JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Holster variety and availability is something to consider.
Here is a non-scientific quick search on a major retailer's "holster finder."
I entered Make/Model/Inside the Waistband...
Walther PPS
ui_walther.png
Glock 43
ui_glock.png
SIG P365
P365.png

Ok y'all, I've been comparing the Glock 43 to the Walther PPS for daily CC.

Any thoughts on which one is better or would recommend one over the other?

Thank you!
It is really not possible for someone else to tell you what will work for you. Are there any ranges with rentals around you? If not at least find shops that have both and handle both. What is going to matter is what works for you. Both are known for quality so either one should be no problem there.

Glock 43
Walther PPS
Sig P365
Springfield Hellcat
S&W M&P
Etc..

They are all excellent guns and you really can't go wrong with any of them. How do you plan to carry? I would choose a gun that fits your preferred carry style rather than choose a carry style that fits your gun.

After many many years of carrying I found that pocket carry works best for me and none of the above pistols suit my carry habits. I carry a lowly Diamondback DB9 most often because it is the only 9mm that will fit in my pocket that I can still draw easily even though I own several other nicer guns. The DB9 is not in the same class as my Hellcat, Kahr CM9, Glock 42, XDs in .45acp, Karh CM45 or Xd mod 2 subcompact in .45acp guns but it has been 100% reliable and suits my purpose. If I am wearing something in which I can comfortable conceal a larger gun I will usually go with the XDs in .45acp for the extra stopping power of the bigger round. I learned to shoot the DB9 well because it suited my purpose best even though it is a bit of a hand slapper and most of my other guns were much easier to gain proficiency with. The XDs in .45acp is the same in not being a pleasant gun to shoot or an easy gun to learn to shoot well.

Decades ago when I carried larger pistols I found that I didn't actually have the larger pistols on my the majority of the time. Now I throw on a pair of jeans or some shorts to run to the store and sliding my DB9 into my pocket is second nature. For other dress I also have an LCP and P32 if I need to down gun for an occasion.

204065-e9f11eb40cea4f84492502213741d638.jpg

Everyone should do what works best for them, this is just what works best for me.

Last Edited:
It's hard to go wrong. I did buy a Sig I couldn't shoot accurately to save my life. Nothing wrong with the gun just me. Over about 20 guns, that's the only one I couldn't adapt to.

Ok y'all, I've been comparing the Glock 43 to the Walther PPS for daily CC.

Any thoughts on which one is better or would recommend one over the other?

Thank you!
I've owned both Glocks and Walthers, and have always gravitated to the Glock over the Walther for EDC.

That being said, +1 to carrying the highest capacity magazine you can. If you're dead set on one of those two offerings, you can get mag extensions for the 43 to increase capacity. However, the 365, 43x, and other similar offerings will get you 10rd mags without sacrificing much in the way of thickness or length. If you haven't considered those yet, probably a good idea to do so.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top