JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Former NPR CEO: Liberal Media's 2nd Amendment Coverage Proves They Don't Understand Guns - Breitbart

The guy took the time to get educated and realized we - gun owners - are not what we are portrayed by the media.

This guy was CEO of NPR - somehow he found the ethical part of him no doubt supressed by indoctrination during his career and embedded himself with regular folk who own and use guns, realizing they are not the bloodthirsty cold hearted wannabe killers and calls out the media for their dishonest portrayal of gun owners and 2A coverage as a whole.

Last edited by a moderator:
This just settles in my mind that it is possible for people to be pursuaded to a different point of view, if:

1. They are truly open minded and willing to change and

2. Have access to good data and good people to share their differing POV with them.

It's a somewhat rare occurrence, but it can happen. That's why I'll always be open to having discussions with folks like this - in the hopes that they can be persuaded to a different point of view.

Good on him for putting aside his political bias - not many on either side are able to do that.

The other day I was listening and the host says "medicaid patients have unlimited coverage and can get what ever they want"

So, so, so ,so wrong. They could have said humans can breath underwater and be more correct than that statement.

Just like when they said "you can buy a gun at any gun show anywhere in the US, even from a gun dealer, without a background check" So easy to fact check. just 10 second search on google.

NPR is really good at finding an example of someone to tell their story but all it is is confirmation bias. They are really really good at conformation bias. (the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's preexisting beliefs or hypotheses)

Also, when you email their ombudsman who, per their website, "...serves as an independent voice on questions raised by listeners and readers of news broadcast and published by NPR."

she actually just acts as PR for NPR. She replies with a disagreement to their bias or left leaning reporting with arguments. Like if you asked them why they have had zero investigation into the Clinton bribery to sell Russian Uranium.

What is most disappointing is there are exactly zero sources of unbiased news now. I have to hope raw video shows up on youtube or something if I am interested in finding more about a story.

Last Edited:
The other day I was listening and the host says "medicaid patients have unlimited coverage and can get what ever they want"

So, so, so ,so wrong. They could have said humans can breath underwater and be more correct than that statement.

Just like when they said "you can buy a gun at any gun show anywhere in the US, even from a gun dealer, without a background check" So easy to fact check. just 10 second search on google.

NPR is really good at finding an example of someone to tell their story but all it is is confirmation bias. They are really really good at conformation bias. (the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's preexisting beliefs or hypotheses)

Also, when you email their ombudsman who, per their website, "...serves as an independent voice on questions raised by listeners and readers of news broadcast and published by NPR."

she actually just acts as PR for NPR. She replies with a disagreement to their bias or left leaning reporting with arguments. Like if you asked them why they have had zero investigation into the Clinton bribery to sell Russian Uranium.

What is most disappointing is there are exactly zero sources of unbiased news now. I have to hope raw video shows up on youtube or something if I am interested in finding more about a store.
It's kinda true you can get whatever you want if you are on Medicaid you just have to be a ILLEGAL ALIEN A TRANSGENDER OR WANT TO BE A TRANSGENDER AND YOU CAN'T BE A REPUBLICAN OR SOMEONE WHO HAS WORKED IN THE LAST 25 YEARS

It's kinda true you can get whatever you want if you are on Medicaid you just have to be a ILLEGAL ALIEN A TRANSGENDER OR WANT TO BE A TRANSGENDER AND YOU CAN'T BE A REPUBLICAN OR SOMEONE WHO HAS WORKED IN THE LAST 25 YEARS

yes, it is so messed up. In oregon, Medicaid approved acupuncture and sex reassignment surgeries but would not cover hernia surgeries, gall bladder surgeries, any hand surgery, a number of generic medications, etc, etc.

I had a patient get gall stones. Care Oregon refused to cover her surgery. Over the next 3 months had 3 ER visits with repeated tests, saw me twice and saw the surgeon twice. Finally the gall bladder got infected, she needed an emergency surgery and 7 days in the hospital for the life threatening infection.

So instead of paying for the appropriate laparoscopic surgery (using scopes, usually <1 day in the hospital), they paid for 7 doctor visits, three of them very expensive ER visits with repeated expensive tests like CT's and then a very expensive hospitalization.

I saw this happen over and over in Oregon. All tax payer's money wasted.

/sorry to hijack, back on topic.

My nephew is a paramedic/fireman in a large California city. I think he's 26. Anyway, good heart. big smiles all the time. It hate to see his future. He already speaks on the police handing over their calls of mental patients and others that the police are afraid of escalation to likely a beat down or worse. Or many situations where there is nothing they can do as far as medical aid. He's training in a hospital now. I already see him sort of retreating to his dogs. He loves them on a new level I never saw while he was growing up.

Now as far as anti-gunners opening their minds. Everyone non shooter I've ever taken shooting from black rifles to hand guns changes their old point of view to some level. Californians are harder to become all in due to years of mis information. However, the last woman, all 110-115lbs of her, took to my AR10 like a fish to water. It was so bad I started counting the rounds. $$$$. "No, it's Ok. Have fun". It was worth it for the cause.

Last Edited:
yes, it is so messed up. In oregon, Medicaid approved acupuncture and sex reassignment surgeries but would not cover hernia surgeries, gall bladder surgeries, any hand surgery, a number of generic medications, etc, etc.

I had a patient get gall stones. Care Oregon refused to cover her surgery. Over the next 3 months had 3 ER visits with repeated tests, saw me twice and saw the surgeon twice. Finally the gall bladder got infected, she needed an emergency surgery and 7 days in the hospital for the life threatening infection.

So instead of paying for the appropriate laparoscopic surgery (using scopes, usually <1 day in the hospital), they paid for 7 doctor visits, three of them very expensive ER visits with repeated expensive tests like CT's and then a very expensive hospitalization.

I know all about it my mom dealing with it all the time and my aunt works a hospital down in Oregon OK back on topic

My nephew is a paramedic/fireman in a large California city. I think he's 26. Anyway, good heart. big smiles all the time. It hate to see his future. He already speaks on the police handing over their calls of mental patients and others that the police are afraid of escalation to likely a beat down or worse. Or many situations where there is nothing they can do as far as medical aid. He's training in a hospital now. I already see him sort of retreating to his dogs. He loves them on a new level I never saw while he was growing up.

Now as far as anti-gunners opening their minds. Everyone non shooter I've ever taken shooting from black rifles to hand guns changes their old point of view to some level. Californians are harder to become all in due to years of mis information. However, the last woman, all 110-115lbs of her, took to my AR10 like a fish to water. It was so bad I started counting the rounds. $$$$. "No, it's Ok. Have fun". It was worth it for the cause.
"Counting the rounds" :D I always bring lots of extra ammo when I bring a new shooter to the range. We had a friend's coworker out a few weeks ago, not born here, never even seen a real firearm before. He must have shot about 200 rounds total that day out of 6 or 8 different guns. Had the time of his life.

"Counting the rounds" :D I always bring lots of extra ammo when I bring a new shooter to the range. We had a friend's coworker out a few weeks ago, not born here, never even seen a real firearm before. He must have shot about 200 rounds total that day out of 6 or 8 different guns. Had the time of his life.
When I go to the indoor range here they rent guns lol I always bring a few extra rounds for each of the guns I have with me lol HAHA even though I have only had one person use one my guns at the range ... but i have been able to give some advice to new shooter 's what little knowledge I have

Yes, but 308 gets a little spendy when it's getting flung in the general direction of the target. But she rocked several shots standing free hand. Being only about 5'2 barely 100 lbs with a 10-11lbs AR10, was worth the cost.

This is kinda basic I'm sure you all do it right lol but when I'm at the range I do sometimes just stand there and look around at what other people are shooting and if they are being safe right . HEHEH don't want to get shot in the A$$.well a few months ago I was there and there was a guy and his kid they had a pistol but they had rented a AR mmmmm so here we go first of all the range person gave them no instructor I don't know why but his first mistake limp wrist the charging handle instant jam .then don't know how to fix it so I step in .eject Mag pull charging handle round falls out I pick it up put it back in Mag they both are watching I show them pull handle let it slam back great hand gun to him he shoots the ten rounds or what ever they had in the Mag mmmm what to do now lol they new how to put ammo in the Mag but they were very confused at why the bolt was still open you se where I'm going with this any way they got to shoot the hounded rounds of 223 they bought safely thanks to me looking around and most importantly I didn't get shot in the A$$

My advice is if you see a new shooter watch you A$$ pay attention and help them if you can and don't forget not to scare them I have seen people get a gun jam and swing the gun around I just say STOP PUT THE GUN DOWN ON THE TABLE OR WHAT EVER. Then I explain to them how to fix the problem the best u can

Didn't click. You know the drill. I gather today a covey a the big guns were down there showcasing "the wall" (proper) selection.. and a buncha feks crawled/humped over the existing bobwire.. much to their amazement. oof

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top