JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yes, apparently that's a new policy that started today. To buy ammo, you need to show a photo ID and they DO keep a record of the date of birth of the person buying the ammo.
I tried understanding why, the guy said it is either a new law that went into effect or a new Walmart policy (which he said is called AA06 or AAO6, don't remember), that requires that. He didn't really know exactly, he seemed to be just following policy.
He also said Walmart is most likely going to get out of the business of selling ammo, because apparently the govt wants them to become FFLs (I'd thought they were all along but maybe not).

Since my local Cornelius Walmart does sell guns, I know it has a FFL, but individual stores might vary. As far as seeing my ID and recording my DOB, I don't mind, just don't add identifying info. They are likely are 1) just making sure the clerk checked your ID, or 2) gathering some demographic info, or 3) both.

Since my local Cornelius Walmart does sell guns, I know it has a FFL, but individual stores might vary. As far as seeing my ID and recording my DOB, I don't mind, just don't add identifying info. They are likely are 1) just making sure the clerk checked your ID, or 2) gathering some demographic info, or 3) both.
I tried telling the guy that I don't mind him checking it as long as he doesn't keep it, he said they had to enter them into the system starting today. My problem is when they start running some nice big data analytics on the info they are gathering and "sharing" this data with "interested parties". I will probably start limiting my purchases there and finding stores that don't ask for any information, or go the online route.

Last I heard it was about limiting the amount of .22 ammo one could purchase from them in a day... since there were complaints and such about the limited supply and hoarding... I'd shop someplace else regardless. Their prices aren't good anyway, at least not from what I saw.

Last I heard it was about limiting the amount of .22 ammo one could purchase from them in a day... since there were complaints and such about the limited supply and hoarding... I'd shop someplace else regardless. Their prices aren't good anyway, at least not from what I saw.
I know, they should go to Bi-Mart, which hasn't had .22lr since 1942 thanks to the scalping neckbeards. lol

Yes, apparently that's a new policy that started today. To buy ammo, you need to show a photo ID and they DO keep a record of the date of birth of the person buying the ammo.
I tried understanding why, the guy said it is either a new law that went into effect or a new Walmart policy (which he said is called AA06 or AAO6, don't remember), that requires that. He didn't really know exactly, he seemed to be just following policy.
He also said Walmart is most likely going to get out of the business of selling ammo, because apparently the govt wants them to become FFLs (I'd thought they were all along but maybe not).

Well the biggest problem here is you asked a Wally employee. The vast majority of them have no clue about anything. Just by the way the robot you talked to answered the questions you can see he has no clue.

All stores are getting into asking nosy questions and feeding their databases. I always say "No" and they always still sell me what I am buying. If walmart insists, shop somewhere else.

Yep, we need to stand up against the Walmart personal information gathering! Just think of the huge data base of people that buy ammo from Walmart? o_O

When carded for booze, I don't think they write anything down.. why would they for ammo?
Being a younger guy (29) I still get carded all the time for alcohol and most large chain grocery stores DO type your birthday into the computer.

I'm sure it's their legal department and if they did accidentally sell to a minor they can go back through the security tape and they have a record of the actual birthday on the drivers license that was used to make the purchase.

Being a younger guy (29) I still get carded all the time for alcohol and most large chain grocery stores DO type your birthday into the computer.

I'm sure it's their legal department and if they did accidentally sell to a minor they can go back through the security tape and they have a record of the actual birthday on the drivers license that was used to make the purchase.
I wonder if they'll card an old bugger for ammo like they don't for booze..

Their ammo prices aint always that great anyways. I, too, dont mind if its just DOB theyre recording. Other online places have been selling ammo for cheaper anyways and it comes to my door step.:cool:

I'd like to see Wal-Crud pull that off here in AZ! :eek:

At least a Bimart has good prices, they may be out of .22 nine times out of ten, but that's an issue with supply and demand. I'd place blame on manufacturers for creating a surplus of .556 and 9mm rather than .22... sure it's good to have those calibers readily available, but .22 should be more common. It's getting better, but probably because demand has gone down as people are less fearful of having their guns taken away. I assume at least...
As long as it's just birthdate, who cares, it's just demographic. If they put in DL numbers and treat it like paying with a pay check, then worry about it.
I was not ID'd by any of the small businesses I bought amo from, so I doubt it's a law.

Last Edited:
Well I can assure you, that unless they obtained their information of me illegally, the government knows more about me than Walmart. I like it to stay that way.

Yep, we need to stand up against the Walmart personal information gathering! Just think of the huge data base of people that buy ammo from Walmart? o_O

But everybody is fine with an Ace Hardware, Lowe's, Costco, Fred Meyer, Safeway, Trader Joes, Amazon Prime, etc. "we promise to save you money and NEVER give anyone else your data" cards.

If a person isn't on at least one government watch list...They need to up their game.

I remember drooling over a DPMS AR-15 at Wenatchee Wally World pre Sandy Hook, only like $549.00 or something. I knew the co-manager of the store but it was more than I had for a "luxury item" at that time. A few years later Walmarts all over Western WA and probably eastern as well quit selling the EBRs.

Brutus Out

Well the biggest problem here is you asked a Wally employee. The vast majority of them have no clue about anything. Just by the way the robot you talked to answered the questions you can see he has no clue.
That's the business model for Walmart: get 'em young and dumb, elderly or unemployed, so they can feed them chicken scratch and change their schedules a lot. By shopping there, you support that. You can find similar or lower pricing at other stores.

When carded for booze, I don't think they write anything down.. why would they for ammo?
Keeping track of customer purchase demographics.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top