JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
True.

But if you come from a long line of men that ate crap and sat on there buts. You cant say ''The men in my family die young". And blame it on genetics.
How can you realize your genetic potential if you don't give the body good food and exercise?

When it comes to getting healthy and exercising.
To many people argue for their limitations.

Studied the genealogy of the family and the men who died of natural causes in my family lived well into their eighties but died of heart failure. Most lived a life of hard work and food off the land.

Nothing can replace T. It's much more than about health. Just like a diabetic can't run without insulin. Think grumpy old men. That isn't gonna be me. Now my 77 year old dad just started.
I've been an athlete since birth. Always watching my weight and working out. It's always been important to me and my family. I ran 45 miles a week for years.
But with T level at below 200, it was hard to maintain at my older age.
That's changing...

I'm 57 and having a wife 23 yrs younger, well....I get kind of worn out sometimes.
Good thing my brain is still 18yrs old :D

I'd like to chime-in on prevention to stay fit; the list of things I do not consume any more is staggaring, but it has been keeping me out of the doctor's office.

To underscore JJIM'S comment (s)......nutrition!

Starting in 1990, I have quit smoking cigarettes, quit drinking soda, stopped consuming chew, snuff, alcohol, dairy, pork, coffee, most of the nightshades, wheat/gluten, and red legumes.

The closest diet to what I'm following is the Paleo.

I got my CPAP 3 or 4 years ago and it probably saved my life.

I'm beguiled by the comments regarding the "T" injections

Testosterone! When I started mine there was a big improvement in well......stuff! It then steadied out for a net gain!

I have been using my CPAP over ten years now. There is no doubt in my mind that it saved my life!

Isn't the sleep apnea for fat boys? I'm in pretty good health tha way.
I don't snore at all.
I fall asleep fast.
Anyone here want to admit they take low T meds?

My son has done a couple Iron men races and maybe 300 Marathons and triathlons and I guarantee you he is not fat. He has sleep apnea and snores.
Age and weight has nothing to do with it. I wish I was in 20% as good of condition as he is.

I am overweight .... Well I also have a crappy diet and a really high bmi.

You need to see a nutritional consultant and not some college graduate idiot. You know you eat crap and your overweight ?? Find a good holistic nutritionist and listen to what they say.

Stop eating processed foods. Never eat fast food again. Read labels and if it has over 5 ingredients in it, do not eat it. Stop eating GMO products, stay organic as much as you can. Stop buying red meat in the supermarket unless it is high quality beef. Get some chickens and have your own eggs. Catch some fish, whack an elk, have a garden or raised beds with your own vegetables. Stop drinking soda pop, it is pure poison.

Start eating right and get some exercise and you can do away with this testosterone injection bull shot.

I had a toxic mega colon resection 4 years ago and damn near died. I had problems for about 2 years before that , but the damage was done. I did 2 months in the hospital and a month in a rehab facility. At 58 I do not take any medications even after that, do not need any of those blue pills. I am back to working part time, and still get my exercise, walking every day and taking care of 5 acres and a large garden.

Until you fuel and treat the machine correctly you cannot expect the machine to function properly.

Start eating right and get some exercise and you can do away with this testosterone injection bull shot.

On my end the low testosterone has no cause. the jewels are broken.
I have dropped 50lbs in the last year and a half due to proper diet.

Should have used "ATE" not "EAT"....

Some people deal with issues in life differently. All of the extra stress from about february hasn't helped either. I can say that I have floated at the same weight for quite some time. What's red meat (sarcasm there isn't much here in this house other than some venison and longhorn from my dads farm in the freezer).

(Mark Furhman Eat To Live was a recent book I read two years ago.) Went from 325 to 275 now. Fully aware of food toxicity.

All of the extra stress from about february hasn't helped either.

Stress will kill you. I had an off the scale stress level from about 1988 until about 2009. Most of this had to do with and ex wife and her attitude towards me and parenting and the associated things that go along with it. The recession of 08 and losing a good businessdid not help out and it all finally caught up with me.

I had stress level scales ran and the docs said I was off the scale and needed to do something. Life had other ideas. Laying in the hospital dying made no difference either.

I fully understand way police officers have the stress they do, and what it does to their bodies. I was a firefighter for 8 years and know what an adrenhlin (sp?)dump into your system is. That was nothing until I faced a armed convicted second degree murderer about ready to rob a store next to ours, and when I had to stop another person from harming others. Going to that level of stress a couple times a day is unbelievable.

I would not say nobody needs Testosterone treatment. In some cases it may really be needed.

I do think it's important to ask yourself if all options have been tried first. Before taking any meds.
If your weight is good. Your stress under control. And you eating [Drinking] habits are also good.

The quick easy fixes we get from meds. Will cost you in the end.
Once you become a ''Pill Popper'' You have given up. And even though you are still alive. You've given up that virility for life.

Be honest with yourself. ''Am I doing all I can with diet and exercise''?
Then take only what medicine you need.

Do you see a common theme in this thread about health over 40?
Many of the healthiest people posting here. Have gone through a health crisis. Me included.

When I was younger I could eat or drink anything, but now days I am thankful God has given me one of those systems that is immediately aware of something bad just consumed; for example:
  • Diet drinks = terrible headache and upset stomach
  • Decaf anything = terrible headache and upset stomach
  • MSG = creepy feeling and all over body aches and headache
  • Dehydration = muscle cramping, and if not addressed in time, I end up laying on the floor with lower back pains so intense I have to go to the ER for a shot of pain killer to release the muscle spasms. Also, dehydration causes my vision to degrade.
  • Cigarettes = I went to smoking after my divorce 6 years ago just because I felt like it. Results were intense acid re-flux, sexual desire went to zero and overall I felt like a lazy pig. I quit shortly thereafter.
  • Fruit Juice and Soda (MtDew or Apple juice for example) = causes weight gain since my body has no idea what to do with the massive amount of sugar, so it puts it to belly fat immediately. Causes bloating. This is irritating since I am in shape and generally on the slender side.
  • Junk food (Chips for example) = upset stomach and acid re-flux
  • Medication (Pain Killers) = feels good at first, but after a couple days anxiety kicks in with a strange sense that I should keep taking them to chase that first good feeling...the beginning of addiction. As soon as I feel this, the meds go bye bye.
  • Red meat = small amount is okay, but pig out and my system plugs up
Good news?
  • Hydration = good eyes and overall wellness
  • Whole fruits and steamed vegies = body, head and stomach feel good
  • Rice & Potatoes = same as above
  • Chicken = same as above
  • Smoothies with whole fruit and veggies = same as above...good stuff.

My $0.02 :D

A little update. I did the sleep study deal and, I have 52 events an hour. 83% oxygen level. I guess this doesn't help me with energy during the day.
I'm gonna be positive and make this machine work.

Dude...from an old EMT, that 83% oxygen level is a serious problem. That is a seriously compromised oxygen sat.

If I was treating you, you would have on some high flow O2 right away. Do what it takes to get that back up in the low 90's minimum. I was in the ER today for my usual gut issues, and I was 94% on room air.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top