JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I'm betting even money that his next move will be to sue the weapon manufacturer...

And if this does go down as a, 'self-firing weapon' - a precedent will be set.
God I hope not. That'll also show a severe corruption of justice.

Either the gun is in disrepair (which should be decently obvious after stripping it down) and perhaps the hammer did slip…

Or AB pulled the trigger. Simple as that.

I know I've lightened my Vaq trigger down to mere ounces - and maybe this SAA is similar…but being seriously light doesn't mean you didn't pull it. If this were the case, it just shows how seriously inept AB is, even after decades of producing movies using guns.

Ruger had to change the design of all their single action after a suit against them. The transfer bar safety design was added to them after a man had an accident with a Blackhawk.

- how much do you think the DA got bought off for?

- seems like a lie by omission on AB's part now. Of course he didn't pull the trigger while aiming the gun at HH (he had pulled it during the draw phase and was already holding it down)

I think he's being very politically careful with his words at this point.
I'd bet some good money he was cocking the gun "for effect" or as part of the scene since it's a SA revolver, and his thumb slipped off the hammer slipped and fired (or already had his finger on the trigger.) Is that possible with a SA revolver? Maybe modified for fanning or other such movie nonsense.

Maybe he didn't even think to check if it was loaded because he wasn't intending on firing it, and because he is just an actor he didn't consider the danger in what he was doing.

Santa Fe DA buying Baldwin's BS that, the gun fired itself.
We don't need no stinking physics! Obviously, the gun fired itself! Don't you understand, you moron, guns kill people all by themselves! It's never the person's fault, it is the gun's fault!

... said no Republican ever.

We don't need no stinking physics! Obviously, the gun fired itself! Don't you understand, you moron, guns kill people all by themselves! It's never the person's fault, it is the gun's fault!

... said no Republican ever.
It's just another case of so called "gun violence". What I don't understand is how so many have taught their guns to be violent…

If the D.A. has evidence that the pistol used during the incident is not in proper working order, she has not released that information.
So, lets see they probably had (or have had) the gun 'inspected' by a 'well known authority on revolvers' who will no doubt 'find' the gun to be defective (and remain nameless) and therefore exonerates AB.

I expect nothing less.

i'd like to see all three hammer notches, but i don't expect anyone(police) had the foresight to inspect them before the pistol got to the sympathetic(bought) d.a. .
I read a Fox News article about this... and what the DA/ADA did was have one of her staff bring in HIS SAA revolver (not the one AB used), and they futzed around with it, unloaded of course, and determined that the hammer can fall from less than HALF-COCK, thereby proving to them that what AB said happened is possible.

Note that they DID NOT report on the CSI testing the actual murder weapon, a Pieta, which apparently had either a floating firing pin or a transfer block, making it completely unlikely that a live round could be ignited from less than HALF-COCK.

So the coverup/suckup/fix begins.

Last Edited:
I've met Brian Panish, the plaintiffs' attorney who spoke in that news clip. He is not the stereotypical personal injury attorney . He files and wins extremely high dollar suits. I think the Hutchins chose a great lawyer for their side of the case.

You could tamper with evidence and break the gun so it would go off without pulling the trigger. Bust the notches or the trigger where the sear engages and there is nothing to hold the hammer back. If the gun was a true 1873 copy.

You could tamper with evidence and break the gun so it would go off without pulling the trigger. Bust the notches or the trigger where the sear engages and there is nothing to hold the hammer back. If the gun was a true 1873 copy.
I was thinking exactly the same thing. Very easy to do and wouldn't be obvious that they tampered with it.

So, lets see they probably had (or have had) the gun 'inspected' by a 'well known authority on revolvers' who will no doubt 'find' the gun to be defective (and remain nameless) and therefore exonerates AB.

I expect nothing less.
The pistol used for the demonstration with the DA was not THE GUN that Baldwin used, but a SIMILAR GUN.

3095EA65-ED66-410D-B0EE-8FC7492C6A1E.jpeg

cmon guys.. you really think rich people would stoop so low as to bribe and lie and tamper with evidence when faced with potentially serious charges?

get real. rich people are saints and do no wrong in our society.

The pistol used for the demonstration with the DA was not THE GUN that Baldwin used, but a SIMILAR GUN.
They also said it was a "vintage" firearms they used to demonstrate it. Wasn't the gun in question a modern prop/replica?

Of course they don't want to address that he shouldn't have been cocking it to begin with.......especially since he says he doesn't know squat about guns.

They also said it was a "vintage" firearms they used to demonstrate it. Wasn't the gun in question a modern prop/replica?

Of course they don't want to address that he shouldn't have been cocking it to begin with.......especially since he says he doesn't know squat about guns.
I'm eagerly waiting to find out if it was a newer uberti/pieta and if it had the firing-pin-no-work-without-trigger-pull safety mechanism.

cmon guys.. you really think rich people would stoop so low as to bribe and lie and tamper with evidence when faced with potentially serious charges?

get real. rich people are saints and do no wrong in our society.
They don't have to... often they have supporters or folks with agenda or CYA (as in the county wants to keep getting movies made there = $$$$$$$$$$$$$)

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads