JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Must have made him feel like a real man breaking the jaw of a 72yr old disabled man!:mad:
Exactly. Even of the old man was being a POS and popping off about the young guys girlfriend. Just dish it back out to the guy with a remark.. Zero reason to physically assault another person over mere words..

Guys a scumbag and deserves the book thrown at him.

That said, keep your mouth shut and mind your own business. No telling what kind of unstable individual you might come across.

Must have made him feel like a real man breaking the jaw of a 72yr old disabled man!
Yea really - guy has that arrogant, chip on his shoulder look in his picture. Like he is on the 'edge' ready to go off any time. I despise these types and have known many.

Kinda chit in his own messkit as well being wanted on a drug charge.

There are 2 sides to this coin. Young people have there own points of view about the pandemic and wearing a mask. In fact lots of folks just more or less ignore the guidance for preventing the spread of COVID. In my youth I might well have been non-compliant, jerk that I often was.

A visit to the doctor 10 days ago was enlightening. He told the wife and I that at 70 a person becomes high risk for COVID. Then he looked at me and said "You are at high, high risk." He had just diagnosed me with asthma, which came as a surprise. My week long hospital stay for a tick bite that nearly ended my retirement came up, and the doc said "Don't get get COVID," and he repeated the warning in earnest.

I think the geezers don't want to die from COCID if they don't have to. Some are scared. And old men, like little boys, are prone to telling the truth. A mouth should be under the control of a governor than moderates what you say and when. Unfortunately, for old men, it tends to wear out and truth has a way of escaping. Some people don't care for the truth, which can be hard to hear.

YouTube has a video about a Michigan Sheriff's Deputy killing a man over a stabbing that began with an old man who spoke up about a mask. If nothing else the body cam shows what happens if you focus on the attacker and forget front sight placement.

I think the geezers don't want to die from COCID if they don't have to.
To which I agree with but this fellow could have easily died from the beating he took from the scumbag who reacted from him mentioning about his GF not wearing a mask.

The bottom line is there seem to be MORE of us who agree wearing a mask is useless and those who do not need to keep their mouths shut or hide away and save themselves and NOT blame non-mask wearers for their safety!

Last Edited:
This whole mask Nazi thing is way out of hand! Wear one or not, it's each person's choice to follow the law or not, and it's NOT up to others to enforce it! This Karen's vigilante crusade has already gotten people killed, and people need to stop doing it before more people get killed!

There are 2 sides to this coin. Young people have there own points of view about the pandemic and wearing a mask. In fact lots of folks just more or less ignore the guidance for preventing the spread of COVID. In my youth I might well have been non-compliant, jerk that I often was.

A visit to the doctor 10 days ago was enlightening. He told the wife and I that at 70 a person becomes high risk for COVID. Then he looked at me and said "You are at high, high risk." He had just diagnosed me with asthma, which came as a surprise. My week long hospital stay for a tick bite that nearly ended my retirement came up, and the doc said "Don't get get COVID," and he repeated the warning in earnest.

I think the geezers don't want to die from COCID if they don't have to. Some are scared. And old men, like little boys, are prone to telling the truth. A mouth should be under the control of a governor than moderates what you say and when. Unfortunately, for old men, it tends to wear out and truth has a way of escaping. Some people don't care for the truth, which can be hard to hear.

YouTube has a video about a Michigan Sheriff's Deputy killing a man over a stabbing that began with an old man who spoke up about a mask. If nothing else the body cam shows what happens if you focus on the attacker and forget front sight placement.

I can understand the fear that old people have, but COVID deaths seem to correlate with bad health rather than age. At 35 I would not call the puncher "Young People", he is just an *hole. This was not just a reaction, the jerk came back to the lobby and punched the old man until he was unconscious.

If masks work so great, old man wearing one had nothing to fear, we can also put all those people who were let out of prison back into prison and just issue them masks. If masks don't work so great, then we can stop the safety theater about how the mask stops the virus because that's all it is if that is the case.

We've seen people attacked for not wearing masks and we've also seen people attacked for reminding others to wear masks. Long story short, people can mind their business and they will probably end up more healthy than if they didn't. I'll happily keep not wearing one unless I enter a business that states a condition of entry is I have to wear a mask - their business, their rules, but anywhere else - nope.

I can understand the fear that old people have, but COVID deaths seem to correlate with bad health rather than age. At 35 I would not call the puncher "Young People", he is just an *hole. This was not just a reaction, the jerk came back to the lobby and punched the old man until he was unconscious.

If old people are that afraid, they shouldn't even be going outside, they should have their groceries delivered and stay inside their homes indefinitely. Life will never be 100% safe.

There are very few reasons to HAVE to be next to someone you don't agree with. Elevator, back seat of a police car are maybe a few. Beyond that, turn around and go the other direction if you really believe your life is in danger. Otherwise, it seems like you really don't think your life is in danger.

Well again assuming the young guy did beat down the old guy I hope he pays a LOT. If the old guy did confront him? Well I guess he needs to learn to mind his own business. If you are that old you should not be starting something with someone half your age. Just like the old woman who ended up with a broken leg doing this. If she had left the other shopper alone she would not be in the hospital with a broken leg.

If someone is that scared there is simple choices. Avoid others, if they chose to go out wear a respirator, not a mask. Then they will not feel the "need" to start something with total strangers and cry when they get hurt. :confused:

The article stated old man said something to the attacker's GF. The attacker returned to the lobby, likely after being told by his lady that old man said something about her lack of mask.

That's pretty thin to put the blame on old dude.

I suppose I should have punched the old lady that made a comment to me about not wearing a mask at the veterinary office a few weeks ago? Or had my GF do it. :rolleyes:

How old was she? If she was really feeble, probably just a shove would have nearly ended her. (Dark sarcasm)

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR