JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As for Wally World data collecting.

Say it this way.....

If I were Wally World and could cross data, say your date of birth against transactions (and say that you used a CC). Let me make it easier....perhaps I'll scan your driver's lic or state ID so that you don't have to tell me anything? LOL. Well, think of all of the mail I would be getting to advertise this and that (for adults).;)

Oh yeah....mail is for old folks.

They should be asking for an e-mail address. Rrrrrght. I don't get enough trash e-mail already.

"Wanna meet up?" "You've won the European Lottery." "Hair replacement, look younger."

Well, I know that I look old. So, if/when a Wally World clerk asks for my age.....who's to say that I ain't laying? Just tell them some crap...course, if you're smart you'll be paying in cash and state a DOB close to yours. If you're afraid of THE MAN. They won't call you on it. I suspect that, the clerks don't give a $#@*. Wally World just don't want to run afoul of the LAW. Which by the way on a daily basis becomes more freedom sucking.....thanks to politicians and liberals who want CONTROL of most everything they think is harmful.

Aloha, Mark

Ya'll are paranoid about the government.
Thanks for the info about Dick's sporting goods! I was just buying my amo at fisherman's in Oregon city, 9.59 a box of magtech or Blazer brass, 115 and 124gr... but that sale is over. Might find a free shipping place on the internet, any recommendations? Maybe one that accepts visa prepaid gift cards for all those afraid of getting noticed? LoL

BOYCOTT WALMART!

Ya'll are paranoid about the government.
Thanks for the info about Dick's sporting goods! I was just buying my amo at fisherman's in Oregon city, 9.59 a box of magtech or Blazer brass, 115 and 124gr... but that sale is over. Might find a free shipping place on the internet, any recommendations? Maybe one that accepts visa prepaid gift cards for all those afraid of getting noticed? LoL

BOYCOTT WALMART!

Cabelas does this fairly often. Free ship to store and free to your door if you buy $100 or more. I just bought another case of S&B 9mm from them a couple weeks ago this way. The price was the same as the steel case stuff I normally buy. While back Wife (unknown to me) bought over 5K rounds of .22 from them this way. After she ordered it I told her we had enough for years but the order was in. I got some dirty looks from the UPS guy as he was humping the boxes up to my front door. :D

You guys aren't going to like showing ID at Target just to buy some Bic Lighters I'd wager:) Yeah, it's a (new) thing. No joke.

As far as the Walmart thing goes, if folks who don't like showing their id for no reason (me me me) stopped buying ammo there, they either get out of the game and let honest sellers make some money, or they'd stop asking for ID.

Yes, apparently that's a new policy that started today. To buy ammo, you need to show a photo ID and they DO keep a record of the date of birth of the person buying the ammo.
I tried understanding why, the guy said it is either a new law that went into effect or a new Walmart policy (which he said is called AA06 or AAO6, don't remember), that requires that. He didn't really know exactly, he seemed to be just following policy.
He also said Walmart is most likely going to get out of the business of selling ammo, because apparently the govt wants them to become FFLs (I'd thought they were all along but maybe not).
All Walmart's that sell guns have an FFL license. One of the reasons they are asking for ID's is due to California ammo purchase laws requiring background checks to purchase ammo every time.

All Walmart's that sell guns have an FFL license. One of the reasons they are asking for ID's is due to California ammo purchase laws requiring background checks to purchase ammo every time.

What do they do if I go into an Oregon Walmart and show a Cali drivers license? :s0131: :s0081:

Picked up a box of ammo at Fred Meyer's today and the self service scanner asked for ID. The lady manning them didn't even come over and check mine, I guess she could easily tell from a distance I met the age requirements (and then some!) I paid cash so no record of purchase in my name.

A Walmart employee told me that since 22's fit pistols they quiz to make sure the ammo will not be used by a minor in a pistol. They used to ask what gun-rifle or pistol- and switched to date of birth. There is probably several laws on ammo and minors.

As far as alcohol sales, some companies have it in the software so that the sale cannot proceed unless a DOB is entered to verify the purchaser is over 21. Some cashiers just enter their own DOB so as not to pizz off the customer.

The Walmart policy may be similar.

If someone can't tell I am over 21 there is either something wrong with them or it means the world has lost all common sense. I am a bald, grey haired senior citizen who uses a walker, a neck brace and a wrist brace. I am really beginning to worry about the world my children and grandchildren will live in after I am gone.

If someone can't tell I am over 21 there is either something wrong with them or it means the world has lost all common sense. I am a bald, grey haired senior citizen who uses a walker, a neck brace and a wrist brace. I am really beginning to worry about the world my children and grandchildren will live in after I am gone.
I guess that's why the lady at Fred Meyers didn't ask for my ID- I too am obviously a senior citizen. But yes, the world is so worried
about being sued or breaking a law that they go beyond anything that is common sense.

Last Edited:
Yesterday I am out shopping for some ODG paint for my NON PISTOL grip featureless rifle. The "club" I got said ODG but it is shades away from Magpul which is the furniture I am using. So I go to Wally World to look for a match with a piece of MagPul ODG furniture with me. No luck with ODG but I do find a chrome silver for a spot where my buddy and I did a weld on a piece of chrome for my bike. It'll be mostly out of view so cool. Pay for my rattle can of Rustoleum and leave.

Then I go in to Tractor Supply and find an ODG that's closer but still not dark enough. I figure I can darken it by priming the club with black before ODG on top.

Nice checker at Tractor Supply rings up my stuff and I insert my debit and she needs a DOB. I go DOB? for what. The paint!!!.....ahhhh, I think because we all know gents nearly on SS huff paint these days. So I give her my DOB. So even paint, at least in California, you have to give your DOB.:mad:

Not a really the best match for my needs for the Magpul after applying it over the black....but it is a nice quality paint so might get used on other projects.

Brutus Out

Yeah, I think there is one in the Dallas, might be hood river tho. Probably one in tricities too. There is usually one in every small town with more than 1000 people, or some odd rough number there about.

I don't get my ammo from them anyway but, I think things are getting a little out of hand on this personal data crap! All you should need is my age and if you can't tell that by looking at me, you need glasses! Haha! :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top