JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, the sidewalk purchase sounds like a neat idea but with all the eyes and cameras, I'll admit I'd be nervous. My FTF transactions in the past have been with forum members in quiet, neutral places. Anyone have an idea about the rules of a FTF in a public place like this? I don't want to get busted for brandishing or something stupid like that.

So, the sidewalk purchase sounds like a neat idea but with all the eyes and cameras, I'll admit I'd be nervous. My FTF transactions in the past have been with forum members in quiet, neutral places. Anyone have an idea about the rules of a FTF in a public place like this? I don't want to get busted for brandishing or something stupid like that.

Oregon doesn't have a brandishing law. There is a menacing law. You shouldn't have a problem if you don't go waving them around. If you don't have a CHL, don't load a gun or a magazine. The city prohibits it.

Went By there around noon .Thought i might find something worthwhile.More guys on sidewalk with we buy guns signs than people turning in guns. ( Great place for gang members to buy more guns)

Went By there around noon .Thought i might find something worthwhile.More guys on sidewalk with we buy guns signs than people turning in guns. ( Great place for gang members to buy more guns)

Yep, this is where me and my home boys pick up our glock fo'tays with assault clips. We also find our gats there with shoulder things that go up.

Your prapaganda is as bad as thiers.

Dont make me send the homeboys after you...
We just installed these on all our fo'tays
hnsbig.jpg

Dont make me send the homeboys after you...
We just installed these on all our fo'tays
hnsbig.jpg

That is both horribly wrong, and extremely hilarious at the same time...

At work, a bunch of us have Nerf guns. Sadly, mine is more accurate fired "gansta" style than normal. (Darts curve to the right upright, which, held "gangsta style", means it just adds an upward arc.)

Meth heads showing up to sell a gun they stole would be the only positive scenario. But they could get more for it on the street so that happening is probably unlikely.
I'm kinda new here, from Montana. If a junkie turned in a stolen gun, isn't it the responsibility of the police to check out the numbers of firearms turned in to see if it was reported stolen? I know numbers could or could not have been altered or obliterated, but I think Cease Fire Oregon may be held accountable for buying stolen guns. Wouldn't it be the responsibilty of the police to contact the owner of said stolen gun? Just a bit of discussion fodder. I'm sure the cops look the other way and won't be bothered with such legal technicalities.

Good article on it from the Portland Tribune: Gun turn-in pits Ceasefire against collectors with cash

Best quote?
A number of police officers assisting with the turn-in event said they had no problem with gun collectors persuading gun owners not to hand over their guns for destruction.

The Portland Police behaving well. Apparently at a previous event, an officer even convinced someone to take an antique rifle to a museum rather than turn it in!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top