JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Believe me I am the same. I like cheap and easy :D. When I first saw these Extar and then saw some reviews, I wanted one. Price was great and they just work. If I could have gotten one I doubt I would have even bothered to learn how to make my own. Of course now that I can make my own, and it's so damn fun, I have all kinds of stuff I want to spend money on.:D:D:D
Much better option even if it is a little more expensive! Freedom is NOT free!

Here is an example to get the main 3 components at close to $300. If you can pull off an upper, lower parts build kit, and forend for $200ish, total will be close to $500.

Pretty good price for that lower, so I ordered one. I've been researching them recently and found some reports that it doesn't like the Korean 33? round magazines. Just fyi.
Thanks for posting the link, Reno.

Pretty good price for that lower, so I ordered one. I've been researching them recently and found some reports that it doesn't like the Korean 33? round magazines. Just fyi.
Thanks for posting the link, Reno.
No problem, I'm really good at spending other people's money on NWFA!

I have a PSA and a Angstadt both with 10.5" barrels. I like them both, the Angstadt is more 'refined' but the PSA is more robust and it is no nonsense. I bought the PSA as a completed upper and lower. The main thing If you build, is like a AR-10 rifle, uppers and lowers have to be compatible, usually that means same manufacturer but not absolutely.

It is mixed as to which of my two is the better. My wife seems to think she needs both, one for downstairs and one upstairs. Both shoot well..

The Angstadt costs more and it shows. The PSA is a bargain.

I've built a couple now. First one I went economical with standard ar lower with endo mags but did use decent barrel and bolt. Second one I did the frontier armory glock mag lower with lrbho and the rest top shelf parts. You know what? they both run like raped apes and eat any ammo I feed em. Wife and I use them on a dueling tree and take turns with each build. They both perform great! I don't really have delusions of them being shtf weapons, so not sure how crazy you really need to go.

9mm AR Pistol from PGS MFG with Last Round Bolt Hold Open.
logo_pgs9-85p-101_4645.jpg
•Lower: 7075 T6 Billet Aluminum Lower Receiver
•Upper: 7075 T6 Billet Aluminum Upper Receiver
•Trigger: Single Stage Mil-Spec
•Brace: SB Tactical SBA3
•Muzzle Device: 1/2x28 Thread Protector
•Handguard: 7" Freefloat M-lok
•Barrel: Faxon 4150 QPQ 8.5" 9mm Barrel Nitried Finish 1/2x28 thread pitch
•Bolt Carrier Group: Faxon Gen 2 PCC 9mm Bolt Carrier Nitride Finish
•Grip: Magpul K2
•Safety: Ambidextrous Safety
•Charging Handle: Tactical
•Magazine: 40rd ETS 9mm (Glock Style)
•Castle Nut: PWS Rachet w/ QD Mount
•Gas System: Blowback
•Features: Last Round Bolt Hold Open (Not common on most Glock style AR Pistols) The LRBHO has been tuned for OEM style Glock Magazines
•Weight (Empty): 5.5lbs

9mm AR Pistol from PGS MFG with Last Round Bolt Hold Open.
View attachment 648545
•Lower: 7075 T6 Billet Aluminum Lower Receiver
•Upper: 7075 T6 Billet Aluminum Upper Receiver
•Trigger: Single Stage Mil-Spec
•Brace: SB Tactical SBA3
•Muzzle Device: 1/2x28 Thread Protector
•Handguard: 7" Freefloat M-lok
•Barrel: Faxon 4150 QPQ 8.5" 9mm Barrel Nitried Finish 1/2x28 thread pitch
•Bolt Carrier Group: Faxon Gen 2 PCC 9mm Bolt Carrier Nitride Finish
•Grip: Magpul K2
•Safety: Ambidextrous Safety
•Charging Handle: Tactical
•Magazine: 40rd ETS 9mm (Glock Style)
•Castle Nut: PWS Rachet w/ QD Mount
•Gas System: Blowback
•Features: Last Round Bolt Hold Open (Not common on most Glock style AR Pistols) The LRBHO has been tuned for OEM style Glock Magazines
•Weight (Empty): 5.5lbs
Just like a gun magazine review. Listed every possible spec. And do not give MSRP.

Seems like the options are expanding. :)
Whichever you pick I if you want to shoot flat nose make sure it has a feed ramp. The one I have for sale is picky about hollow points. Critical duty from Hornady runs like a top. But some of the wide nose bullets had some failures to feed.

Whichever you pick I if you want to shoot flat nose make sure it has a feed ramp. The one I have for sale is picky about hollow points. Critical duty from Hornady runs like a top. But some of the wide nose bullets had some failures to feed.
This brings up a good Point. When I bought my first 9mm AR upper the barrel that came with it has a feed ramp. When I bought the first Pistol upper (FM) it did not. I was wondering about it. So far it's been great but I have not tried any SMC type ammo. Was wondering if any have tried putting a feed ramp on one? Sure seemed to me like they would have to be "better" with one although almost all the barrels I am seeing for sale for 9mm in pistol length come without one.

This brings up a good Point. When I bought my first 9mm AR upper the barrel that came with it has a feed ramp. When I bought the first Pistol upper (FM) it did not. I was wondering about it. So far it's been great but I have not tried any SMC type ammo. Was wondering if any have tried putting a feed ramp on one? Sure seemed to me like they would have to be "better" with one although almost all the barrels I am seeing for sale for 9mm in pistol length come without one.
If I am not planning on a self defense gun or comp gun I wouldn't care. It is something to think about for sure though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top