JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The PSA Gen4 AR9 has proved satisfying.
I started with an 8" upper that has a BCM GF charging handle and KVP BCG.
Aero lower with BCM LPK, SBA3 brace and Law folder.
I'm using a carbine tube, Vltor A5H4 buffer and a Rifle spring for the action.
Stuck a KVP muzzle thingy on the end and a few things from the parts drawers and feed it with Endomags.
LOP with the folder came in at the ragged edge of 13.5". 18" folded and fits in my backpack.
72Zlo5Ll.jpg
4aEPTRPl.jpg
4Jo1usol.jpg

I have a Diamondback DB9R - one of my many whimsical purchases. I like the build quality but couldn't get it to feed with any ammo or magazines combination. Should have it back next week.

29CFDD95-F68E-42FE-A946-683CB73FAD11.jpeg
771B6E2E-DC10-4C2E-A97B-90D0492495EF.jpeg

Last Edited:
As others have mentioned, after owning several AR style 9mm pistol/rifles, I went with the PSA AKV 9mm pistol. Wow that is one fun gun!! It's not going to win softest recoil award but then again it's not meant to. I like it for how its different feeling than an AR type weapon. I mean let's face it 9mm doesn't have much for recoil anyways.

I went with CMMG radial guts, and aero XL upper, cheap poly lower, cmmg's pmag conversions and an odin works handguard to tuck a suppressor. Total was about $800. Depends on how you build out the lower though.

As I noted in a similar thread, Brigade came through with the replacement part under warranty.
You can tell that, like many other manufacturers, Brigade uses MIM IN CERTAIN LOCATIONS.

BRIGADE BOLT LOCK 2.jpg

I have a 22 lr dedicated CMMG upper I bought used about 10 years ago and last year it broke . CMMG warranteed it and it actually runs better than new. I would buy the CMG buy nice and buy once.

Now that I've messed around with mine a bunch now I'm looking the CMMG kit, which is what I should have done to begin with.
CMMG BCG and 8" barrel.
Aero upper and 9" handguard
CMMG Pmag guts.

I built up a Primary Weapons Systems pistol kit that I got from Rainier; got a complete upper and a stripped lower. Finished it with a Vortex red dot. What a blast to shoot; uses Glock mags (like most of them). Shoots perfectly, not one issue. LRHO works great, really a fun gun to shoot. Not cheap, but a really great gun.

While a long ways from an AR, the Ruger 9mm carbines are pretty nice rifles, as well.

At $350 for just the BCG and barrel I'll have to wait a bit to try it.
But I will be getting a new upper to replace the PSA one.
It's functional but that's about it.
Buy once, cry once is so true.

I just cut down the internal BCG weight so it adds a bit more mass to the system.
I had removed it to use the Law folder with the adapter. They both weigh the same so I removed it but it feels like it could use some more.
With the BCG + weight, law adapter and 6.8oz buffer it should put me where it needs to be.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top