JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
BUT, But, but.......
To tell you the truth. I'm getting sort of desensitized by the violent acts of the inner city utes and lawbreakers. Because (in the name of Social Justice) the Politicians and DAs appear to be so intent to see this stuff continue. Not to mention, that certain segment of the population who keep voting for them.

Rrrrrrright......
Yet more things that need to be "disconnected".

It used to be that the youngest generation was to be blamed. Not any more in this area. Now you don't just look at the kid. You notice the parents, and even their parents to some extent. It used to be called in breeding, but that term doesn't cover the entire phenomenon any longer.

TTP ? ("Toxic Tofu Poisoning")

AMPD ? (Acquired Migratory Pre-Frontal Deficit)

Last Edited:
A friend was finally ably to take delivery on a brand new Toyota RAV4 for his wife.

He won't drive it... wants nothing to do with it. So many gizmos that only his engineer wife can figure out how to work it. Calls it a space vehicle, and his wife is now "Captain ________".

OK, I was watching a vid from Active Self Protection YouTube channel. It shows 3 dudes hop out of a car and open fire on a modern 4-door truck, you know, with all the electronics & safety features.

Truck driver attempts to escape by driving over a curb, smart. Yet the truck STOPPED DEAD due to the anti-collision features.

In a hurry, look at 00:47—00:56 seconds, shows attack & truck stopping. Few in comments say "driver caused," yet many more others recount their issues with these "safety features" nearly killing them.

Couple of quotes I liked:

Morning Star
Exactly why I've turned off collision protection and steering assist.
I've had the steering assist almost kill me driving through new york in the rain,
and I've had the collision prevention almost get me rear ended.

jayjay nella
If you have to rely on safety systems to compensate for your lack of driving skills, you need to rethink having your car licence.

Hope this is the best section to post this in.
Yea, but the "authorities" love the ability to stop your car when they are hunting you down do they not?

OK, I was watching a vid from Active Self Protection YouTube channel. It shows 3 dudes hop out of a car and open fire on a modern 4-door truck, you know, with all the electronics & safety features.

Truck driver attempts to escape by driving over a curb, smart. Yet the truck STOPPED DEAD due to the anti-collision features.

In a hurry, look at 00:47—00:56 seconds, shows attack & truck stopping. Few in comments say "driver caused," yet many more others recount their issues with these "safety features" nearly killing them.

Couple of quotes I liked:

Morning Star
Exactly why I've turned off collision protection and steering assist.
I've had the steering assist almost kill me driving through new york in the rain,
and I've had the collision prevention almost get me rear ended.

jayjay nella
If you have to rely on safety systems to compensate for your lack of driving skills, you need to rethink having your car licence.

Hope this is the best section to post this in.
I told my wife this exact thing when this technology started coming out.

"there are times when you need to hit something/run over someone to escape danger."

I think many of these vehicles have an option to manually turn those features off.

As far as the driver aids go I think they cause more issues than they fix. If it's not a 100% autonomous bullet and crash proof pod that takes you to your destination with zero intervention on your part you should be 100% in control of your vehicle at all times. The in between we have going on now is making drivers more inattentive to what's going on around them. Just one auto techs opinion anyway. The bottom of this meme pretty much sums up all vehicles starting around 2012 or so, depending on manufacturer.

FB_IMG_1610220120548.jpg

It turned out a oxygen sensor was the reason the computer was shutting off the engine, without regard to my personal safety or situation.
The only purpose for the oxygen sensors is to maximize fuel economy by adjusting fuel delivery and exhaust based on the concentration of oxygen available. This should NEVER cause the vehicle to shut down! Who cares if you get .028 mile/gal. less???

If my car did that, I'd find a way to short circuit the damned things and get on with my business!

Last Edited:
Yea, but the "authorities" love the ability to stop your car when they are hunting you down do they not?
I have told people, "don't want a car they can TURN OFF from a satellite or cell tower" – which they 100% can do. First case I read about was a stolen Audi (5 years back?). Owners I guess called Audi and AUDI turned off the car. Unknown circumstances – merging onto highway? At stop-n-rob gas pumps? IIRC it was rolling down the road.

Like those who can't drive a stick shift, I probably can't drive a car with a "TV screen" in the dash and touch controls – ever heard of GLARE?? Looked into a Tesla window one night and it freaked me rite out!

No cell phone? Best emergency safety device, ever.
For me, that is a highly debatable assertion, but having had that exchange with others, it would be unlikely we would ever see eye to eye.
Thankfully, unlike insurances, and taxes, I have yet been compelled by law to give up my autonomy on such things though the way thing are going, feel compelled to knock on wood!

The only purpose for the oxygen sensors is to maximize fuel economy by adjusting fuel delivery and exhaust based on the concentration of oxygen available. This should NEVER cause the vehicle to shut down! Who cares if you get .028 mile/gal. less???

If my car did that, I'd find a way to short circuit the damned things and get on with my business!
You can thank the EPA and the California Air Resources Board, because they demand that internal combustion engines shut down when they exceed legal emission standards. Wouldn't want the knuckle-draggers to pollute our precious air, would you?

YUP.......a case of choosing your vehicle wisely.

So then......

Tesla.....no need to go into THAT ONE any further.

GM's....."On Star".

And, now a days......the Rent a Car Companies also KNOW, when you've traveled out of state (in violation of the contract).

Even back in the 80s......the police would have liked nothing better......than the ability to shut your vehicle down. That is.....should the driver of the vehicle refuse to STOP.

Etc.....etc...... ALL in the name of SAFETY.

I think of the TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) as only one of the first baby steps in "Govt Control" against the home mechanic. Wanna play with the A/F mixture a bit? It's NOT gonna happen with today's computer managed vehicles. Well, not without expensive computers and maybe even, "permission from Big Brother".

Progress is wonderful. Rrrrrrright......

Aloha, Mark

PS.......not to mention......carrying your cell phone and using your CC (should you ever find yourself "on the run" from the authorities).

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top