JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Funny thing. Now I'm starting to notice the issue more and more. Morning headaches every day. Tired. The conclusion is, the mind is powerful. You wanna feel good, the mind can over power much. You know your needing a tune up, you start to feel cruddy.
The Greatest Generation deserves a thumbs up a lot.

My CPAP literally saved mylife; no exaggeration.

Watching a short video-clip of my sleep study at the VA was almost as sobering as seeing my own skull & skeleton depicted on a 3d MRI image.....captured live, un-rehearsed, un-edited, and no denying it.

When was the last time you re-certed CPR/BFA? They're not even teaching mouth-to-mouth anymore. All compressions - keeping the chest moving/blood pumping is that much more important.

Interesting. I was told that the reason they switched to chest compressions only was because the untrained, average, Joe Blow citizen couldn't do the CPR we all grew up with effectively.

My CPAP literally saved mylife; no exaggeration.

Watching a short video-clip of my sleep study at the VA was almost as sobering as seeing my own skull & skeleton depicted on a 3d MRI image.....captured live, un-rehearsed, un-edited, and no denying it.
How long did it take to get used to the cpap?
I think it helps, but getting used to the suff strapped to me is taking time. I use the nose pillow system. Not a full nose and mouth piece. Kinda sore on the nosrerals.

Interesting. I was told that the reason they switched to chest compressions only was because the untrained, average, Joe Blow citizen couldn't do the CPR we all grew up with effectively.

In the typical out of hospital setting doing CPR with a "mouth to mouth" or mouth to mask technique only offers 17% oxygen (less than room air) and the time taken away from GOOD Quality compressions to deliver this doesn't really pencil out compared to moving the available oxygen already in the blood to the vital locations until 100% oxygen can be delivered...

I think it helps, but getting used to the suff strapped to me is taking time. I use the nose pillow system. Not a full nose and mouth piece. Kinda sore on the nosrerals.

Only a couple nights...it's been replaced by a newer model which I like also.

A couple nights without the cpap and my throat becomes sore, and I go "down hill" really fast.

Working on taking the dry-half of the old cpap with me on camping trips; power it with the inverter...I need a better auxillery battery....maybe next year.

A little update. I did the sleep study deal and, I have 52 events an hour. 83% oxygen level. I guess this doesn't help me with energy during the day.
I'm gonna be positive and make this machine work.

I bet you get bad headaches as well?

Only 52 per hour. I had one every 45 seconds (average) during my study but my O2 kept around 95. I hope you CPAP soon. Highway to heart failure.

My step dad used a CPAP (probably still does), and he found that it helped him so much that he started two companies; one to test, another to sell the equipment. I've been around both sides of it from a patient to the technical side.

It's amazing the health impact it has when this goes untreated. Keep in mind too that some people will drop weight when using a CPAP because their body isn't always in 'fight or flight' mode. Odd what adrenaline does to you in your sleep.

Caveat: I'm currently 33, started on a CPAP at 27 and got where I didn't need it at 30.

I had the sleep study done and was prescribed a CPAP. I never got used to the thing and stopped using it. But problem I have is with sinuses - either side is always stuffy and that CPAP wanting to blow air up in there just drove me nuts. Plus having the fighter pilot gear on my head, I could never get comfortable. Guess I need to go back and revisit this. There's some options I've read about too for a dental appliance that puts the jaw in certain positions - it's for certain cases and doesn't help everyone.

I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs. Not fat at all. Body of a Greek god. Well kinda.

No kidding?

free-greek-coloring-sheets-pan.gif

Take care, eh?

tac

Don't get me started on the new Canadian PM. The last one of that name should have taught us all a lasting lesson on voting in anybody 'wid an etnic' [correct spelling for M. Trudeau] agenda. Add to that that he's a Liberal that makes US Liberals look like Conan the Barbarian, and you can see that the GWN is in for a rough ride, especially if you are a shooter.

tac

I've had apnea all my life, as a child I was in a constant daze, my school scores wee terrible as I gained weight it got worse and would keep my wife awake. Got a CPAP about 10 years ago and went full face mask (size medium for most men. I'm used to wearing a face mask so no problem). The pressure was set so high it would blow air out my ears but it kept the sinuses clear though I had to strap that mask tight! The first night I used the CPAP was the best night's sleep I'd had in a decade. I figured how to lower the pressure. I sleep on the edge of a firm pillow so that the brow piece is not pushed away from my face and I'm far more comfortable. dang thing is a life saver.

The first night I used the CPAP was the best night's sleep I'd had in a decade.

Ive said this before, my wife thought I was dead the first night I slept with mine! She woke me up twice thinking something was wrong with me..the freight train was dead! That next day everyone thought I was on meth or something! What a difference!

I still use the full nose piece and sleep like a baby!
I will admit there is a fine line with comfort. The straps need to be adjusted about once a month because the stretch a little.

If your new to CPAP don't give up on it! there are allot of options. And if your going it on your own without a guidance its a real pain to get the pressure correct. After a few months my brother gave in and saw my doc, and got him working proper!

Not that it changes anything about breathing (that I know of), I find that a weighted blanket is extremely comforting and I sleep better with the one I got for Xmas. I noticed the improvement almost immediately but wanted to keep testing for another month before I spoke up. Shop around. Prices vary a lot.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top