JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I live in Southeast Portland. I was out running some errands today and noticed a billboard showing a sad looking kid and citing statistics about the number of kids killed or injured per day because of unlocked guns.
Of course it plays on emotions and doesn't address causes or solutions, like teaching children about gun safety and to respect firearms.

I don't recall ever seeing these types of ads in Oregon, but may just not have been paying attention. I will not be surprised to see more.

If there was ever any question as to whether these new efforts are organized and funded by big money, I think this settles it.

Probably goes without saying, but this isn't going to be an easy fight.

That kind of crazy makes me wonder what our membership dues are going...
img_2352_1-2_1535386522830.jpg

Portland Billboards Are A New Approach To Starting Race Conversations

Has anyone looked into the statistic? If it's the one I'm thinking of it was a lie. Dig into the FBI stat being cited, rawdata doesn't add up.

It's crap that this is making it to commercials and billboards. Proves they are willing to lie to get what they want, so sad people are falling for it.

What they intentionally fail to show is how other states, particularly the SE, have a LOT more hate groups than we do.

Hate Map

Anyway, this is about guns, not race, sorry for stealing the thread for a bit.

Nah, no worries. It supports the point that statistics are meaningless and numbers are meaningless without proper context.

There's no place in the world that is free of hate groups of some kind. I was visiting my wife's family in Massachusetts over the holidays and saw some guy wearing a neo-nazi shirt out at a really popular bar just outside Boston. So, not even bastions of social justice (gag me) are the perfect places they claim to be.

F5D6662C-5626-4CE4-AA26-0AA740858EAE.png
Has anyone looked into the statistic? If it's the one I'm thinking of it was a lie. Dig into the FBI stat being cited, rawdata doesn't add up.

It's crap that this is making it to commercials and billboards. Proves they are willing to lie to get what they want, so sad people are falling for it.
Here's your answer - emotion always trumps statistics.

Here's your answer - emotion always trumps statistics.
001.PNG

But what empowers those emotions? IMO, stats like the ones found on billboards or the talking heads on TV.

People tend to take the easier path... which usually means someone else thinking for them. :(

I would think such organizations as the NRA or OFF etc would put more into competing advertisement.

Meanwhile, here's a great list to sort by "count" for intentional homicide victims per 100,000 inhabitants...
List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia

Guess I should move to Liechtenstein if I wanna feel safe! :)
Ha! They're up against the open pocketbooks of Soros, Bloomberg, Steyer, etc, etc, and structured organizations, and the " full-press" of the MSM.

Ha! They're up against the open pocketbooks of Soros, Bloomberg, Steyer, etc, etc, and structured organizations, and the " full-press" of the MSM.

Makes me wonder... who's the richest pro-gun support we have?

I used to think it was Trump, but he's folded so many times, I have my doubts.

I get the "feeling" that they don't understand what this is doing to people in our community.

Here are a few recent videos that sum it up:

And another:

I think a lot of people are tired of seeing this country trashed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top