JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A couple of years ago, I was meeting a member from here, down near Woodburn, OR.
After we met and I bought a really nice Leupold scope from him, I decided to drive down a country road behind the truck stop we met at and look for a quiet rural dead end road that I could test a 9mm pistol that I had just worked on.
After driving a mile or two, I found the perfect place. It was an abandoned farm house with acres of empty land around it.
I pulled into the driveway and was going to discharge the firearm into a shallow ditch when I heard some voices.
I walked around the old house and of all things I found parked behind it were two county sheriffs and a state trooper.
They were discussing the legalities of entering the old farm house without a warrant to look for a meth lab.
I quietly walked away and thanked my lucky stars that I didn't start blasting away into that ditch.

Last Edited:
I live in Beaverton, where it is illegal to discharge a firearm or a bow. Moments ago, driving home with the kids, there is a coyote standing in the neighbors field, frozen in space. If no noise, who would know?
-
if no noise .. Then You and latter-on the Farmer hitting him with the Plow or Combine would be the only ones to know . proper Etiquette is to drag out the Coyotes from owners fields because no one like plowing old carcass .

( for years ) I have used and am using at this time ( 30-221rem. whisper/ 300BO ) or what name want to call it, Suppressed and for Only hunting Coyote . . I use it only Suppressed for High-Vel. and Subsonic . it is a Caliber a 'specific tool ' used for a specific need that has it's Plus and Minus just like any other Caliber . After shooting, loading for both Bolt & AR and hunting with it for years .
Suppressed 300BO/30-221 Rem. does only fill adequately a very ' Small niche ' .
Quiet .. Have killed way more Coyote using a Suppressed .22lr . & for ' Quiet ' .22lr is a far better Cal. choice and accuracy than the 300bo cal. ever dreamed of being for Suppressed subsonic killing of varmint .
Plus using the .22lr sub-vel Suppressed is a no-Brainer on the main reason that using .300BO at (Subsonic Velocity ) for Coyote . 99.9 % of all subsonic bullets fired are going to be a Pass-Threw after impact on the Coyote . At any Range used and with any bullet of choice .30 cal. 90 to 240 grain weight . you need 100% to know your backstop .
-
People are arguing about the justification/reason of killing of Coyotes on this thread . Nobody needs a reason, but They NEED to be, when people sleep, Coyote are running, eating, screwing, getting an education and making a healthy living here in the Cush. OR. valleys .
Impossible to get any accurate census population count on them anyway, but I honestly think people have NO idea of there population size . I hear and see so many coyotes running at night hunting, that it would freakout the average property owner . Sometime it even freaks me out .

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top