JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't poop..

1705330420755.png

They couldn't open their garage door without power. LOL!
Please nobody tell them what that great big red knob hanging down is for until next spring.

Don't poop..
Once again we have been tricked by experts. A high salt diet would have prevented this.

There is going to be one giant poosicle floating in the Willamette, when it breaks free.
When it finally calves you really don't want to be caught in the waves. No winter run anything is worth it.

Last Edited:
Please nobody tell them what that great big red knob hanging down is for until next spring.

Once again we have been tricked by experts. A high salt diet would have prevented this.

When it finally calves you really don't want to be caught in the waves. No winter run anything is worth it.
Poonami Alert

Last night I tried to walk a bit out of the yard but everything flat has an inch of ice on it and is slicker the goose snot on a brass door knob. Today I dug out an old pair of Danner insulated work boots with good Vibram lug soles and drilled in some 1/4" long #8 hex head sheet metal screws into the lugs. Now I've got walk about traction out the kazoo.

Schools closed for Tues in anticipation of freezing rain. Side roads and sidewalks were basically slightly crunchy ice rinks. Going slow in 1st to 2nd gear helped much before getting onto main road in my town. So because of slick roads outside the highways, the schools are closed for Tuesday.

Get ready. If we get a half inch of freezing rain along with wind, power outages are going to increase dramatically.

View attachment 1803349
Yeah, we have an inch of ice here. They are not expecting us to get power back for a week, and that is before the next ice storm tomorrow. We have over 100 yards of downed lines on my street alone, let alone along the highway back to town. I hear we are in a regional emergency now, and will likely stay that way until next week as well.

Just so everyone knows, my vote was for a winter wonderland, not a frozen hellscape. I don't know who voted for ice over snow, but they screwed up royally.

Yeah, we have an inch of ice here. They are not expecting us to get power back for a week, and that is before the next ice storm tomorrow. We have over 100 yards of downed lines on my street alone, let alone along the highway back to town. I hear we are in a regional emergency now, and will likely stay that way until next week as well.

Just so everyone knows, my vote was for a winter wonderland, not a frozen hellscape. I don't know who voted for ice over snow, but they screwed up royally.
Hope you make it through alive.

I heard gas stations are running out of fuel in your area. Have you ran into that issue yet?

Hope you make it through alive.
Should be no problem, we are set up to run long term without power here; wood heat, gas cooking, oil lamps, the works. I have the genny up and running for work, and that also lets me keep the fridge cold and watch some movies. We are way better off than some of the neighbors who have electric everything. They just move into town with family for the duration.

I heard gas stations are running out of fuel in your area. Have you ran into that issue yet?
Yeah, we already have stations running out, but that was more because more than half our stations where out of power so their reserves were offline. As they come back up the gas situation should sort itself out. Trucks are still rolling so this should be a temporary issue. I still have 5 gal in cans an over 40 in vehicles to run off, so I will be gtg for some time yet even without replenishment.

Nothing in Newberg yet. Accuweather radar thinks it'll start arriving 3:30-ish.
https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/portland/97209/weather-radar/350473
I have been watching the forecast like a hawk, and the time keeps slipping. We had a bit of freezing mist this morning, but no precipitation since then. I am hoping it stays away until it warms up later tonight. This next front is supposedly significantly warmer, and temps are supposed to be rising all through the night, and we should hit the 40s by tomorrow. We just have to get through the last of this front without taking any more damage.

I have been watching the forecast like a hawk, and the time keeps slipping. We had a bit of freezing mist this morning, but no precipitation since then. I am hoping it stays away until it warms up later tonight. This next front is supposedly significantly warmer, and temps are supposed to be rising all through the night, and we should hit the 40s by tomorrow. We just have to get through the last of this front without taking any more damage.
It's here in Newberg now. Light rain.

Yeah, I think it's just this evening and through the night. By rush hour tomorrow morning it should be rain. The forecast for the next week or more is very wet, but no ice or snow at the Willamette Valley elevation.

Freezing rain here at a steady pace. Everything is way too slick. Good thing I did a grocery run yesterday when the side roads were less slick and the main roads somewhat clear (rutted to bare pavement through icy snow).
It was much slicker today than yesterday. Too slippery to walk the dog this AM. Even tho it never got above freezing yesterday, I think the sun melted enough of the surface layer that it refroze to an icy glaze. I think I need to get a pair of golf shoes or something for events like this. Had a pair of those strap-on ice cleats but gave them to my S-I-L who lives up on the Gorge 'cause I thought I wouldn't need them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews