JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Washington State Governor Inslee decided to create a state wide "Inslee Ministry of Covid Compliance" (a truth tag we added for clarity) hotline/website (see here) where bored citizens could also report the businesses they felt were not obeying Inslee and those who were not properly subordinate to whatever whimsical proclamation Governor Inslee kicked out next.

not-bad.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Anyone remember learning about the Salem Witch Trails in school.?.. and how everyone thought, "how could anyone be sooo stupid/cruel and yet wield such power over others by using some informants with obvious agendas, to torment, coerce and control a population?" Apparently a lot of people with political aspirations didn't get the point of the lesson.

.... Welcome to the Corona Witch Trials!

Last Edited:
Just leave the SF Jacks phone number as yours when making submissions.

I think the NY rattle number responses was better than the WA ones.

This is disgusting, but not surprising. We are a society of busy-body social-justice warriors embolden by social media.

Somebody wants the barrel races cancelled...are they afraid the horses will get the covid?

Person 'claims' (i.e. heard via the gossip group) that the massage therapy place provides a special type of 'massage', and offers to take video/photographs of customers entering/exiting the business. Guess it's too much to ask for them walk into the business and talk to the owner directly before besmirching the business all over social media.

And on and on...

Person 'claims' (i.e. heard via the gossip group) that the massage therapy place provides a special type of 'massage', and offers to take video/photographs of customers entering/exiting the business. Guess it's too much to ask for them walk into the business and talk to the owner directly before besmirching the business all over social media.

And on and on...
Character assassination, smear and innuendo, all favorite arrows in the (D) quiver... it's time we started responding in kind.

And here I thought doxing was bad. I guess it's cool if you're right wing doxing the left amiright?

Doxxing by nature - no matter what side is doing it - should generally be considered reprehensible behavior. Does it become acceptable when those being exposed are taking actions which infringe on the rights and freedoms of others? After WWII, collaborators were outed and punished through legal or mob justice of sorts. Now, this is a bit different than reporting people who were marched into ovens, but where are the lines vs. the parallels?

That's the interesting moral argument of it, I think. The Information Age has created a whole new host of those types of discussions, and I'd be interested to see how people weigh in on it here.

Doxxing by nature - no matter what side is doing it - should generally be considered reprehensible behavior. Does it become acceptable when those being exposed are taking actions which infringe on the rights and freedoms of others? After WWII, collaborators were outed and punished through legal or mob justice of sorts. Now, this is a bit different than reporting people who were marched into ovens, but where are the lines vs. the parallels?

That's the interesting moral argument of it, I think. The Information Age has created a whole new host of those types of discussions, and I'd be interested to see how people weigh in on it here.
I'm on a phone and about to start work so I'll expand this later. My main thought: the article writer could have made his point easily without publishing the contact information of form submitters and businesses/people that were being accused.

I'm on a phone and about to start work so I'll expand this later. My main thought: the article writer could have made his point easily without publishing the contact information of form submitters and businesses/people that were being accused.

To which article writer are you referring? The governor released the list and it has appeared on multiple web sites. Have you addressed your concerns to Governor Inslee who is responsible for creating the data collection system and releasing the results? Have you told the governor "You shouldn't even be doing this?"

Lefties disapprove of others employing 'their sleeze tactics' and get all huffy when the tables are turned.

Color me laughing and laughing and laughing...
To whom on this forum are you referring?

To which article writer are you referring? The governor released the list and it has appeared on multiple web sites. Have you addressed your concerns to Governor Inslee who is responsible for creating the data collection system and releasing the results? Have you told the governor "You shouldn't even be doing this?"

I'm referring to the article writer as posted in the OP, though my opinion would stand for all such articles.

The Governor only released the information after a public records request - which they must follow by law. Could they have redacted personally identifiable information? I don't know - I'm not up on my Washington State public records laws. But, from the news reports, it isn't left wing media spreading the list around as "businesses to avoid because they're not following the order," no, it's right wing media spreading the list as a "snitch list."

To take a step back, no, I don't think this system should have ever even been set up. If it still exists, it should be scrapped and thrown into the dungheap that is old, crap ideas. Have I contacted Gov. Inslee's office to address these concerns? No. Would I contact Gov. Brown if the same thing were to occur in Oregon? Yes. I don't believe that out-of-staters should be petitioning for change in a state that is not their own.

Take a different example: The Daily Wire does not publish the names of mass killers because of the ethics they hold. They're one of only a few journalists/organizations that will write a story about one of these tragedies while also giving no press to the killer. They do that because they believe that that is right. And that's just a name.

My belief is that no one's personally identifiable information should ever be given in confidence and then spread publicly for any reason. The businesses accused should not become public targets and neither should the accusers. One doesn't need these data points to run any sort of business type analysis or public sentiment analysis on the data.

The only thing the inclusion of PII does is allow for hateful parties to now have a target. The result is some sort of mob/vigilante thing - and I'm absolutely against that sort of behavior.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that, in the process, he does not become a monster.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that, in the process, he does not become a monster.
^^^^ @Hueco nails it... ^^^^

Basically, the same point I was trying to get across in another thread.
Just because one side cheats/lies/deceives, the other side should not adopt those same tactics to combat them.
It's not about "fair is fair" or "all's fair in love and war", but it's about being ethical.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top