JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"that he had 200 rounds of ammo"

We are talking in the night stand right?

It seems to me the talking heads say its one rifle, pistol, shotgun, and over 100 rounds for each.
Even my the current news criteria, this is a non story

Interesting. I did some more checking on this Taurus PT 809 9mm handgun that was used in this shooting, and discovered that manufacture of this model has been discontinued by Taurus. They have replaced it in their product line up with a new model: The TH 9.

Apparently there are still a lot of these PT 809 pistols in stock with dealers, though. Bud's Gun Shop.com currently is offering a close out special on them, for only $235.

Here is a video of a man shooting his PT 809. Just look at what happens at the end:

Oh no I guess I have a Arsenal. I even got 200 rounds for the muzzleloader HEHEE MVIMG_20180804_133150.jpg MVIMG_20180411_162412.jpg IMG_20180825_161802.jpg

Oh no I guess I have a Arsenal. I even got 200 rounds for the muzzleloader HEHEEView attachment 497093 View attachment 497094 View attachment 497095

That's awesome, but i'm afraid it just won't do! Your going to have to sit down with that Andy feller and make a possibles bag and powder horn and other hand made necessities! You cant possibly go out in the wilds with a front stuffer and.....................................A frickin Range Bag!:eek: What would your Fore Fathers think!:eek:

J/K that's a awesome start to a whole new world of shooting, one that is as much fun as it is historical! You just took a major step up the cool ladder in my book! Congrats!

Here is a video clip from the ABC's World News Tonight with David Muir. In his preview of this news report about the recent bank shooting in Cincinnati , Muir tells his viewers that the "ARSENAL" used in this shooting has now been revealed. At that point, I thought to myself: WOW! This guy must have really been heavily armed!

Well, guess what ABC News now considers to be an "ARSENAL"? When you then listen to the report, it turns out that the guy was armed with a single 9mm handgun, and had four 50 round boxes of ammo for it. A total of 200 rounds.

So guys, if you own a single handgun, do you now own an Arsenal, in the view of the media? Or was it the fact that he had 200 rounds of ammo? Are the anti's now deeming that to constitute possessing an "Arsenal"?? And if so, what do they consider to be a normal amount of ammunition, for a person to have?

Is anyone here guilty of owning an "Arsenal" of 200 rounds of ammunition?

I wonder if ammunition control is on the minds of the anti's these days? What do you think?

The hyperbole that is being used in the media these days regardings guns just will not cease. It was also interesting to note that this gunman only shot 3 people dead. Yet, instead of saying that, Muir said in his preamble that there were "several" dead. Why would he exaggerate like that, in this report? It looks like the media is deliberately trying to blow the incident up, and make it appear to be bigger than it really was.

Whatever happened to accuracy in journalism? Is truth being thrown out the window?

They are definitely working on controlling the ammo. just like california . pay for a back ground check at every purchase and only allowed a certain amount. the media and antis make a big deal if someone has 500 rds in there car but neglect to mention it is 22lr and that is the common amount packaged for sale.

That's awesome, but i'm afraid it just won't do! Your going to have to sit down with that Andy feller and make a possibles bag and powder horn and other hand made necessities! You cant possibly go out in the wilds with a front stuffer and.....................................A frickin Range Bag!:eek: What would your Fore Fathers think!:eek:

J/K that's a awesome start to a whole new world of shooting, one that is as much fun as it is historical! You just took a major step up the cool ladder in my book! Congrats!
What like this IMG_20180825_161945.jpg

So now a 9mm pistol and several magazines is an arsenal?:rolleyes::confused:o_O

No, it's just proof how the media uses words, very shocking words, to get your attention, no matter how misleading they truly are. Some guy robbing a bank has been reported thousands of times, but if that guy had an arsenal, you'll watch some jackwad/ess flap their gums. bubblegum me.
The morning TV news had a story about a cat stuck in a car. The female reporter stated that the "whole car had to be taken apart" while we saw a guy pulling the front tire off (probably was going to peel the plastic inner fender out and grab stoopid kitty). At least the weather guy later corrected her, but still.

The only part of the news I am interested in is the weather, and even that's very often incorrect!

No, it's just proof how the media uses words, very shocking words, to get your attention, no matter how misleading they truly are. Some guy robbing a bank has been reported thousands of times, but if that guy had an arsenal, you'll watch some jackwad/ess flap their gums. bubblegum me.
The morning TV news had a story about a cat stuck in a car. The female reporter stated that the "whole car had to be taken apart" while we saw a guy pulling the front tire off (probably was going to peel the plastic inner fender out and grab stoopid kitty). At least the weather guy later corrected her, but still.

The only part of the news I am interested in is the weather, and even that's very often incorrect!

I don't watch the news either my friend. I can't handle stupid and usually it just makes me mad. Even the weather people get it wrong 60% of the time. I just walk out side to see what I need. :confused:

What I see is that most people watch the news so they have something to converse about with other people. So many conversations start with "Did you see that whateverthefork was on the news last night?". What a waste. They could be on here mentally masturbating about guns and they wouldn't be missing out on anything important.

I shoot 200 rounds when I go to the gun range. I take three pistols. I do shoot a few magazines of JHP with my primary pistol just to keep in practice but I shoot FMJ most of the time since it is a cheaper than JHP.

I shoot 200 rounds when I go to the gun range. I take three pistols. I do shoot a few magazines of JHP with my primary pistol just to keep in practice but I shoot FMJ most of the time since it is a cheaper than JHP.
Lol I shot 20 Rounds today in the muzzleloader.
Then shot 250 Rounds through the 9mm .
Then 250 Rounds through the .40 cal.
Then 200 Rounds through the 45 .lol that was just today .lol these idiots have no idea what there talking about and I went shooting last Tuesday and shot a few hundred Rounds lol

Lol I almost had to call Or try to contact @AndyinEverson today I had problem with the muzzleloader lol but I got it figured out and.i didn't want to bother him first week back to school lol. I sure as hell wasn't going to call the GENIUS AT ABC NEWS FOR HELP

Lol I shot 20 Rounds today in the muzzleloader.
Then shot 250 Rounds through the 9mm .
Then 250 Rounds through the .40 cal.
Then 200 Rounds through the 45 .lol that was just today .lol these idiots have no idea what there talking about and I went shooting last Tuesday and shot a few hundred Rounds lol

I wish I had more time to go the the gun range. I go every few weeks which is good for me. Before that I would make a trip ever few months. I work contract so when I am looking for a new contract I tend to go the range more frequently like ever few days. Nice during the week since the range is not real busy until 6:00PM or so.

The trick is having an impressive hoard that is so neatly tucked away, all over the compound, that nobody would ever see all of it. Better put, the goal is to have an "arsenal" in EVERY ROOM!

Last Edited:
I wish I had more time to go the the gun range. I go every few weeks which is good for me. Before that I would make a trip ever few months. I work contract so when I am looking for a new contract I tend to go the range more frequently like ever few days. Nice during the week since the range is not real busy until 6:00PM or so.
I had my aunt and cousin up here last Tuesday so we went to the indoor range . because my aunt just got new Glock 19
But basically today I went to shoot the muzzleloader .but they have a PISTOL RANGE also.i go at least once a month to the range even if I'm just shooting a few rounds through each gun 50 here 50 there 100 here or what ever . SATURDAY TODAY at the GREENES GUN SHOP and range on WHIDBEY ISLAND.
I was the only one there Shooting till 14:00 and I got there at 12:15

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top