JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
pretty strange things lately. The last 5 years I've had some heart stuff coming up. It feels fluttery. Had a offline EKG done by some doc friends, and it showed up abnormal, with possible para carditis. Inflammation around the heart.

Now I'm falling asleep at will, and at times just because. If I sit, I can sleep. Fell asleep in church Sunday.
Anyone of you have issues with sleep?
Is it low T?
Anyone here inject T?
I'm at a lose, and hate going to the doctor.
It's been 100 plus degrees here. But how much effect can that have.

Do you snore? Heavily? If so, you may want to get checked for sleep apnea. Not only does it disrupt your sleep cycle, but it can cause very serious medical problems, such as heart issues. I know several folks that found out they had it pretty bad, and after getting on a CPAP machine, things turned around.

Could be a number of things, but it's something to keep in mind.

I get a fluttery feeling in my heart from time to time, they told me it was "PVC's" or Pre Ventricular Contractions. A lot of people have it, but in most cases, it does nothing more than cause the occasional fluttering sensation. One day, it went on all day, so I went to the hospital, where it stopped about the time I walked in the door. They recommended I cut back on caffeine at the time and make sure I wasn't getting myself too worked up about anything. Hasn't happened like that since.

For any of it, be sure to take any potential heart issue seriously. It's good you're seeing a doctor about it. Too many men ignore heart issues out of fear, and that's a bad thing.

You'd best get your nastyass to a doctor soon!
It could be something as common as sleep apnea.
Men die in their 40s and 50s because they are too proud or too stupid or too lazy to seek professional help.

Isn't the sleep apnea for fat boys? I'm in pretty good health tha way.
I don't snore at all.
I fall asleep fast.
Anyone here want to admit they take low T meds?

I don't snore at all.
I fall asleep fast.

Not necessarily. I know fit folks that have sleep apnea.

As for the T, I've been tested as part of my routine checkups, but levels have always been normal.

Are you fat, drink and smoke? Don't do that.
Honestly, good luck and eat well (code for not much and just good stuff) .. and just drink water.

Best get a full physical exam, blood work et al, referral to cardiologist if required. Para carditis cannot be diagnoised (sp) on an EKG. Diet has a lot to do with it as well.

If there are cardiac issues, get them solved before the paramedics have to come deal with you on the kitchen floor in cardiac arrest. It is not pretty or comfortable. Old school EMT, saw a lot.

Men die in their 40s and 50s because they are too proud or too stupid or too lazy to seek professional help.

That will most likely be me. I am 44, have a few problems including a congenital heart defect that causes supraventricular tachycardia ( the way it was explained to me is I have faulty electrical connections in my heart) I have an episode at least once a month, Sometimes several a week. Sometimes they last minutes, other times hours but I have learned to deal with them. I have had them since I was in elementary school. I was told I could have surgery that might correct it but the surgery is more dangerous than the condition. They told me until I start blacking out its best just to live with it.

Honestly I have lived a full and eventful life. If I was to drop dead tomorrow I would consider my time here a success. Id like another 30 or 40 years but I am quite prepared to die.

I have noticed the last 5 years or so my body starting to complain a lot more. I need more sleep and always hurt. I have done heavy industrial work my whole life and when I was in my 30's it made me tough, Now in my mid 40's I am starting to suffer the consequences of being hard on my bits. I am not so sure on my feet and I cant work hard 14 hour days day after day anymore. Now I am down to working just 70 hours a week :D

I don't snore at all.
I fall asleep fast.
Brother! You are talking to the king of testosterone. Just ask my wife! lol. I have been using a Bioidentical hormone, testosterone,{Liquid form} for over 10 yrs. My energy level was dropping rapidly. Muscle mass was deteriorating. I felt like crud. I have a natural path that I go to, and she tested me for hormone levels. I was low, so she placed me on a hormone treatment. Also, I take a massive amount of vitamins, I swear by them. Your heart feeling fluttery can be also, a thyroid issue. Hormone levels that are off can do the heart thing too. Get your levels checked!

One thing that I want to warn you about, if you are already ugly, don't for one minute think hormone replacement will enhance your looks. It will not! Not everyone can be like me. Get checked brother!

Myself I took a sleep test for my wife because I snored like a bear and shook the house. turns out at least 3-4 times a night I did not breath for over a minute and a half. didn't seem like much to me till I tried to hold my breath and got to the count of 20. I had the same issue I could sleep any where always took a nap when I got home. I wear a CPAP now which was a little irritating at 1st but now I am used to it and cannot sleep with out it. it still amazes me when I sleep through the night and wake up ready to go.
Low T was a symptom for me of low energy I thought it was because I have an active job but turns out I just had low T which I inject once a week. this is regulated through my doctor so I have to have lab work and doctor visits every 6 months. I was like you and hated to go see the doctor but my wife put her foot down and made me go. I took into consideration my Father died at the age of 57 with his 1st heart attack at 42. he was well over weight and diabetic. I am 47 now a little fluffy around the edges I could lose about 50 lbs er so but feeling good still tired some days but I think that's the job. I am expected by my wife to live along time and as the saying goes "happy wife happy life"

I would recommend as everyone else has to get an doctor appointment and have the normal tests done and roll with the punches who know you might fine your self sleeping through the night and up all day with no need to sleep during the day.

Good luck

That will most likely be me. I am 44, have a few problems including a congenital heart defect that causes supraventricular tachycardia ( the way it was explained to me is I have faulty electrical connections in my heart) I have an episode at least once a month, Sometimes several a week. Sometimes they last minutes, other times hours but I have learned to deal with them. I have had them since I was in elementary school. I was told I could have surgery that might correct it but the surgery is more dangerous than the condition. They told me until I start blacking out its best just to live with it.

Honestly I have lived a full and eventful life. If I was to drop dead tomorrow I would consider my time here a success. Id like another 30 or 40 years but I am quite prepared to die.

I have noticed the last 5 years or so my body starting to complain a lot more. I need more sleep and always hurt. I have done heavy industrial work my whole life and when I was in my 30's it made me tough, Now in my mid 40's I am starting to suffer the consequences of being hard on my bits. I am not so sure on my feet and I cant work hard 14 hour days day after day anymore. Now I am down to working just 70 hours a week :D

Dude, go see a electrophysiology cardiologist. They can fix most SVT's with a catheter ablation now. You get a small incision to put a catheter in an artery and they scar the small area of the heart starting the arrhythmia. You are out usually the same day. I can recommend some in Portland but you probably want to go somewhere closer

About 5 years ago at my wife's request I went and saw a cardiologist. They did EKG's and a bunch of other stuff and made me wear a monitor around for a month to record the events. At that point what they told me was they could do the surgery but it was more dangerous than the condition. I have always been able to stop it on my own. Sometimes it takes hours (which really sucks and pretty much ruins the day) but through a combination of holding my breath and movements designed to make my blood pressure spike I can get my heart to "reset"

They seem to be more common now than when I was younger. It seems like when I was in my teens/20's I could go months between them. Now its not uncommon for me to have one a week or more.

Seems to me the surgery they talked about used a laser to sever electrical pathways causing the short circuit?

One of the events I got recorded on their monitor I was over 250 BPM for about a half hour, while resting of course. When I have those severe episodes you can actually see the veins in my arms and neck pulsing and my chest basically just vibrates. I get this weird metallic taste in my mouth and often the world gets pretty squirmy & fuzzy, but I have yet to black out.

Dude, go see a electrophysiology cardiologist. They can fix most SVT's with a catheter ablation now. You get a small incision to put a catheter in an artery and they scar the small area of the heart starting the arrhythmia. You are out usually the same day. I can recommend some in Portland but you probably want to go somewhere closer
bolus; I appreciate your medical wisdom on this site! Thanks.

I'd check the apnea thing out. My Doc. wanted me to do a sleep study because he suspected I had it. I kept telling him he was crazy because I never snore and I sleep fine (wife attested to no snoring). Long story short, I needed surgery to repair a hernia and they said I had to be checked before they would do my surgery so I said screw it and went for the sleep study. Turned out I was having not breathing episodes 70 times per hour! Severe apnea!. Don't let not snoring fool you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top