JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've seen coyotes in a field right by the airport and off fourth plain in the middle of vancouver.
Coyotes I enjoy to see.

Homeless people are the real problem making their way in vancouver.
Those could use a suppressed 300

Having interacted with a lot of homeless people, and having been nearly homeless myself, I caution against that. Most are not scum, and many may be veterans.
https://www.hudexchange.info/resources/documents/ahar-2013-part1.pdf

Shooting a predator rarely helps, and usually harms the ecosystem.

Agreed. I'm not one to indiscriminately kill critters. Where I live, humans (and cars, etc) are Coyote's only predator.
My ego-centric ecosystem has my cats as small creature control and mine are effective. If a coyote intersects with that, so be it. If I can prevent it, so be it. While I appreciate their niche and effectiveness, I'm not here to kumbaya with them. I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

I don't mind coyotes. If anything, I think there needs to be more coyotes where I live. Those pesky wabbits and squirrels keep ruining my vegetable garden. :mad:

Are those enough of a reason to want a suppressed .300 BLK?

I could see shooting coyote for the fur. Maybe not just to shoot him. But that's just my take; I leave it to my neighbors to shoot coyotes if they please, or not. None of my business.

As to suppressed .300 Blackout, that's for the revolution...

When was the last time a coyote attacked a human in your area?
. I have encountered a lot of coyotes. I have been close enough to a few to kick em in the nose. I don't believe in killing for bubblegums and giggles. I have killed exactly one coyote because it was charging me and I have zero doubt that it would have attacked if I didn't shoot it when I did. People that say coyotes don't attack are dead wrong. You just don't hear about it very often.

There are a LOT more attacks by dogs, both owned pets and feral, than there are by coyotes, wolves, cougars and bears combined - yet people don't go around shooting dogs on sight.

It is kind of a mindset that humans have to kill any predator on sight - they may justify it as a threat, but they mostly think of it as competition. That is the justification my neighbor gave for wanting to kill one of the resident cougars here on the mountain; that it was competition for deer - which he doesn't hunt here, he hunts elsewhere.

dorothy-big.jpg

20 years back I'd only hear coyotes at night. Now you have to watch for them darting across the highway they've become so plentiful.
And subsequently, the deer herd is much smaller.
So it may be time to thin the doggies back some.
And of course, now we have (3 & growing) wolf packs in the mix to diminish elk, deer, livestock. Brilliant.

And I love 300 BLK. Med range .308, tons of fun to shoot, and I'm not into that Ruskie/taliban 7.62x39.

When was the last time a coyote attacked a human in your area?

There has only ever been one documented coyote on human attack in Oregon; in 2012 in a state park.

When you kill a coyote in any area, another coyote comes in from outside the area to replace it.

It is better to teach the coyote to fear humans with hazing than it is to kill them.
Why does a human necessarily needs t be attacked? It's just the prime time of year to harvest a lush, mature pelt :D

I don't comprehend why people move to an area and let their cats run wild and then complain about losing their beloved family member, when a predator kills them.
If you love them, keep them inside and alive.

There's a good reason you're not allowed to discharge a firearm in the city.
If you're really considering this, you are the reason yet another limiting law will be passed on those who use good judgement.

We live in the 'burbs, a few miles from a National Park. Deer live in the reserve by some wetlands, and the occasional coyote wanders by. Our dogs are big enough (100 lb GSD, two 75 lb Collies) to hold their own in the unlikely event that a coyote would wander into our fenced yard. Our two cats never go outdoors; letting your cat out is a sure cure for its longevity. Keep your cat in.

Indiscriminate shooting of wildlife gives all of us a bad name, hunters or not.

Regards,

Walt

I like the idea of suppressed firearms . Not disturbing all the wildlife within earshot while hunting makes sense to me.
Also around here , every few years it seems we get someone who moves close to a well known and well marked gun range , then complains of gunshots and other noise.
Maybe , if suppressors were more easily available that might stop some "complaints" .
As for shooting a coyote in town / city limits ... You had better have a good / life threatening reason to do so.
The risks of injury , damage to property and maybe death to someone , might out weigh the death of one coyote.
We all know that bullets can do weird things at times , even with what seems to be or feels to be a "perfect" shot.
Andy

On a lighter note ... With my luck , if I took that shot that OP describes , every game warden and law enforcement officer around would be having a picnic lunch just out of sight and "invite" me to a secure location to discuss my actions LOL
Andy

I live in BF Egypt and have live stock from cattle to chickens.

Have lost calves, goats, chickens, ducks and geese to coyotes over the years, I don't much fret overs farm cats, but my critters that supply my family with food are another issue altogether.

ANY coyote that I get a bead on within Five clicks of the homestead are goners if I can get a shot at em and I'll offer no apologies for it.

To each their own as far as the .300 blackout. In my opinion it's a flash in the pan cartridge that many are glomming onto because the military is using it as a silenced sniper, and we all know the fellas that just have to get that sort of stuff.

It's a milk toast cartridge when loaded with the projectiles and FPS requirements of subsonic performance. Hell a .30-30 out performs it:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top