JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here is a video clip from the ABC's World News Tonight with David Muir. In his preview of this news report about the recent bank shooting in Cincinnati , Muir tells his viewers that the "ARSENAL" used in this shooting has now been revealed. At that point, I thought to myself: WOW! This guy must have really been heavily armed!

Well, guess what ABC News now considers to be an "ARSENAL"? When you then listen to the report, it turns out that the guy was armed with a single 9mm handgun, and had four 50 round boxes of ammo for it. A total of 200 rounds.

So guys, if you own a single handgun, do you now own an Arsenal, in the view of the media? Or was it the fact that he had 200 rounds of ammo? Are the anti's now deeming that to constitute possessing an "Arsenal"?? And if so, what do they consider to be a normal amount of ammunition, for a person to have?

Is anyone here guilty of owning an "Arsenal" of 200 rounds of ammunition?

I wonder if ammunition control is on the minds of the anti's these days? What do you think?

The hyperbole that is being used in the media these days regardings guns just will not cease. It was also interesting to note that this gunman only shot 3 people dead. Yet, instead of saying that, Muir said in his preamble that there were "several" dead. Why would he exaggerate like that, in this report? It looks like the media is deliberately trying to blow the incident up, and make it appear to be bigger than it really was.

Whatever happened to accuracy in journalism? Is truth being thrown out the window?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what the news media would call this??

ammo_0299.jpg

I have more than two brain cells to rub together, I'm an Arsenal...

According to Merriam-Webster:

Definition of arsenal
1a : an establishment for the manufacture or storage of arms and military equipment
  • The city is home to a federal arsenal.
b : a collection of weapons
2: store, repertoire
  • the team's arsenal of veteran players
So, I guess it's just more false news... propaganda machines are alive and in great health in America... My, how this nation has changed in a mere 50 or 60 years...

I have more than two brain cells to rub together, I'm an Arsenal...

According to Merriam-Webster:

Definition of arsenal
1a : an establishment for the manufacture or storage of arms and military equipment
  • The city is home to a federal arsenal.
b : a collection of weapons
2: store, repertoire
  • the team's arsenal of veteran players
So, I guess it's just more false news... propaganda machines are alive and in great health in America... My, how this nation has changed in a mere 50 or 60 years...

Its just language evolving. Arsenal started as meaning a "House of Industry" and then a "dock" and then a "military boat dock" and then the french of all people made it a place of "storage of weapons."

The media has now advanced it to "a couple of guns and a day at the range amount of ammo"

So I propose we go back to latin to make a new work for what Arsenal is supposed to mean, ie "A humongous collection of firearms fit for the apocalypse."

"Magna Collectio Sclopetis" is a good starting point but too long to say,
"Magna Sclopetis" little better
"Magnapetis" still a little too long.
"Magnapis" Thats it!

So the media can start using the work "magnapis" for a huge collection of firearms.

:D

I have a magnapis of glocks. My mangapis is getting a little low on ammo.

Story I read says his pistol "jammed". By the look of the photos, he was carrying some sort of Taurus product which had legally purchased very recently.

Well he didn't have enough ammo in his "arsenal" to confirm proper function before using it for real.

I like to go 300-500 problem free rounds before I thoroughly trust a gun to go bang 10+ times without hiccup.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top