JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We had a tiny bit here. eighth inch of ice at the most. Unfortunately the damage was already done, everything that was refrigerated/frozen at my local grocer had to be thrown out since their coolers all went offline yesterday night. That means all dairy, meat, produce and frozen goods. They had nothing in stock. It is gong to be a long recovery here. Hope everyone else is doing better.

Well we finally got the snow....
Around 5 inches in Bellingham....about 1 or two inches here in LaConnner....snowing heavy at the moment
School is closed for me ...probably tomorrow as well.
( Cancelled after I got there and was there for 3 hrs...LOL )

Hmmm....
Coffee....books...looking at guns ...working / visiting here on the forum....
A cat or dog in my lap....life is good...:D
Stay warm and dry y'all.
Andy

Stuff melting but roughly 2 inches of hard frozen ice and frozen snow (as opposed to simply powdery snow) makes for ice rinks everywhere thats not plowed, sanded/gravel/salted... schools are closed, some businesses opening later, high 40s forecast with rain

I took the chains off but I am glad I had them on for last night's trek.

1000002644.jpg

I would take snow over ice any day. Snow does not contribute nearly as much load to trees and lines as ice does. One of my neighbors data lines just snapped off the side of his house, ripped right through the wire stay line and all the fasteners on the side of the house. The cable was just a coax with about an inch of ice on top. It looked like an ice bar with a little cable embedded in it. I am guessing there was close to 300 pounds of ice on the cable from the span from the house to the pole. Might have been more.

Fortunately it is all melting now, and I have bottle collections up so I can replenish my flush/washing up water. I really need to get my genny wired into my well, would love to take a shower at some point.

We dodged another. After many days of VERY (for us) cold days and nights that were super dry the water came back HEAVY. Temp came up to 30 though so worst we got was some slush in a few places. Just enough that as soon as the morning commute started this morning several people were taking out light poles, signs, fences, the ditch and such :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews