JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I use an app as well, the one I have also has a built in full top to bottom weather.

I have an earthquake app on my phone that alerts me to one anywhere in the world. It has been blowing lately. Apparently it wasn't just my imagination: 'Big One' talk swirls as 69 massive earthquakes hit the Pacific's Ring of Fire in 48 hours

According to the USGS, though, "A temporary increase or decrease in seismicity is part of the normal fluctuation of earthquake rates. Neither an increase or decrease worldwide is a positive indication that a large earthquake is imminent."

We're headed down to the coast in September. We've definitely taken the possibility of the big one hitting while we're down there more seriously the past few years. We bring extra supplies, including meds like insulin for me since I have to have it. Also pack some extra food and camping type supplies in case we get stuck having to move or provide shelter. Of course, I'll be loaded out with a small variety of guns for hunting and self-defense. Lastly, we have begun choosing places to stay that are out of the 'inundation zones' which are easily reviewed online. We now avoid staying in places like Rockaway because it's going underwater almost entirely in the case of a big quake/tsunami, and it's quickly cut off from any route north, south or west for escape or to get to resources. Kind of sucks having to think that way now, but it's going to happen some day, hopefully not in my lifetime or my daughter's, but it's better to take a few precautions, just in case.

Interesting times and much activity indeed.
I have earthquake insurance but I'm going to buy flood insurance now. After all of the fires, mudslides and floods can definitely be expected. Especially since we're pretty much located on a shelf in a canyon beside a large year round creek.

About 4.3 off the Middle-southern Oregon Coast. On the fault. About 11.30 pm last night or so on 5 October, 2018. I was propped up in bed with pillows reading and did not feel anything here. That is all.

And another. About 3.2 off the Southern Oregon Coast. About 10KM deep. I felt nothing. 22 October, 2018.

That is all.

That is not all. Yep ... quite a large swarm at the Northern End of the Cascadian Mega Subduction fault.

That is all.

Last Edited:
Two, (2) more on the Cascadian. One off the Southern Oregon coast, about 4.2; another of about 4.1 right on the swarm off Vancouver Island on the North end of the fault. Both 24 October, (I think), 2018. I do hope this is strain lessening and not building up.

That is all.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top