JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I carry a flashlight with high lumen output and strobe feature. Its small, and clips onto my pocket. Pepper spray also. And an XD9. Two nonleathal options in additional to the pistol. I also practice a LOT. Hopefully never have to shoot, but if necessary...

It's silly in a civilized society to consider lethal force or nothing...it's the refuge of those with no training...they would consider every violent encounter a lethal encounter...so the drunk cousin gets shot, the buddy, the wife...I took martial arts for years...guns for me are for multiple attackers and guys with weapons...short of that I just mess him up...no one dies, he goes to the hospital, I used 'restraint'..

Certainly when I get old, don't have those options, then it becomes clear I had no 'choice'...and the guns come out.

I actually got a call from an ex-girlfriend's psychiatrist telling me that she was out to kill me and to go pick up her .38. He thought the peril was enough to break patient confidentiality rules. I got the .38 ASAP, then got my CPL and have carried since then! That was over 25 years ago.

Another benefit to open carry is I don't have to go through the daily holster set up, I just clip it on my belt when I change jeans! I'm only unarmed when in the shower. Thankfully my wife has lightened up to it now that I show her all the daily stories I see daily of people dying/being hurt. Even though I live in a nice area criminals still wander! I love southern Oregon and my freedom with firearms. I've received nothing but positive feedback while carrying openly

There was a period of about a year after divorcing my first wife that I did not answer the door without a pistol or my AR in-hand (of course the gun was hidden behind the door and I would only poke my head/shoulders around enough to see who it was before opening. Door didn't have a peep hole.)

She left me for some really sketchy guy, and after the papers were final, I'd get random visits at all hours of the day and night from strange men claiming they'd sent her, or she herself would just pop up unwanted and unannounced wanting to "talk". It wasn't enough to get a stalking order taken out on her - but still damn creepy. She actually stalked me for about 2 years after we split, and she began showing up at my girlfriend (now wife)'s work place. The real scary thing was that about 3 years after divorcing her, I was unloading a car at the local toyota dealer, and she literally popped up from behind another car shouting "we need to talk!"

I ran the bed forward on my truck as fast as I could and just got the heck out of there, having to drop the keys off later. I'd changed employers twice, and moved from Beaverton to Hillsboro in the intervening years since the divorce, and she still found me. Do I leave home without a weapon of some sort? Not if I can help it.

I carry every hour im awake and have since i got my ccw permit. A Ruger sp101, then a xd40sc, then a ruger p95, now a cz75b. Soon a glock or maybe a px4.

Ive never had to pull my gun out to use it to defend myself, but there have been more than a few times i was glad i had it with me just in case. I use to live in Bremerton wa, and after several minor problems like my jeep being broken into and vandalized, my car getting stolen, and crazy people fighting and screaming up and down my street late at night, i decided to move after a teenage girl was stabbed to death about 100 yards from my house. If she had a ccw things might have ended differently.

Aside from the time I worked as an armed security guard - I've only had to draw my weapon on someone one time. About five years ago or so, I was working overnights for a different tow company. We did police and private property impounds, along with retail towing and being a AAA contractor. I was always armed at night - since I usually wound up doing the vehicle releases at night.

It was about 10PM or so when I was dispatched to a service call up above St. Vincent hospital off Barnes Rd. Heading up the hill past the hospital the road goes from two lanes down to one. As I reached the point where the lanes merged, a guy in a jacked up red Ford F250 came up on my tail, then tried passing me on the right. When he realized that wasn't possible he slammed on his brakes and allowed me to clear him - then he gunned it and passed me in the oncoming lane in a no-passing zone. This wasn't too unusual - until the guy made a sharp 90 degree turn in front of me and stopped. He jumped out of his truck and started running toward my door screaming something I couldn't make out. He shoved his hand in his front pants pocket as he got up by the door.

Back then I was carrying a Sig 226 - which I drew as he was running up to the truck. He stopped about 2 feet from the door and I leveled the muzzle at the guy's head through the door - he couldn't see the gun. He stood there screaming and ranting for what seemed like two minutes (it was probably about thirty seconds really) - then he got this odd look on his face and stopped. I think he realized that whatever it was he was screaming wasn't getting the desired reaction. I don't know if he realized I was armed, or what - but he ran back to his truck and took off too quickly for me to even get a plate number.

I had to pull off onto a side street for a minute to calm down. That was the closest I've ever come to having to shoot someone. I can say it's not a good feeling, not a good feeling at all.

Hello,

I work for a television production company and we're currently developing an idea for a new show with a basic concept of documenting a group of people who want to start a new, self-reliant community away from the modern world.

We're casting our net far and wide and I've searching through message boards and forums for anyone that might be an interesting character. Does an idea like this appeal to you? Or do you know anyone who would be good for a project like this?

Please feel free to write me back or call me with any questions.
Adam

Great! Another idiotic reality show concept...maybe you should just bundle up the Housewives, Jersey shore morons, those idiots mining gold in Alaska and the clowns constructing flame throwers. Sure sounds real to me!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top