JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
fair enough Taku, but all I ask is to stop bashing folks for asking where is the NRA.... its a fair question and some dont know their history in detail (including myself). None of us are rich so when we dont see any results from donating its a fair question to ask and doesnt make anyone an anti. If you want to be a steward for the NRA then answer questions without all the side switching accusations please.

So if the NRA doesnt help the state then those of us who cannot afford to donate to both should logically be encouraged to donate in the direction they feel best.

I will do that when they stop bashing a great NATIONAL organization. I will not let Bloomberg win that one. I know the NRA and I know OFF. I will continue to support them both and will never badmouth any Pro gun organization. They are my ally, and I will also defend them when it comes up and I feel its needed.. Just simple fact.
Don't frag an ally is a simple rule of battle. They may frag you back.
Or they won't be there to keep you from being fragged by the enemy when the time comes.
The NRA has done a great deal in this state and every person that gets a CHL feels that. Their instructors were trained by them. They helped in ways many just do not comprehend. They are not our personal legislative saviors. We are expected to handle that part of it.
When it gets to a violation of the US constitution to a point they feel warrants they usually come to the aid of the state and help. Until then the state organizations are the ones to handle it. In Oregon that is Oregon Firearms Federation - OFF

Last Edited:
fair enough Taku, but all I ask is to stop bashing folks for asking where is the NRA.... its a fair question and some dont know their history in detail (including myself). None of us are rich so when we dont see any results from donating its a fair question to ask and doesnt make anyone an anti. If you want to be a steward for the NRA then answer questions without all the side switching accusations please.

So if the NRA doesnt help the state then those of us who cannot afford to donate to both should logically be encouraged to donate in the direction they feel best.

If you do have the means to support both, then do so. Unless our state secedes from the U.S. we're at the mercy of both the feds and the state, and since federal laws trump state laws... We have to be just as concerned about those.

Jamie and I go way back - I voted for Obama and have no apologies for it and Jamie here voted for Romney , a guy that off shored more jobs and supported gun control bills while the governor of Mass. He just cant get over losing.
You no doubt voted for 941 supporters also, and offer no apologies for that either.
I'm "over" my preferred candidate losing every election they've ever lost. But that doesn't stop me from comparing the shortcomings of future candidates.
But I wouldn't thump my chest over voting for the "winner" if my candidate turned around and tried to screw over gun owners after I cast my vote for him/her.
And I indeed would apologize to every gun owner on the forum.

And more often than not, government policies and tax rates drive jobs offshore JG. If they didn't, CEOs wouldn't take them there.
If the current policies were more business/employment friendly, the jobs would stay here.

Thank you for your opinion - I am always happy to hear from you. So you support American jobs going over seas, no wonder we get a long so well ( not ). I am interested to see who you choose in 2016, maybe a winner this time.

As long as we continue to elect "leaders" that drive jobs offshore with asinine policies, I won't expect them to stay here.
That's part of being grounded in reality instead of progressive fantasies.
And if I don't choose a "winner" I'll not lose sleep over it.

As a matter of fact, I'll no doubt sleep better, knowing that I voted for the gun rights supporter!

The anti have shifted their strategy to the state level in purple states. That is the current battleground. The NRA must also shift it's tactics. Seems pretty simple to me.

We all know that gun rights puts food on the table for the average American, sleep well.
If you ever get a grasp on "Cause and Effect" JG, be sure and let us know.
Because currently, the effect your candidate's cause is having on the average American's income is killing this country.
The current workforce is lacks a greater percentage of working age people than even Jimmy Carter's.
Romney couldn't possibly have done any worse!

But hey, "fundamental transformation" means different things to different people.
But few are foolish enough to try to spin the current situation into a positive.

I have seen good and bad under Obama , lost a business in 2010 but since then have done well. I have few complaints.

Where and when the NRA has has been explained calmly, with facts and links.
When someone gets bashed, it's because they are stuck on transmit, side switching, devils advocating, Alinsky-Bloomberg tactics.
As to results, too many blue folks vote their conscience, heart, soul, feelings.
Now Oregon has a SUPER MAJORITY. The libs don't see a need to budge.
As such I believe those who voted AYE trod on the Constitution, are traitors.
The money the NRA ILA PVF has to dole out, comes from MY POCKET!
I'm glad NRA is wisely spending money and effort where there is a hope of success!

The anti have shifted their strategy to the state level in purple states. That is the current battleground. The NRA must also shift it's tactics. Seems pretty simple to me.
Slimer
Would you tell your opposition what your next tactic would be? Maybe it's to let Bloomberg flush money down the drain in blue states. Those states don't have a reputation for frugality...
The NRA shifted tactics in 1976 when the gun fight came out in the open. As a result of the shift, The NRA had it's own revolution, the outcome being ILA, PVF, Knox Foundation. Took a couple years to settle out.
I was at the Phoenix AZ NRA annual convention and watched part of the battle on the convention floor.
A US Senator tried to manage the NRA Board by using Roberts Rules of Order. The Chairman made it quite clear that NRA uses RRO as a tool but it is not ruled by RRO.
And the fight continues.

This whole argument reminds me of a time I tried to convince a heavy pot smoking idiot that smoking pot was affecting her decision making.:cool::(

NO FRIGGIN WAY! she retorted:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

After she had lost an over 1/2 million inheritance, she actually said to me; "You know, pot smoking really does make you stupid"....:(;):confused::rolleyes:o_O

The NRA needs to change course somewhat, and it needs to listen to some of us a little closer.:D:D:D

i can onlg speculate but I hope the NRA isnt making a mistake letting the states fight their own battles...

Yes, I call them all the time. They have their hands full just with this administration and keeping an eye on his underhanded BS. People think they are the Big Giant Bank, but in truth they need far more than they have now. Bloomturd can out spend them ten fold and that is with his pocket change.
I am glad they are able to hold their own in DC.
What too many idiots don't comprehend is if not for the work of the NRA for the past hundred years, there would be no 2nd Amendment today to defend.
But that would require seeing beyond the end of the nose............................
There is a serious agenda by the left to undermine and badmouth the NRA and weaken it. Anyone that helps in that is NOT pro gun but just damned selfish and for all intent and purpose an enemy of the 2nd Amendment, regardless of their banter otherwise.
Just plain aggravating !.

The problem is that if the the Bloomies are sucessful in defeating Second Amendment rights by picking off the States, State by State then there will be no need for the NRA. True, the NRA has done a credible job in the past on a National Level but things have changed and it seems that the NRA has failed to adapt. It's possible for even big organizations to become obsolete. The NRA's success came from it's lobbyists putting the fear of God into elected politicians and that is where much of its money was spent. If the "representatives" are more afraid of Bloomberg then the NRA has become a paper tiger. For the first time the NRA is losing and seems to have an apathetic if not fatalistic attitude about it. The only thing that can be done after bills like 941 are signed into law is challenge them in the federal courts. The most frustrating part is that the NRA has been non communicative about any plan of action it may have to combat what has already happened in Washington, Oregon and California. These are horrendous losses to Second Amendment rights to own firearms. In my opinion there needs to be a NPO whose sole purpose is to fund legal challenges to these State bills that are now statutes which may have been erroneously constructed and/or conflict with federal law.

The problem is that if the the Bloomies are sucessful in defeating Second Amendment rights by picking off the States, State by State then there will be no need for the NRA. True, the NRA has done a credible job in the past on a National Level but things have changed and it seems that the NRA has failed to adapt. It's possible for even big organizations to become obsolete. The NRA's success came from it's lobbyists putting the fear of God into elected politicians and that is where much of its money was spent. If the "representatives" are more afraid of Bloomberg then the NRA has become a paper tiger. For the first time the NRA is losing and seems to have an apathetic if not fatalistic attitude about it. The only thing that can be done after bills like 941 are signed into law is challenge them in the federal courts. The most frustrating part is that the NRA has been non communicative about any plan of action it may have to combat what has already happened in Washington, Oregon and California. These are horrendous losses to Second Amendment rights to own firearms. In my opinion there needs to be a NPO whose sole purpose is to fund legal challenges to these State bills that are now statutes which may have been erroneously constructed and/or conflict with federal law.
The problem is....blue belly lizards making up doom and gloom.
The NRA's 5,000,000+ members put the fear of God into politicians.
Most of them are not blue bellied lizards.
The NRA doesn't want to reveal it's strategy to blue bellied lizards.
It is known that they skitter off into the pucker brush, even if they leave their tails behind, to tell Alinsky and their other greasy fiends what they saw and heard.
NRA spends much of it's money as grants for range improvements to it's member ranges.
Ever wonder why Douglas Ridge has covers over it's firing lines? Matching grants.
How did DRRC survive the horrendous lawsuits? BTW the sewers expected us to fold because they could spend lots of money and such. Friends of DRRC helped us to fund legal folks and scientists to refute the sewers. DRRC is a member range of NRA.
Ever wonder why DRRC looks like a golf course fairway with it's own elk herd?
1400+ members working long and hard hours to make it happen.
Money doesn't magically appear, it comes out of our pockets.

Taku, I hear where your coming from when you say anyone who doesn't support the NRA is really a Bloomberg crony but at what point do ya start losing faith in them? Other than taking my money, what have they done for the gun owners of Washington and now Oregon? They get money from all over the US yet they chose to NOT fight the end run on our rights? At what point do you question "Are they all about the money or are they really for the individual rights of gun owners? No one in Washington or Oregon has the money to go up against Bloomberg but at $35 a head the NRA does!!!
Sadly I have lost all faith in the NRA because they talk the talk but they DON'T WALK THE WALK! That doesn't make me a Bloomberg cronie, that makes me someone who has witnessed the NRA fold in the light of adversity where they decided our gun rights weren't worth the money we give them.
The NRA isn't the organization they were when Charlton Heston was their president. He would have spent every cent battling the BUBBLEGUM that Bloombergs folks spread like peanut butter... Think of the children my A$$, think of them when the badguy takes over the bus and blows the all away because the bus driver isn't allowed to carry a gun! The NRA has been neutered and I will not waste another dime supporting them!

Put your money where you want.
One more time an attempt to get the message through lead skulls.

THE NRA DOES NOT do local and state legal issues, nor do they fund them.

They (NRA-ILA) do NATIONAL level lobby and legal issues.

When things get to the supreme court level at the state arenas they get involved and help in those suits. Ie; National in National Rifle Association. Get it yet ??????

The NRA
They fund ranges, training, education and many many other things.

You want legal and state level then support OFF in Oregon.

STOP BADMOUTHING THE NRA.
That is the most ignorant thing you can do and it plays right into the anti's hands.

Are any of you intelligent enough to comprehend that. You sure have not so far?

Do your work in Oregon and fight the battles and just stop the Bullcrap belittling of the NRA, as you have no basis to do so other than to try and damage them and that makes you the enemy of the 2nd, not a fighter for the 2nd.
You also obviously do not pay much attention to what keeps the ranges open and who helps them improve their facilities. It is the NRA that does much of it.

Again NRA-ILA does the National Issues and aid when the states get to Supreme court fights. Need me to say it again for the 87th time today ????
DAMN...........
Get a clue.

Last Edited:
This thread is a total waste of energy bickering about the friggin NRA!. All the time and energy would be better used focusing on something productive to fight the corruption in our state capital rather than bickering like a bunch of grade schoolers! Agree to disagree on the NRA subject and move on!.:mad:

Rick, despite your incredibly disrespectful posts at me today I'm going to respond in an attempt at civility with you and Taku. Oh, and it was me that got you the warning.

I realize that Taku and yourself think very highly of the NRA. Many individuals think highly of the 1911 as well. However, time evolves all things. While I see your points to a hypothetical level of action, ie, local, state, federal, this is not the case for those that wish to disarm us all. They only see one fight, removing our rights however possible.

Bloomberg gave up on the Federal government and in turn supported mostly in state actions during the last election cycle. While there may have been a victory for Republicans, who for now are pro-gun, it is a loss for citizens who live in states that Bloomberg's minions made gains.

While there will be some hold outs, losing states to laws is detrimental in many facets. Obviously, first the citizens of those states lose their rights. In addition however, it sets larger precedents and larger groups that courts can use to justify further erosion of the second amendment through legal challenges. Remember, the basis of the Heller decision was commonality. If registration becomes a commonality a court may be more swayed by it.

Furthermore, continually attacking other gun owners, especially when you don't know anything about them, on assumptions leads to strife. You push people away from the very organization you hold dear and you create enemies in your own camp. The reason Oregon for so long was a blue controlled state, but had very few firearms restrictions, by comparison to other blue states, was the large number of Democrat gun owners. When you ostracize and demonize those people however, they are more inclined to work against you. I know you think I'm immediately a Democrat because I disagreed with you earlier, but you're wrong. Even if I was however, you should be trying to convince me to come to your side, not childishly hurling insults and disrespect. Everyone loses their temper. bubblegum happens.

I'm not saying the NRA hasn't done it's part in the past. It has. I do think a lot of credit goes to the NRA that they don't always earn, but on the flip side they get a lot of heat for things that have nothing to do with them either. They are however a major political player in the realm of gun rights. As someone who is trying to fight a Bloomberg funded candidate and meeting heavy resistance it's extremely frustrating. Not only are we having people intimidated to not help us, but both parties are pressuring the recalls to fail for their own purposes. Perhaps expecting assistance from the NRA was naive on our part , but they have themselves put out their that they are willing to help the common member fight the good fight. As we have not received any support from that it's frustrating to feel like you are fighting a billionaire AND both political parties as just three guys with full time jobs.

You can post a whole thing about how I'm blue and a Bloomberg plant and blah blah blah. However, Taku posted a long comment about how disliking the NRA would make lots of enemies and you seemed to agree. How many gun owners that could be potentially recruiting not only to vote for pro-gun candidates, but for the NRA you seem to cherish if you spent more time embracing them? Honestly, the fact that the NRA would not give us any support didn't make me nearly as pissed at the NRA itself as you two did insulting me because I disagreed with you about it's status. Shrug, that's all I got.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads