JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh get off your anti NRA soap box. You are offending many many NRA members. The NRA is not your personal gofer. They are not orientated toward state level fights. They do National.
If your goal is to destroy the Actual 2nd Amendment then stay on track because that is what the ultimate end of your track leads.

Support the state level organizations like OFF like the rest of us do and stop the fragging of our best National Ally. You sound just like Bloomberg.
You do absolutely zero good continually badmouthing the NRA, but maybe that is your goal. Sounds like it.
You accomplish nothing locally either badmouthing a good national ally.

And you cant answer a simple question.

I don't even know who he is - and no you did not answer the question - what at a state level has the NRA accomplished to benefit Oregon gun owners.

I don't even know who he is - and no you did not answer the question - what at a state level has the NRA accomplished to benefit Oregon gun owners.

What organization has accomplished more in favor of the second amendment than the NRA? Why are you so selfish to only think of your state? You seem like a democrat who only votes for the person that will support their homosexual lifestyle.

https://www.nraila.org/news/

Look at how much goes on in the country, at the very least the NRA is keeping people informed.

They have made sure many of the Ranges have stayed open for you use. They have provided training to most LE. they have provided most of the Hunter education classes and instructors... and helped alert gun owners that they have a state level fight to work on.

They did not change your diaper though.

Do you even know what OSSA is ?
They do that too.

ONE MORE TIME REAL SLOW..
I.F.
N.o.t
F.o.r
t.h.e
N.R.A.
a n d
I t 's
w o r k
f o r
o v e r
a
h u n d r e d
y e a r s

T H E R E
W O U L D
B E
N O
2 nd
A M E N D M E N T
T O D A Y
T O
D E F E N D ! ! !

Last Edited:
So we cant really say this law or that law was pushed through by them. Taku - your ignorance and arrogance has no equal. Asking a simple question and you go on a personal attack - now I know why you don't use your real name. You might actually be held accountable for your responses.

So we cant really say this law or that law was pushed through by them. Taku - your ignorance and arrogance has no equal. Asking a simple question and you go on a personal attack - now I know why you don't use your real name. You might actually be held accountable for your responses.

You haven't offered any solutions or alternatives. Would you like everyone to give you money to fight for our rights?

from a buisness perspective it makes no sense to continue to pay for a product that is no longer meeting your expectations....

I am not against supporting 2A groups I simply ask what have they accomplished as of late and yes I will be sending the money else where. It was a simple question in my mind. If you support a group, how about actually expecting that group to have accomplished something that makes you feel like your money is being used properly. I do believe that the NRA has accomplished things, but the idea is they need to be doing things local or at least supporting our communities in Oregon.

OFF is the best so far in my mind. I need to research this a little more.

No research necessary. OFF IS the place to donate to in the Local fights without question.
Kevin is a damned hard worker and devoted 2nd Amendment advocate for Oregon !
He is our state level version of the NRA-ILA so to speak. It is what he does.

Last Edited:
OFF is the best so far in my mind. I need to research this a little more.

OFF is definitely the best for defending our state rights. The constitution applies to the whole country however. Who fights against federal legislation regarding guns? The NRA, which is why I am a member of both.

JRuby you hit the nail on the head. You need to do some research.
You come down hard on Taku because he won't say what you want him to.
He has done his homework.

I am not against supporting 2A groups I simply ask what have they accomplished as of late and yes I will be sending the money else where. It was a simple question in my mind. If you support a group, how about actually expecting that group to have accomplished something that makes you feel like your money is being used properly. I do believe that the NRA has accomplished things, but the idea is they need to be doing things local or at least supporting our communities in Oregon.

Then All we ask is you actually go read and learn the history of the NRA and what it is and has accomplished for the past hundred years and all the aspects of firearms protections and training that they are actually involved in. States are not their priority, The US Constitution and its 2nd Amendment is what they defend and have done so for their history among hundreds of other things they do in education and training and that goes far beyond just the legislative aspects.
The NRA is not a state savior, they are a National savior, and until you comprehend that you don't know what they are. One thing they do is help maintain ranges and keep them open on state levels, and they help keep people apprised of state issues, even if they are not directly involved. Their members are.

If they pick one state off at a time then what does it matter what the NRA does in DC?

So, your logic is, if they don't do what I want them to do in my state, why bother existing at all? That statement makes no sense whatsoever. It should be the responsibility and duty for all gun owners that care anything about their rights to support both state and national level groups. We have a good one in OFF here in this state, what's been said about Kevin is true. If he had more money directed to his organization, he could do even more, maybe bring on more staff to help him do more.

As for the NRA, I'm a life member. At this time, any extra money is going to OFF (as well as some that went to SAF to help in Washington too), not to the NRA. I like what the NRA is able to do on a national level, such as just recently stopping the attempted M855 ammo ban cold in its tracks - after they were able to rally substantial support in congress. That's the stuff they're best at. They are, after all, the National Rifle Association, not the State Rifle Association. If that's what we need, then maybe someone else can step up and start one on a state level. I would love to see the NRA be able to do serious work in all 50 states, but working in the business world, I'm very aware that no one company or organization can do it all - resources have to be directed where they can do the most good.

I joined the NRA with full knowledge of who they are and what they do. I expected them to focus on the national level fight, I wasn't expecting them to come to Oregon and do the same. So, for me, I'm not upset with them doing what I already expected them to do.

fair enough Taku, but all I ask is to stop bashing folks for asking where is the NRA.... its a fair question and some dont know their history in detail (including myself). None of us are rich so when we dont see any results from donating its a fair question to ask and doesnt make anyone an anti. If you want to be a steward for the NRA then answer questions without all the side switching accusations please.

So if the NRA doesnt help the state then those of us who cannot afford to donate to both should logically be encouraged to donate in the direction they feel best.

JRuby you hit the nail on the head. You need to do some research.
You come down hard on Taku because he won't say what you want him to.
He has done his homework.
I've been around here for years now, and reading this same drivel from "JRuby" for almost as long. It used to be JGRuby, and he said the exact same things.
He votes blue, refuses to apologize for it with noise about voting his conscience, and the candidates he defends repeatedly attempt to screw us gun owners every election cycle. I asked him straight up if he could say the people he voted for supported or opposed 941 and he comes back with "I voted my conscience."
IOW, his conscience doesn't bother him when you lose your gun rights.

Gun rights are low on his priority list, so he comes around trying to discredit the NRA every time the topic arises

Jamie and I go way back - I voted for Obama and have no apologies for it and Jamie here voted for Romney , a guy that off shored more jobs and supported gun control bills while the governor of Mass. He just cant get over losing.

This is my response to Jamie since he wishes to take it out of context
"I voted my conscience - Kitzhaber did not receive my vote, neither will Hillary."

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads