JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just another story to reinforce the need to always be armed.

Today I talked with a business acquaintenance about a recent encounter he had. He carries concealed when away from home...
Recently he heard someone screaming angrily outside of his house so walked outside and into the street looking. Saw nothing. Then when he stared back to the house, a guy came at him with a knife screaming and threatening to bring his homies back to kill everyone in his house. Was withing seven feet I was told.

My friend's gun was in the bedroom! With his wife coming outside while calling 911 and other witnesses appearing, the bad guy left. Cops caught the guy 3 miles away. When they went to identify him the cops said he was a 'frequent flyer.'

After only a tiny bit of looking for recent knife attacks in my area, I found these this morning. Helps me realize just how foolish it would be to not shoot when threatened with a knife.

Sunnyside police look for stabbing suspect
Published Saturday, Nov. 26, 2011
SUNNYSIDE -- A 30-year-old man is being sought by Sunnyside police after allegedly stabbing his ex-girlfriend and her boyfriend several times early Friday.

Arrest made in Kennewick stabbing
Published Friday, Nov. 25, 2011
KENNEWICK -- A 30-year-old Kennewick man spent Thanksgiving in jail after allegedly stabbing another man in the chest Wednesday night.

Stabbing victim shows up at Connell Sun Mart
Published Friday, Nov. 25, 2011
CONNELL -- A man was stabbed in the head in Connell and authorities are looking for a suspect.

I never even open the door unless I have verified that it is a friend and even then I am always armed in case a baddie tries to force past them. I never open the door or step outside without being armed.. have needed to be armed several times in my life when it prevented my murder and the rape and possible murder of ladies in my care

The naive really crack me up when they ask : "Why do you need a gun?" wow, they have a nasty lesson to learn someday

My sister asked me the other day "Why are you wearing a gun?" I asked her if she had noticed that every single day the past week there had been a murder of a stranger on the front page of the paper. She agreed there had been.

So I asked her "Why aren't you carrying one" LOL.

I'm going to have to remember this one....

My sister asked me the other day "Why are you wearing a gun?" I asked her if she had noticed that every single day the past week there had been a murder of a stranger on the front page of the paper. She agreed there had been.

Or "because a cop is too heavy to carry"

I 100% agree with the concept that prepardness is not the same as paranoia. I was out gathering an arm load of firewood and had a guy walk right up my driveway trying to get into my neighbors rig and mine. I live in the quintecential middle class neighborhood. Bad guys can show up anywhere and anytime.

We had an incident a couple of weekends ago. It happened at just after 10pm on either Friday or Saturday. There was a knock on my front door and it was a cop. He asked me if there was anyone visiting me that was outside. I said no. Apparently there was a guy outside who was behaving rather "strangely" and my neighbor called 911. He was banging on my van that was parked on the street when she came out and had been making quite a bit of a commotion before she came out. Then he ran along the side of her house and crashed though her picket fence into her back yard. I live in Seattle and there is about 6 feet between her house and my 6ft wood fence.
When the cops arrived his was on the ground in her back yard. While I was outside they had him take a breathalyzer and he blew a 0.26 - which I believe amount to drunk out of his mind.
This did make me think. What would have happened if I did come out armed before the cops got there are had to shoot him. Someone who is that drunk is not going to be even remotely coherent enough to process what is going on, but is not necessary malicious. All I have to say is that I am glad that when my neighbor tried calling me, she misdialed the number and I did not have to make a choice.

We had an incident a couple of weekends ago. It happened at just after 10pm on either Friday or Saturday. There was a knock on my front door and it was a cop. He asked me if there was anyone visiting me that was outside. I said no. Apparently there was a guy outside who was behaving rather "strangely" and my neighbor called 911. He was banging on my van that was parked on the street when she came out and had been making quite a bit of a commotion before she came out. Then he ran along the side of her house and crashed though her picket fence into her back yard. I live in Seattle and there is about 6 feet between her house and my 6ft wood fence.
When the cops arrived his was on the ground in her back yard. While I was outside they had him take a breathalyzer and he blew a 0.26 - which I believe amount to drunk out of his mind.
This did make me think. What would have happened if I did come out armed before the cops got there are had to shoot him. Someone who is that drunk is not going to be even remotely coherent enough to process what is going on, but is not necessary malicious. All I have to say is that I am glad that when my neighbor tried calling me, she misdialed the number and I did not have to make a choice.

Tough situation. Guess it would come down to you being sure you were threatened to the point of needing to defend yourself with deadly force.

I am always armed, home or away. If it is not on me at home then it is within arms reach. I came home the day before yesterday and someone had obviously tried to kick in my door. The door trim on the inside was the only thing keeping the door closed. (Why can't they try this when I'm home). It is a good thing that I have a 3 yr old Dobe that has a mean bark. I assume after one kick she went ape-bubblegum and they decided to take off. They never made it inside (good thing for them) but it makes you aware that anything can happen anywhere.

In the morning I wake up, take a shower, put my pants on, and then my gun on 100% of the time. If you want to jump me hide in the bathroom and wait, its your only chance. :s0155:

I have the same routine.

On in the morning, off when i get to work, back on when i leave work, off (on the nightstand) when i go to bed. Except weekends and holidays, on when i get up, off when i go to bed.

Lefty.

I work at a high school. As you all know there is a no gun policy for schools. That didn't stop a kid about 5-6 years ago from bringing his dad's 10mm and shooting another kid who had been bullying him. I remember coming into work a couple hours after the incident wishing I could carry at school.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top