JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Many years ago I lived out of town on some land in the woods. A friend of mine called and wanted to know if he could come out to shoot. His sister and her boyfriend were in town and he had never shot a gun before, thought it would be fun.

The boyfriend was a young African-American guy from Chicago. I brought out several guns, set up some targets, talked about safety a bit, then did some shooting. Everything was going fine, everyone having a good time, then all of a sudden it was time to go. My friend thanked me and they all left in a big hurry. I was confused at what happened.

I asked my friend later, and he laughed. He said his sister's boyfriend was having fun until all of a sudden he realized that he was out in the woods surrounded by a bunch of white guys with guns and he panicked. So that's my story of taking a non-gun city guy shooting. I don't know if it changed his perspective after he had time to reflect on it or not.

I grew up in Los Angeles mostly. I had uncles and cousins who were police and even knew some of the early African-Americans in the alphabet agencies through church.

But my mother was strictly against guns. Even while in the Air Force the M16/M4 was just a tool to be cleaned. I never really enjoyed it because training was so restricted.

It wasn't until I hurt my knee and was forced off motorcycles for a while and got with a new group of people that firearms became important to me. I was never against guns but it just wasn't that important and I believe this is were most of America is at. They just don't see the big deal. That's why it's on ys at every opportunity to show them.

Former NPR CEO: Liberal Media's 2nd Amendment Coverage Proves They Don't Understand Guns - Breitbart

The guy took the time to get educated and realized we - gun owners - are not what we are portrayed by the media.

This guy was CEO of NPR - somehow he found the ethical part of him no doubt supressed by indoctrination during his career and embedded himself with regular folk who own and use guns, realizing they are not the bloodthirsty cold hearted wannabe killers and calls out the media for their dishonest portrayal of gun owners and 2A coverage as a whole.

Just too bad he didn't take time to educate himself BEFORE he was responsible for the airing of innumerable erroneous gun-related programs and stories.:mad::mad::mad:

Lol these are funny stories especially the parts when you call them AFRICAN AMERICA if I called my BLACK FRIEND'S that they would probably shoot me HAHA lol

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top