JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I try to buy from same gun shop but once and I while I'll pick up one elsewhere.
I never have an issue with the background check and at a certain big retail store I also never have a problem.
Two different times though, I purchased from Cabela's and both times, at the end of entering all the information they asked me if I knew certain people. All had my last name but I have no idea who they are. I asked them why are they asking and they said it came up on the background to ask. No other store has ever asked me if I knew certain people. I searched and searched the internet but could not find anything on this.
Is this normal or is Cabela's just fishing?

I was just buying a gun. The second time it happened I told them I wasn't going to answer them. They said they couldn't finish the background if I didn't answer the questions one at a time.

I was just buying a gun. The second time it happened I told them I wasn't going to answer them. They said they couldn't finish the background if I didn't answer the questions one at a time.
I'd tell them no problem, Sportsmans is just down the street and walk out. Now if the same thing happens at Sportsmans as well I'd want to know whats up. As in who wants to know. I haven't ever been asked questions like that and I'm sure most here haven't.

Relax everyone, the ATF is just trying to figure out who John Galt is. Asking random firearms purchasers is totally normal and is part of the regular procedure. I mean, who else is likely to know the guy, ANTIFA members?

I try to buy from same gun shop but once and I while I'll pick up one elsewhere.
I never have an issue with the background check and at a certain big retail store I also never have a problem.
Two different times though, I purchased from Cabela's and both times, at the end of entering all the information they asked me if I knew certain people. All had my last name but I have no idea who they are. I asked them why are they asking and they said it came up on the background to ask. No other store has ever asked me if I knew certain people. I searched and searched the internet but could not find anything on this.
Is this normal or is Cabela's just fishing?
It's some type of internal system they use. It always happened to me with firearm purchases from Cabela's and only Cabela's. Probably part of the reason they take so darn long to process them. After working a job doing bg checks for firearm purchases I realize how awful their process is.

I'd tell them no problem, Sportsmans is just down the street and walk out. Now if the same thing happens at Sportsmans as well I'd want to know whats up. As in who wants to know. I haven't ever been asked questions like that and I'm sure most here haven't.
No problem at Sportsman's. Just purchased one there a few weeks ago.

I'm Persian, so if they ax me if know the Shah, I'm gonna high tail it outa there.

It's amazing, our government supports war and killing innocent people, but on our soil, we the citizens get shafted. You better pass that BGC boi! Or else. But we the government will support terror with money and arms hahahahahahaha. A lot of citizens are loosing motivation I tell ya.

I'm Persian, so if they ax me if know the Shah, I'm gonna high tail it outa there.

It's amazing, our government supports war and killing innocent people, but on our soil, we the citizens get shafted. You better pass that BGC boi! Or else. But we the government will support terror with money and arms hahahahahahaha. A lot of citizens are loosing motivation I tell ya.
So you think it's not an act of war to to send shock troops into a civilian dance party to rape, murder and kidnap said civilians and it deserves no military response?

Without knowing......and not reading all of the other posts. But, do you happen to have one of those "common names"?

And then.......
Rrrrrright.......

1715373372907.png

Aloha, Mark

What does this have to do with guns or being a gun owner?

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews