JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd check the apnea thing out. My Doc. wanted me to do a sleep study because he suspected I had it. I kept telling him he was crazy because I never snore and I sleep fine (wife attested to no snoring). Long story short, I needed surgery to repair a hernia and they said I had to be checked before they would do my surgery so I said screw it and went for the sleep study. Turned out I was having not breathing episodes 70 times per hour! Severe apnea!. Don't let not snoring fool you.

You do not have to be a lardass to suffer from sleep apnea or heart problems.
I was 180 lbs. and 5' 10 and had heart issues at age 46. Saw the right doctors and got fixed, I'd be pretty dead right about now if my wife hadn't kicked me in the asss to get looked at. There is help but you must go get it, ain't gonna seek you out. Good luck brother.

They did another ekg and said my stats look off. The downswing isn't going down far enough. Whatever that means. Doc said go straight to the ER. Heck no. It's a holiday. I will go Monday.
He checked my prostate since that's never been done.
That was a first for me. I know for sure being Gay isn't in my future.
OR,hunter5, brother when you get my age the VERY first thing you look at are the size of the doctors fingers! I probably don't need to explain. That's why I see female doctors!!!! Sounds like you better get your AZZZZZ to the doctors! Friday, would be better than Monday!

Sleep apnea! Nope I don't have it.....my famous words! I was going downhill the last few years. Low energy, always sleepy.
Took a sleep test and holy crap I can hold my breath a long time!

My first night with my cpap machine my wife woke me up twice thinking I was dead. I have not slept that well in years! Now I get a constant 5-6 hours of sleep every night (more on weekends) and I'm not tired at all during the day!

They did another ekg and said my stats look off. The downswing isn't going down far enough. Whatever that means. Doc said go straight to the ER. Heck no. It's a holiday. I will go Monday.
He checked my prostate since that's never been done.
That was a first for me. I know for sure being Gay isn't in my future.
I can understand not wanting to go to the ER. Here in Salem, it's about a 4 hour wait unless you're bleeding or having chest pains.

Whatever you do, get a decent diagnosis. I'm surprised that your doctor didn't refer you to a cardiologist if he felt more testing was in order.

Pilots get prostate exams at every physical.

The question is, how does he put the finger up your rear when he has both hands on your shoulders? :eek:
That my friend, is a prime example why I will never be a pilot!:s0106:So, I take it you're making a caREAR, Azz a pilot! :D Provincial, just dishin' some crap, no bun intended!!!

Forefathersrback, certainly not in, and certainly not out, just me!
Got a good laugh out of that brother, have a good evening!

Fast forward.
On T injections now. Twice a week, done by me.
Feeling like the old days.
But, I'm also getting a sleep study, cause I failed the prelim test.
So answer me this.
I will have T in me, with a full time Boner, and possibly a cpap at the same time? Talk about a Delima for the wife. That's true love.

Isn't the sleep apnea for fat boys? I'm in pretty good health tha way.
I don't snore at all.
I fall asleep fast.
Anyone here want to admit they take low T meds?

I'm injected every week wth testosterone.
I'm 33. Been doing it for 3-4 years now I believe.

I also used to have sleep apnea and that sounds inline with your fall asleep at any time anywhere. I too nodded off more than my fair share at church... Not very polite and embarrassing. I am overweight due to thyroid and testosterone. Can't seem to get these things under control right now. Well I also have a crappy diet and a really high bmi.

I have a good buddy who they thought was bipolar but turns out finally they checked his testosterone again and he was in the low 100's. About a month ago they gave him his first shot. Major changes.

What level is the doctor aiming for on your T? Mine is around 650- midpoint between injections.

I'm back to riding my mountain bike, after not being on it for a few years! Good workout!

Good on you!

Men's body's need exercise. This is how were made.
Without it we really limit the body. And the mind that is supported buy the body.

Where do you think all those juices that bathe the mind come from?

The good news is ''God don't make junk"! Your body will balance itself out with use.

RIDE BIKE! Running is horrible on your knees and joints. If you're wanting straight up fitness exercise, not training for Tough Mudder type crap or work strength, the bike is the ultimate tool. Get a heart rate monitor and do zone training (mostly so you don't overdo it, especially now that you're on T). You'll prolong not just your life, but much more importantly - the healthy part of it.

I tell people to Walk!
And it goes right over there heads. It must be too simple?

It's low impact. Easy to do if your really banged up like I was.
And it allows you to engage the mind with your surroundings [Not boring].

You need to get the blood flowing. And lungs working. Your organs need to wake up!
But none of this will happen If you don't like your choice of exercise. And quit.

Walk! For three months. Find a interesting/pretty path. And Just walk.
Then start to expand on your exercise. Or walk faster and further.
Don't make a big deal over it. Just tell yourself. "I need a walk''. And go!
Keep it light. And get the benefits.;)

It worked for me. And you would not believe the hole it helped me out of.

Just opinion so make of it what you will:D. Your body is like a machine and it takes "good fuel" for it to run right. The processed foods are what's plugging the oil lines up and killing the machines. It's dumb to get out there and exercise heavily when you have plugged the oil lines. Walk 30 minutes a day to push the blood through and keep the lines clear, push too hard and the pump will go.

Entire system is based on your genetics and the food you feed yourself. You are going to live what is a normal lifetime for your family members if you eat good and walk every day. You will die early if you eat bad stuff and sit on your butt.

I am 63 and take no medications, will die as all my family has from heart problems who died from naural death. It's just the way it is. Enjoy life while you can, your days are numbered.o_O

True.

But if you come from a long line of men that ate crap and sat on there buts. You cant say ''The men in my family die young". And blame it on genetics.
How can you realize your genetic potential if you don't give the body good food and exercise?

When it comes to getting healthy and exercising.
To many people argue for their limitations.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top