JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Couldn't agree with you more! But can we keep Rand Paul? He busts your age limit and election history, but I'd like for him to stay...
1645503305221.jpeg

https://www.theepochtimes.com/alec-...ed-trigger-in-deadly-shooting-da_4290519.html

"Alec Baldwin may have fired the shot that killed "Rust" cinematographer Halyna Hutchins without pulling the trigger, said a New Mexico prosecutor last week.

"Santa Fe District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies told Vanity Fair magazine that she was drawn to Baldwin's claim during an ABC News interview in December that he didn't pull the trigger.

"You can pull the hammer back without actually pulling the trigger and without actually locking it," Carmack-Altwies told the news outlet. "So you pull it back partway, it doesn't lock, and then if you let it go, the firing pin can hit the primer of the bullet."

With the originals, cowboys who had pistols, would load 5. Banging around on a horse, the pin could cause the round under the hammer to fire. That was the old manufacturing, etc. So, possible/plausible. Thumb hammer, drop it, bang.
Good luck explaining that to typical juror.

Everything had to align when the hammer was pulled back before clicking into the sear/release? I guess a gunsmith could determine that from the actual weapon.

my understanding is that unless the prop was modified to remove the trigger bar, dropping the hammer without the trigger depressed wont fire the gun

i just dont really see mr. baldwins defense working out

it just really sounds like he pulled the trigger. im kind of surprised its even being debated, that hes even trying to deny it.. but he is probably a gun moron

to me, the issue is ONLY why was the gun loaded? it doesnt bubblegumin matter if he pulled the trigger or didnt - you dont point a gun at someone you dont intend to kill, you definitely never point a loaded gun at someone you dont intend to kill, and you sure as bubblegum never pull the trigger of a loaded gun at someone you dont intend to kill, but we've already had to skip so many gun safety protocols to get to that point that it just doesnt seem relevant whether or not he pulled the trigger... dude quick drew a loaded fully functional firearm, cocked it, and pointed it at a person..... pulled the trigger or not, its all the same

why was it loaded? thats the only question for me.

my understanding is that unless the prop was modified to remove the trigger bar, dropping the hammer without the trigger depressed wont fire the gun
I can't comment on the gun AB used, I'm still trying to find strong evidence of its make and manufacture date.

The firing pin on hammer design was updated with the safer transfer bar mechanism…which killed the look and feel of SAA's - so Uberti/Pieta introduced a floating firing pin. It has the look of a firing pin attached to hammer design but floats unless the trigger is pulled…so, no accidental booms.

If the gun AB used was made in the last…what, 40 years (?) then it'd likely have either a transfer bar or floating firing pin. We could all put this to rest if a competent hobbyist or better could spend 5min with the gun.

We could all put this to rest if a competent hobbyist or better could spend 5min with the gun.
All it would take is a report published/leaked from the CSI tech scientist that handles gun tests like ballistics etc. Remember the St. Louis couple waving guns at BLM that claimed one of the guns was not even functional... yeah, that one was tested by the appropriate officials. I thought such investigation to be a normal part of investigating any gun incident/murder. He's claiming the gun was at fault... that HAS to be investigated properly, not some "ad hoc" session with a random SAA revolver in the DA's office by layman lame staff member.

That smells totally FISHY!!!

Alec is only partially to blame, I heard that one on NBC.
Haaa
That is "partially" correct... in that there is plenty of BLAME to go around. But the final, and greater, responsibility lies with the man that fired the fatal shot.

Forgot to include the ammo manufacturer
Unless they want to sue the maker of the live round, which is probably not known, the armorers typically make their own dummy rounds, these may have been provided by either Hannah's dad or a vendor... so another person(s) to add to the list of people to sue. However, if the shells are still in the gun, trademarks on the brass would indeed give them a target. (I wonder what the chain of custody has been on the murder weapon!)

Unless they want to sue the maker of the live round, which is probably not known, the armorers typically make their own dummy rounds, these may have been provided by either Hannah's dad or a vendor... so another person(s) to add to the list of people to sue. However, if the shells are still in the gun, trademarks on the brass would indeed give them a target. (I wonder what the chain of custody has been on the murder weapon!)
It was stated months ago that an outfit made the dummies and supplied them.
That outfit has already been named in the suit.
I can't remember the guy's name, but the article made it sound like he ran a very shady enterprise...

The attorneys really need to hammer the facts of that S.A. pistol firing with Baldy's finger pressing the trigger, not a similar pistol, but the actual pistol he shot her with! They need to bring in several expert's to show that the only way that pistol fired was with Baldy holding the trigger and thumbing the hammer back and then releasing it! This is all on top of that pistol being loaded with live ammo and baldy not checking, playing around with a gun, especially one he didn't check first! They need to hammer the 4 Cardinal rules as well, and how baldy violated all of them in his ignorance/arrogance!
Baldy's attny. crafted that press release after others on set claimed that one gun had fired without the trigger being pulled twice already. Remember early on half the crew walked off the set because of two negligent discharges and Baldy [ the producer] would not do anything about it.
He is ignoring the fact that he hired people who were not qualified to do the job of prop master/ armorer. He is ignoring the fact that as producer He is ultimately responsible for everyone on that set.
In the end his inability to shut up will be his undoing! DR

Negative Ghostrider, I shoot somebody with my gun and that is all on me.
Makes zero difference who touched that gun before me.
I doubt that is the case, in over 100 years of making movies how many have been killed with live ammo in a prop gun? They have set rules for movie guns, and they are not the same for guns you and I carry.
Every take is set up and choregraphed, every gun that is to be fired is only loaded with the exact amount of ammo , and in the case of a revolver the blank round is placed in the cylinder in the exact place it needs to be to fire at the right time. If they allowed the actor to open the gun and examine the ammo , How often do you think the blank would be back in the right place at the time it needs to fire? How many actors would know the difference between a blank and a dummy? or a blank and a Wad Cutter? In the case of a semi auto, the act of opening the gun would toss out the blank.
There is a reason Armorers are tasked with this. And Actors are not allowed to .
Now when you hire people that are not qualified, and do not allow them on set to do their jobs, the responsibility falls on the producer.
In the end Baldy is going to be responsible, not because as an actor he pulled the trigger but because as the producer he cut corners and hired people he could push around. DR

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top