JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
According to this law, a clip is a [detachable] magazine after all. Age-old debate solved. ;)

It does read like any physical object that holds any ammunition that is inserted into the body of a firearm (en bloc clip), may be a no-go, but stripper clips that are used to load box magazines (internal and/or external) might be ok...depends on what how they want to interpret "attached" to mean. If simple contact is the threshold, they might be verboten too (and we all know which direction these things will be interpreted in WA courts). Use all of the magazine within a magazine is BS argument all you want, you know how they will rule.

Stupid. I really hope Benitez rules soon and knocks it out of the park.

It's not. ATF put out something a while ago that excluded the "firearms".
Where is that? As of their training for the final brace rule in February 2023 they said multiple times putting a brace on komrad shockwave etc makes it into an sbs. Did they modify their position later? Wouldn't be the first time ha ha.

From USCCA

An en bloc clip is a device which holds ammunition for a firearm together for ease of reloading. Both cartridges and clip are inserted as a unit into a fixed magazine within the rifle. The clip is usually ejected or falls from the rifle upon firing or chambering the last round. Several rifle designs utilize an en bloc clip for loading — notably the M1 Garand.

No.I
He might be thinking of a brace on a shockwave?
No. I noticed after the law went into effect that Davidsons indicated that the Mossberg Shockwave was restricted in my area - Washington. A month earlier there was no such restriction.

I just checked again. Restricted.

I just checked Sportman's Warehouse in Vancouver, WA.

Restricted in Washington state.

This may be worth watching about shockwaves compared to say a 18" normal shotgun with folding stock. Skip to 25:00 mark or so to save time.

Either the Shockwave is listed as prohibited or has listed characteristics that make it prohibited - or not. That video is six years old. How can it possibly be relevant?

I guess you didn't watch it.
I watched for four minutes atarting at 25:00. I heard nothing relevant to whether the Shockwave has been prohibited in the recently passed Assault Weapon Ban, then looked at when it was posted - six years ago. At that point I realized watching the video for information related to my question was a waste of time.

My question was "Is it true that the Mossberg Shockwave is now illegal?"

Again, the Mossberg Shockwave and other related models like Remington's were available until, it appears, passage of Washington's Assault Weapon Ban went into effect very recently.

I watched for four minutes atarting at 25:00. I heard nothing relevant to whether the Shockwave has been prohibited in the recently passed Assault Weapon Ban, then looked at when it was posted - six years ago. At that point I realized watching the video for information related to my question was a waste of time.

Again, the Mossberg Shockwave and other related models like Remington's were available until passage of Washington's Assault Weaopn Ban went into effect very recently.
To quote Steven Covey, sometimes people frantically fight to climb up a ladder only to find out it's leaning on the wrong wall. I'm out of this thread.

My question was "Is it true that the Mossberg Shockwave is now illegal?"

Again, the Mossberg Shockwave and other related models like Remington's were available until, it appears, passage of Washington's Assault Weapon Ban went into effect very recently.
There is nothing in HB1240 that bans the Shockwave. In fact, pump actions are explicitly excluded:

1684290501566.png

Using a retailer as a gage to determine what is legal or not is a fools errand. Do some homework.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top