JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ceasefire Oregon. Their giving a $50 Fred Meyer gift certificate for any gun operating or not. Maybe I should take my old broken pellet gun down there so I can go t FM and get a new one!!!

Who sponsors these gun turn ins? The cops, or anti gun groups?

Both sort of.

<broken link removed>

It will be staffed by Ceasefire Oregon Education Foundation volunteers and sworn officers from the Portland Police Bureau. Our event partners are Mayor Sam Adams, the Portland Police Bureau, and the Office of Neighborhood Involvement.

I think they give a $50 per gun. Anyone looking to go with some cash and buy some guns?

If you go with a sign it wold be interesting to know what law the cops could come up with to run you off...and you know they will.
I went to one years ago,they ran out of gift certs FAST,BUT iditos were jus giving them their guns anyway..FOR FREE. DOH !!!! how STOOOPID . the police presence was a turn off to me, are they running numbes as you bring the guns in??

let us see what we really have ... i think the tally on the last one of these i looked at was 300 plus hunting rifles, bolt or other action, non removable mag... 600 handguns, 20 or so oddball illeagles( ie sawed offs and zip guns) and 1 assult rifle, a german maching gun from wwII thats someones grandpa had.... so there will be 300 less hunters out, 400 less peaople able to defend themselfs(best case lol) 20 or so idiots without weapons, and one peice of history destroyed... gotta love the anti's... the can have mine, but they will have to take them from my grandchildren, and none of them have been born yet!

WOW this thread and each post in it is like Deja-vue Last time there was a Gun Buy back almost the exact same posts were made.

Personally I have a POS .25 Auto that is not in safe usable condition but sure looks like it is. I think $50.00 worth of .22LR from freddies would be a nice trade for it.

According to Crease Fire oregons web site the got 211 guns earlier this year and 142 last year. Not sure where the above numbers are coming from.

Since 1994, Ceasefire has hosted an Annual Gun Turn-In, with locations in ten communities in the state of Oregon. In that time, 7,161 firearms have been collected and destroyed.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews