JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's easy to add a 1913 stock onto pretty much any ar type pistol (or anything else for that matter).
Indeed. Plus, in the case of an AR in 22 the standard buffer assembly isn't needed as part of normal function so the options really open up.

Part of the welded suppressor idea is that you can then run anything on the butt end with no need for the second stamp.

Last Edited:
I would hold a 15-22 in your hands (if you haven't yet) before ever getting one. It's like a plastic nerf gun. But it's reliable and mine has a binary trigger which is the only reason I keep it.
I don't hate the 15-22 and have had some hands on time with it. I do poke fun at it and it's glorified nerf gun vibe, but I have no real gripes with it. All the proprietary stuff is annoying...

Currently I/we can't get one in WA anyway. What's weird though is I/we CAN get the Walther tac R1.

I don't hate the 15-22 and have had some hands on time with it. I do poke fun at it and it's glorified nerf gun vibe, but I have no real gripes with it. All the proprietary stuff is annoying...

Currently I/we can't get one in WA anyway. What's weird though is I/we CAN get the Walther tac R1.
I believe he Walther tac r1 is basically the same as Walther hk 416. It should have outstanding quality and reliability if it's liek its sister clones. Hk416 .22 pistol is one of my favorite guns. Hk 416, mp5, g36, tac1 colt m4, beretta arx 160 all share the same internals like bolt, trigger group, and magazines. They are all excellent. Most if not all have adjustable bolt speed. I have the hk 416, a couple mp5s, and used to have the colt. A $15 spring kit from hkparts vastly improves the trigger. My hk 416 pistol (8-9" barrel as I recall) is quite a bit more accurate than my 16" 15-22. Can't use AR triggers in the Walther clones but they are well made. The magazines are outstanding quality.

Walther mp5 .22 uses different magazine than tac1 etc. but very similar trigger group, bolt etc. HK 416 pistol is similar size with folding brace and suppressor attached.
C49B6B61-B925-4658-A4F7-6825A39121B9.png
My hk 416 pistol has is like this but has 1913 folding brace attached.
FBDC64CE-CAC1-4C8E-8CE2-D519529BB379.jpeg
Similar to this but that 4" brace/reciever extension or whatever it is is not needed
5B4856FF-6EBF-4A16-8E75-F271397D30FD.jpeg

Last Edited:
I believe he Walther tac r1 is basically the same as Walther hk 416. It should have outstanding quality and reliability if it's liek its sister clones. Hk416 .22 pistol is one of my favorite guns. Hk 416, mp5, g36, tac1 colt m4, beretta arx 160 all share the same internals like bolt, trigger group, and magazines. They are all excellent. Most if not all have adjustable bolt speed. I have the hk 416, a couple mp5s, and used to have the colt. A $15 spring kit from hkparts vastly improves the trigger. My hk 416 pistol (8-9" barrel as I recall) is quite a bit more accurate than my 16" 15-22. Can't use AR triggers in the Walther clones but they are well made. The magazines are outstanding quality.

Walther mp5 .22 uses different magazine than tac1 etc. but very similar trigger group, bolt etc.
View attachment 1826911
A resounding yes to everything you said!

Seriously looking at the Tac R1. Especially since I can somehow buy it in WA. Still haven't figured out how that is, but I'm not gonna argue. I know I can get the 416 as well, but I like the full length rail on the R1.

Wouldn't mind getting a 416 pistol, but those are restricted here. However, again, the 416 rifle is not.

If your open to starting fresh, I'd get a 10/22 and them get a AB suppressor MELB. Its an integrally suppressed barrel.

The thing i like about the AB rimfire cans is the baffles are screw in, and shaped like a die. So even if its carbon/lead locked, you can still undo them and it cleans them in the process as well.
Yes, I'm on a AB kick lately.

If your open to starting fresh, I'd get a 10/22 and them get a AB suppressor MELB. Its an integrally suppressed barrel.

The thing i like about the AB rimfire cans is the baffles are screw in, and shaped like a die. So even if its carbon/lead locked, you can still undo them and it cleans them in the process as well.
Yes, I'm on a AB kick lately.
An integrally suppressed 10/22 isn't off the table. However, it be would its own little beast and wouldn't replace the current setup being discussed.

I looked at the little bird you recommended and I really like it. Makes a lot of sense with a suppressor that would be welded on.

Last Edited:
I would hold a 15-22 in your hands (if you haven't yet) before ever getting one. It's like a plastic nerf gun. But it's reliable and mine has a binary trigger which is the only reason I keep it. Buying a stamp for one gun for a suppressor makes no sense to me personally when you can buy one stamp for the suppressor and use it on 5,10, 30 different .22s how ever many you have. Sparrow suppressor is $160 right now +$200 = $360 cost for ALL your .22s. Integrally suppressed barrel = massive cost plus stamp for only ONE gun. With the money saved could easily buy another 8" gun like the mp5 or hk 416 pistol or etc. in addition to the rifle.
Where can I get the sparrow for $160? I'm in.

Where can I get the sparrow for $160? I'm in.
Can't find it. I must not have posted the link. It was about 1.5 mo ago. I remember being surprised cuz they aren't usually that cheap. It's possible it was a used one at a shop local to Pdx also, I can't remember. I remember thinking the only one I've seen that cheap was creative arms at $150 non-sale price and if sparrow was that close I would just get the sparrow. Creative arms are excellent but check to make sure it's one that can be broken down for cleaning. I've shot many thousands of rounds through mine with no cleaning but I treated it with ceramic protectant (really slippery) about 3 times when I first got it. Also I only shoot clean .22 ammo (cci standard velocity is the dirtiest i use).

Can't find it. I must not have posted the link. It was about 1.5 mo ago. I remember being surprised cuz they aren't usually that cheap. It's possible it was a used one at a shop local to Pdx also, I can't remember. I remember thinking the only one I've seen that cheap was creative arms at $150 non-sale price and if sparrow was that close I would just get the sparrow. Creative arms are excellent but check to make sure it's one that can be broken down for cleaning. I've shot many thousands of rounds through mine with no cleaning but I treated it with ceramic protectant (really slippery) about 3 times when I first got it. Also I only shoot clean .22 ammo (cci standard velocity is the dirtiest i use).
Yeah, so far I haven't seen the sparrow for less than $260.

Liking the 10.5 barrel with the Little Bird @SCARed recommended. Weld 'em up and call it a day.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews