JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I found this on facebook on a page called Zero Foxtrot posted 2 days ago. If it is real, somebody is in a lot of trouble.

A guy in Seattle kept his Vietnam era collection which comprised of 37 MGs, 2 Grenade Launchers, hand grenades and C4 in a storage locker. When he forgot to pay his monthly fees, the storage unit went to another person who bought the items at a auction...who then alerted the Feds.
80643419_2498237520391682_5709982179048554496_o.jpg

All I can hope is that some of those end up in a museum collection rather than destroyed. But that's a pipe dream. Seattle is a nightmare and the museum transfer laws in this country aren't conducive to preserving "unregistered" items.

These are from an era we'd do well to remember, for many reasons.

Do-gooder was an idiot.
Oh, I don't know about that.
Since it's Seattle your probably right, at least on some level. But how many people would have the first clue what to do with this stuff? Is it stolen? Is it NFA items? Obviously the C4 and grenades are a problem. Is simple posession a felony?
If the new owner came here looking for advice what would we tell him/her? Probably to call the ATF and GTF rid of it. A few would say stash or sell, but most of us spend our lives avoiding getting crossways w the law, I know I do....
... usually works too. Sometimes not so much.

When I was in the Marine Corps we had to keep privately owned firearms in the armory. Uh, no thanks. About 5 of us rented a storage unit to keep them in (which doubled as a sort of "clubhouse" to drink, clean guns, and lie) so they were accessible during off-hours to go shoot at stuff. Supposed to be hush-hush but somebody yapped (still don't know who) and it got broken into and everything stolen. Storage lockers suck for valuables storage.

Last Edited:
I'd like to think that I would be magnanimous enough to donate or "loan" my collection (if it looked like that) to museums... there's gotta be some WWII-era hardware in there, Stens, Brens, probably some Frog-trash left in the jungle during their campaign.
I'd like to look it over myself... probably get my chance next time I buy a box of paper clips :s0154:

If the story is true, I think the owner is a rich guy who may have acquired them as collectibles, however, the route; and, then failed to pay fees maybe due to health as others stated.

As for the new owner, shame on them! I would have kept the gun stuff and safely disposed of the C4 and grenade stuff via ATF, no thanks on that explosives. Then, take a long drive to Arizona, the gun friendliest state and let 'er rip, or is it Alaska? :s0019: :s0006:

:s0092:

Well, I am sure I am not alone here but if this happened to me, id quietly remove said items from this locker and never say a word about it to anyone and enjoy the bubblegum out of them.

Sawed-off M79, MP-40 .... gasping for breath at the thought they will be melted down. :eek:
I agree 100%.
I'd like to think that whatever unelected and unaccountable beuracrat that's in charge of whatever agency takes custody of this stuff has the good sense to dispose of the collection in a manner fitting of it's importance, ie: gifting it to a museum or selling to a collector with the owner's estate (if the collection meets legal scrutiny) or a charity recieving the proceeds.

Instead it (probably) will be hailed as some kind of "getting weapons of war" off our streets baloney (the exact opposite of what really happened) seizure and they'll be destroyed with the same carelessness as an old Plymouth Neon getting crushed to be sold as scrap to the Chi-Coms to make their own weapons of war. A PR stunt by another grandstanding ladder-climber with delusions of grandeur.

BTW, C4 makes an excellent "heat-tab" for camp cooking or fire starting. Just be reeeeeeal careful of how you put it out. Stomping on flaming C4 is bad.

Last Edited:
Didn't this happen some years ago? I remember reading about this, or a very similar story, maybe a decade ago.

Yeah, If it happened to me, I'd do the same thing. I've got a family to raise; I'm not taking any chances on a couple dozen felonies, for a bunch of guns I couldn't do anything with anyhow. If I ever came across something like that, I'd call a friend or two in law enforcement and have them help me figure out who to call to come deal with it. Unregistered MGs and destructive devices? It would be fun to play with, legally, but I sure as heck wouldn't take any chances on getting caught up in a felony.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top