JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd like to think that I would be magnanimous enough to donate or "loan" my collection (if it looked like that) to museums... there's gotta be some WWII-era hardware in there, Stens, Brens, probably some Frog-trash left in the jungle during their campaign.
I'd like to look it over myself... probably get my chance next time I buy a box of paper clips :s0154:

There was an article thread about doing that. Can't remember about the laws, whether it was here in the USA or the UK, but basically it was no go? Here it is:

My Dad had a supervisor at Boeing. Had his great Grandfathers H&R Topper short shotgun made in the early 1900's. He called ATF as a friend thing and asked what to do . They wanted him to sign s certificate of abandonment and no compensation. And I know another Boeing Employee that told me himself that he has his grandfather's WWII bring back of 2 Tommy guns.

My Dad had a supervisor at Boeing. Had his great Grandfathers H&R Topper short shotgun made in the early 1900's. He called ATF as a friend thing and asked what to do . They wanted him to sign s certificate of abandonment and no compensation. And I know another Boeing Employee that told me himself that he has his grandfather's WWII bring back of 2 Tommy guns.

I think there was an exemption for some of the early short shotguns, like the Marble Game Getter. I read something about it. I could be wrong.

For the Thompson? Nope. Verboten.

No way I would plan to go about acquiring something like what this guy found, but if it unintentionally plopped in my lap in that fashion, I would be awfully tempted to just VERY quietly put them somewhere secure - as in saying nothing to anybody.

I agree with the observation that the previous owner must have had something happen to them to have the unit abandoned. Also, that a storage unit is not where you want to keep something like this, even if you provided false ID. I have a good friend that managed one of the locations for a major franchise, and they had theft problems all the time. Not secure storage at all. There are more expensive outfits - such as one that is basically a huge bank vault in Bellevue, WA - but they cost $$$.

There was an article thread about doing that. Can't remember about the laws, whether it was here in the USA or the UK, but basically it was no go? Here it is:

That's an interesting article... very informative, thank you.

This part:
"Under Federal law, a museum in the US may only take possession of a prohibited item if it is registered."
is gayer than 5 dudes schtupping 3 dudes. Why does the federal government insist on hamstringing the public like this? This all happened under LBJ's watch and as much as I've tried to empathize with the man (watched the LBJ movie, read Killing Kennedy by Bill O'Reilly... he seemed to be beleaguered ) I just can't... his anti-citizen actions and blatant oppurtunistic racism keep bringing me back to contempt. Texan my azz... he was an a-hole who felt his role as POTUS was to be puppeteer and his only loyalty was to his own legacy and The Party. I can't respect that... especially when it RUINED America on so many fronts.

I just thought of another....when I was a kid. My Dad had a friend that did a couple of tours in Namn. He took apart and mailed home an M14 piece by piece. I was there when he told my Dad.

That's an interesting article... very informative, thank you.

This part:
"Under Federal law, a museum in the US may only take possession of a prohibited item if it is registered."
is gayer than 5 dudes schtupping 3 dudes. Why does the federal government insist on hamstringing the public like this? This all happened under LBJ's watch and as much as I've tried to empathize with the man (watched the LBJ movie, read Killing Kennedy by Bill O'Reilly... he seemed to be beleaguered ) I just can't... his anti-citizen actions and blatant oppurtunistic racism keep bringing me back to contempt. Texan my azz... he was an a-hole who felt his role as POTUS was to be puppeteer and his only loyalty was to his own legacy and The Party. I can't respect that... especially when it RUINED America on so many fronts.

Not going to get into politics in this forum except to say politicians don't give a flying frig about citizens or our rights; only about increasing their powerbase and the power of the government. Once you realize that this is their primary objective, and that whenever they open their mouths, they are lying, regardless of who they are or what they say, then what they do vs. what they say all starts to make sense.

Not going to get into politics in this forum except to say politicians don't give a flying frig about citizens or our rights; only about increasing their powerbase and the power of the government. Once you realize that this is their primary objective, and that whenever they open their mouths, they are lying, regardless of who they are or what they say, then what they do vs. what they say all starts to make sense.
No L vs R political debate necessary... politicians have always been a contemptible bunch. I think it's why so few are remembered beyond generational memory cycles.
Who was Taft's VP?
What did Zachary Taylor do?
Did I spell Zachary Taylor right?

See what I mean? Only 45 POTUSses ever and we don't remember most of em, only 5 or 6 beyond our lifetimes... Washington, Lincoln, Roosevelt(s), maybe Jackson or Hamilton... Truman, Eisenhower...

Legacy-building is as much a part of the current political dynamic as REAL work. Can you name a single senator from your state? Maybe, if they're making a splash and you're involved. How 'bout a Rep from 20 yrs ago? No? Me neither.

Bill Clinton and Barry Obama are hard at work attempting to rewrite history and burnish their legacies, make themselves stand out vs being tossed onto the past POTUS ash heap like William Henry Harrison and Gerald Ford (who was actually a good guy and strong leader according to all reports. Also a very smart man and not the bumbling stumbling idiot portrayed by the MSM) they will be remembered as... 0s. Ineffectual and apologetic for the USA. Not "woke" enough for the new left and typical tax-and-spend Ds for the rest of us... big 0s. GW Bush remains tight-lipped on his ranch in TX but managed to be jaggoff enough to throw some shade at Trump. Meanwhile we send money and men to the sandbox for a war that he decided was necessary. It is, unfortunately necessary... but IMO, kicked-off by faulty info provided by compromised intelligence agencies.

Upcoming Events

Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top