JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like my Extar EP9

View attachment 647731

The only reason I do not own one of these is how they are not able to make them fast enough:D. The price they sell for along with the reviews make them something I very much wanted. The Co that makes them in is a great spot to be. As fast as they come off the line they are sold. Damn great idea he came up with. :):)

They coming out with a pistol version AR?

BD31A892-48C1-49E9-A72E-6ADF4DA98CF1.jpeg

I do like the CMMG DELAYED BOLT action. But that was more important with the 10mm. While it would be nice to have, don't know that it would have the same level of impact on the 9.

I've looked at Palmetto. No LRBHO. And while its a small amount, it does seem to be more $$$ than the FX-9 / Brigade.

Foxtrot Mike is an option.

I've looked at building my own. If I understand things, a build doesn't seem to make economic sense. And no warranty. IDK ...

Thanks for the input.

Terry
Have you considered doing a build? It's what I did because I couldn't get all the features I wanted in the price range I was looking at. Then again I wanted to run on Colt mags and have LRBHO ...with a side charging upper.

If you're not against waiting, Grand Power is supposed to be releasing a roller delayed blowback version of their regular blowback Stribog which is on the market in the US currently. Expected date is any time in 2020, nothing more defined than that at the moment.

The only reason I do not own one of these is how they are not able to make them fast enough:D. The price they sell for along with the reviews make them something I very much wanted. The Co that makes them in is a great spot to be. As fast as they come off the line they are sold. Damn great idea he came up with. :):)
Extar EP9 is a fun little pistol. Even though it's shorter than you want it is Reliable, very light weight, soft shooting and very affordable. I run mine with a Ti9 can and even my daughter loves to shoot it. I suggest order one and be patient. 836C32EA-C505-4F22-A401-F12F9762752C.jpeg

Extar EP9 is a fun little pistol. Even though it's shorter than you want it is Reliable, very light weight, soft shooting and very affordable. I run mine with a Ti9 can and even my daughter loves to shoot it. I suggest order one and be patient. View attachment 648030

Looks nice. I myself don't need one any more. Finally learned to just build my own. Of course this one costs me a LOT more than one Extar would have run. In a way I guess its kind of nice I could not lay hands on one. If I had I may not have bothered to learn to make these. Its getting costly now that I can build as there seems to be no end to the stuff to buy now. :D:D

ltf1.png

I have looked into building my own. While it would be cool to do so, the cheap S.O.B. in me looks at the cost comparison with buying new and scratches his head. I'd think that there would be savings in rollin my own, but there doesn't appear to be.

I have looked into building my own. While it would be cool to do so, the cheap S.O.B. in me looks at the cost comparison with buying new and scratches his head. I'd think that there would be savings in rollin my own, but there doesn't appear to be.
The one nice thing about the 9mm is their are less parts needed.

The big 3 for AR9s are the lower, bolt and barrel. Each of those is usually $100ish. If you can put the rest together in $100-$200 you'll beat most factory assembled guns.

Thanks Reno, you've peaked my interest. Got links? :)
Here is an example to get the main 3 components at close to $300. If you can pull off an upper, lower parts build kit, and forend for $200ish, total will be close to $500.

This barrel is less and in stock. As long as you don't mind 1/2x36

Believe me I am the same. I like cheap and easy :D. When I first saw these Extar and then saw some reviews, I wanted one. Price was great and they just work. If I could have gotten one I doubt I would have even bothered to learn how to make my own. Of course now that I can make my own, and it's so damn fun, I have all kinds of stuff I want to spend money on.:D:D:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top