JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What are you anticipating as far as snow goes for Metro Areas later this week? I don't have much faith in weather reports a week out but it appears we will likely have some type of snow event towards the coming weekend?

Probably nothing at all. The last few years in yoojeen they've been screaming like chicken little and it's barely a cold snap. Kinda like jerking off but not getting a "release" out of it.

You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows...
So sang Dylan...as in Bob...not that other Dylan the poet dude...:D

Snow...yep...its that time of year.
We have supplies...I have a four wheel drive truck....and more importantly...
I know how to drive in the snow...as well as when or when not to drive in the snow.

Worry about it...Why...?
It will happen or it won't ,worrying about it won't change a damn thing.
Andy

We just got back from church in Grants Pass; there was snow in the mountains, but I-5 was clear for driving. From what I've read so far, mainly going to be a cold, wet, long winter, but not necessarily a lot of snow. Who knows though.

"Confidence multiplied by the percentage of the area forecasted equals the "percentage of precipitation." So if there's a 100% confidence that 30% of the area will see rain, then it's a 30% chance [(1 x 0.3)100 = PoPs]."

So apparently any forecast % of rain, snow, whatever means 100% will get rained on, or snowed on, in whatevet % of the area, at least how I read it?

"Confidence multiplied by the percentage of the area forecasted equals the "percentage of precipitation." So if there's a 100% confidence that 30% of the area will see rain, then it's a 30% chance [(1 x 0.3)100 = PoPs]."

So apparently any forecast % of rain, snow, whatever means 100% will get rained on, or snowed on, in whatevet % of the area, at least how I read it?
That's the explanation I heard quite a few years ago.

My own prediction is daylight followed by a dark period. I don't predict precipitation, it screws up my accuracy percentage.

The snow level is going to be above 2000-2500 according to snow-forcast.com so probably nothing. They are predicting winds up to 75 mph on Hood this week.

Revised below.

Last Edited:
We're keeping a weather eye out, particularly road conditions for this upcoming Friday. If Central School district buses arent taking students to school Friday due to ice? We'll keep daughter home. If theres no ice worries on Friday morning? Then to School she goes.

Edit. Monday-Thurs seems to be just wet and in the 40s highs with overnight lows being just about freezing starting Thurs night.

What are you anticipating as far as snow goes for Metro Areas later this week? I don't have much faith in weather reports a week out but it appears we will likely have some type of snow event towards the coming weekend?
Up this way we "normally" get a small amount yearly. Normally maybe once and no big deal. Ever few we get a for us, "good one" and its a HUGE damn mess. Everyone screams and cry's when it takes weeks to get all the roads clear. Trying to explain to them we can't keep a fleet of trucks sitting for years not used. Not to mention a fleet of people to drive them that are not used for years. So when we get a good one those of us who prepare get around. The rest? Complain a lot and get in a lot of wrecks. :s0092:
Have GOOD snow tires on the Jeep and a set for the one car with front wheel drive. Always volunteer to shuffle people to work when it gets bad here. The really bad is every so many years we get a good snow, then a good hard freeze. That slush turns to ice and it takes until the temp warms or weeks, for them to clean all the roads. We got a good one few years ago when it was time to go home I 5 went from 5 lanes to one. All the traffic was making one lane smack in the middle going 35. I got in behind a semi that had just left my work and was going all the way out to the other side of the county where I lived and cruised along at 35. HUGE line of cars behind us and shockingly none of them decided to try to pass and make a new lane. Normally you see 4WD vehicles in wrecks all over the roads. They forget that just because their vehicle can go does not mean it can stop. :s0140:

When one weatherman (or woman) says there is a 10% chance of rain, and another weatherperson (better?? Not really) says there is a 90% chance of rain, whether it rains or not they are both right.

I was just noticing.. much like the wooly caterpillar, the can besacked murderbum activity is quite frenetic this evening so we're in for it. Ironclad.

NOAA is saying the freezing level will fall to 1400ft but it looks like the daytime temps will be in high 30s-40s.

Just the threat of snow with 40 degree temps = lots of car crashes and idiots running around crazy.

Who the hell knows, I usually check the weather by looking out of the window.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews