JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Monday, 30 July, 2018. Another small swarm, biggest about 5.3 R due west of about Florence OR? There a bouts? Shallow. Right on the fault. Are we at that point in time where I can say that I have a bad feeling about all of this?

Hawaiian Big Island volcanic activity. Big land slides? Mega Tsunamis? All the wildfires in SW OR USA. Also CA USA. . One maybe raging through CJ OR USA? Now another earthquake swarm just W off the OR coast. All at once? Yikes!

No way.

Speculation aside, whatever produces our individual states of aroused anxiety has been a subject of interest and studies nearly forever.

The urge to link various calamities large & small, of both natural and human origin, and erect various hypotheses to support such notions, is a subset of the urge to hoard, IMNSHO.

Another version of the Realm of the non-rational and delusion, affecting the collection of theories supporting the 'collusion and conspiracies' which continues skirmishes with Objective Reality.

Along the continuum of 'what if the volcano blows' and 'mud slide wipes out villages' is the interface that is inarguable.

Can anybody here tell us the significance between "Oven Tempered" vs "Quilted Strength"? Years ago our City Fathers spent a lot of non necessary money on creating and maintaining for years about twice the fire department our small central CA town actually needed. Bakersfield CA.

Very expensive indeed. But .... I do remember the few times when we had four, (4) separate structure fires burning at once. The statistical probability of that happening in our small town was very low, yet it did happen. We used up all our resources. It took almost 60 minutes for

The other shift to respond to duty. If we had not been able to effectively double our fire resources we would have lost lots of property. As far as multiple natural disasters occurring at one time we only need to look outside. SW OR USA. CA USA. We are running out of fire resources.

Could the Big Earthquake strike at this time? Do the math. Very non probable. However there is an old saying that big shiet always comes in threes. The Hawaiian Land Slips and Mega Tsunamis are extremely non likely. These are geological events measured in many thousands of years.

Oh boy. :)

I have an earthquake app on my phone that alerts me to one anywhere in the world. It has been blowing lately. Apparently it wasn't just my imagination: 'Big One' talk swirls as 69 massive earthquakes hit the Pacific's Ring of Fire in 48 hours

According to the USGS, though, "A temporary increase or decrease in seismicity is part of the normal fluctuation of earthquake rates. Neither an increase or decrease worldwide is a positive indication that a large earthquake is imminent."

What app are you using CountryGent

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top