JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Because a rifle is a rifle. It has a barrel and a buttstock. A receiver is a receiver. It does not have a barrel or a buttstock. They are legal terms in the US code and ATF regs.

A manufacturer is a 07 FFL holder. Only manufacturers pay excise tax. "Makers" are end users that assemble their own rifle. They do not manufacture. Again. More ATF Legal terms.

If it was a stripped lower, don't worry about it (and NO it doesn't matter which little box your FFL checked). If it was previously a rifle that has been stripped down, then worry about it (if you care about breaking federal law that is).

I live in WA and when I purchase my first stripped lower, I would have had to wait three days before picking it up. But, since I had a CCW permit I was able to pick it up. I asked him about the three day wait and he said that's the way WA does it.

Bob

In this environment, it could be there's a back-up in federal BGCs or it could be it was falsely rejected and it took an additional 2 days to clear.Normally it would be same day approval.

I live in WA and when I purchase my first stripped lower, I would have had to wait three days before picking it up. But, since I had a CCW permit I was able to pick it up. I asked him about the three day wait and he said that's the way WA does it.

Bob

Yes find a different FFL. There was some backlog for the NICS check but my background check was done when my FFL received my lowers since he needed the serial numbers of my lowers.

We met and did the exchange on the tailgate of his pickup truck keeping 6' apart wearing masks. I signed and theN he signed the paperwork.

I would met with him sooner but he customers buying as well so I had to wait to meet with him.

If it was a stripped lower, don't worry about it (and NO it doesn't matter which little box your FFL checked). If it was previously a rifle that has been stripped down, then worry about it (if you care about breaking federal law that is).

ftr - Even 'small' infractions with the ATF on this subject will get you wrapped up in a class A felony post haste.
And then - if you keep your nose clean - it will take nearly 25 + years and over 3k in lawyers fees just to play the 'Expungement Roulette' game with no guarantees even then.

I've said enough.

ttttt.jpg

This was back in the early 2000 and he was the closest FFL within 60 miles. It's better now, a local sheriff deputy has an FFL. The reason for a possible wait on the lower without a CCW permit, was that at the time the didn't know whether it was going to be used on a rifle or pistol.

Bob

ftr - Even 'small' infractions with the ATF on this subject will get you wrapped up in a class A felony post haste.
And then - if you keep your nose clean - it will take nearly 25 + years and over 3k in lawyers fees just to play the 'Expungement Roulette' game with no guarantees even then.

I've said enough.

View attachment 694324

FTR - What did I post that would earn one a "class A felony post haste" and head one down "the 'Expungement Roulette' game"?

I would have had to wait three days before picking it up. But, since I had a CCW permit I was able to pick it up. I asked him about the three day wait and he said that's the way WA does it.

Same for my friend... The dealer said "until WA tells me different..." didn't even pull his ccw permit out...

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top