JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I am not planning on a self defense gun or comp gun I wouldn't care. It is something to think about for sure though.
I have been tempted to buy just another barrel to play with. Since I proved out the one pistol I have so far it is just fun for now but is kept loaded with good ammo at home. Since it would be a dandy home gun. I guess I really should buy a few boxes of some kind of SWC ammo next time just for grins to see what it does with them. Did some searching and there is a lot of talk of problems with AR9's that use Glock mags having issues due to the no ramp. Even one place offering a ramp that is installed in the lowers. Guess if mine just keep working though maybe I should leave well enough alone. One of those "If it aint broke don't fix it" things ;)
Strangely enough the rifle upper I have that does have a ramp, has given me some hiccups. It "looks" to me to be a problem with the bolt though. Just have not cared enough to play with it yet since I built the pistol one. Pistol version has been too damn much fun:)

This brings up a good Point. When I bought my first 9mm AR upper the barrel that came with it has a feed ramp. When I bought the first Pistol upper (FM) it did not. I was wondering about it. So far it's been great but I have not tried any SMC type ammo. Was wondering if any have tried putting a feed ramp on one? Sure seemed to me like they would have to be "better" with one although almost all the barrels I am seeing for sale for 9mm in pistol length come without one.
Most AR barrels in 9mm have a ramped circular ring, instead of a singular ramp. Some are better and deeper than others.
1578698756899.jpeg
1578699091020.jpeg
Taccom makes a barrel with a sizable feed ramp. Im uncertain to how much it helps as the mag still sits with the bullet facing pretty much right at the chamber. It also will not work with LRBHO.

1578698853399.jpeg

Most AR barrels in 9mm have a ramped circular ring, instead of a singular ramp. Some are better and deeper than others.
View attachment 648720
View attachment 648722
Taccom makes a barrel with a sizable feed ramp. Im uncertain to how much it helps as the mag still sits with the bullet facing pretty much right at the chamber. It also will not work with LRBHO.

View attachment 648721
The pistol barrel that came with my FM looks like the top ones. I have seen some barrels for sale that look like the bottom one but they were sold as for the ones that use the Colt MGM's since they feed from both sides instead of the middle. As mentioned I guess if mine does not start giving problems I should just not worry about it :D

No issues with LRBHO with my ramped Taccom barrel and Nordic components lower with either the Glock or M&P magwells....

I too, am uncertain if the ramp helps at all with Glock mags. I haven't really looked into is as I don't run Glock mags all that much, I prefer to run M&P mags instead.

I do know for a fact that you cannot run the ramped Taccom barrel with Endo mag conversion kits without heavy mods to the kit and mag.

Taccom does not list a non ramped barrel on their site, but PSA does.
I ordered one to run in another upper and it has been flawless with the Endo kits. Even the modded kit/mag runs fine with the non ramped barrel.
I thought I might have issues since I had to take so much material off the kit/mag. Was expecting reliability to suffer a bit, but that proved not to be the case...

I've put just over 300 fun filled trouble free rounds through my FX-9, (8' barrelled version)- I bought it used used from Northwest Armoury just before Christmas. My only gripe is the teensy charging handle, it really sucks and because it's not a "true" AR, your only option is the FO enhanced handle....I have one on the way to me.

That aside BHO works every time and I'm using Glock 19 OEM and Korean 33's

Well, did the deed this am and bought the Brigade 9". :D

Used WIKIARMS and found a dealer who was selling it for $612.35 and charging $19.95 shipping with no tax. It might take a couple days to get out cause they drop ship them. Add a few days for UPS to do their thing and I'll be out ringin steel with the new kid on the block. :):):):):)

This will be the 1st new 1 for 2020. :D

Well, did the deed this am and bought the Brigade 9". :D

Used WIKIARMS and found a dealer who was selling it for $612.35 and charging $19.95 shipping with no tax. It might take a couple days to get out cause they drop ship them. Add a few days for UPS to do their thing and I'll be out ringin steel with the new kid on the block. :):):):):)

This will be the 1st new 1 for 2020. :D
Best lay in some ammo too. As soon as you start with these things they are just too much fun!:D
Looking forward to seeing yours and hearing how you like it:)

There's a letter from ATF stating that "occasional " shoulder use is not illegal.
I've never had a range question shoulder use.
I did have a RSO question if I could use what he thought was a rifle on the pistol range.
I told him that "ATF says that this is a pistol " and he just shrugged and walked off. :cool:

There's a letter from ATF stating that "occasional " shoulder use is not illegal.
I've never had a range question shoulder use.
I did have a RSO question if I could use what he thought was a rifle on the pistol range.
I told him that "ATF says that this is a pistol " and he just shrugged and walked off. :cool:

funny because most ranges base things off caliber, not how the atf classifies them,

Hi. I just started looking for a AR9 pistol.
Do you get in trouble if you shoulder AR9 pistol at the gun ranges?
I had at first worried about this. My range has signs saying any kind of stuff like this, PCC's, AR pistols, AK pistols, Ronnie's, ect, they have to see it and OK it, before you shoot. I think they are just after caliber but was not sure. I was first time out wondering if they would have a problem with both that it was made by me, and that it was a pistol with a brace. They looked, I said it's 9mm, they waved me back. They have never said another word. Now of course ranges are like everything run by people. This does not mean yours will be like mine. All you can do is ask BEFORE you pay and make sure. If yours has a problem with it arguing is most likely going to get nothing. So if one has a problem with it all you could do is find a different one.

funny because most ranges base things off caliber, not how the atf classifies them,

Since I prefer to shoot out in the wilds, I rarely go to ranges. This winter I went to 1 run by the Idaho Dept of Parks. They didn't ask anything other than rifle or pistol. Don't think it would have mattered because that day I only had 10mm & 9mm.

My indoor range limits caliber to 223/5.56.

I need to put in an update on this thread.

I did enjoy shootin the BM9, but literally the next day I found out about the Fostech Echo edition. Well, i had to have it. So I'm giving the BM9 to my son for his 21st Bday and keeping the Echo.

BM-9 TRUCK BED.jpg MISC PICS 103.jpg

I thought that was the end of it.

But ... turns out that I have an unknown to me connection that can get me a rippin deal on a FRANKLIN ARMORY PDW C7.

sigh ... oh well ;)

franklin armory4.jpg

Since I prefer to shoot out in the wilds, I rarely go to ranges. This winter I went to 1 run by the Idaho Dept of Parks. They didn't ask anything other than rifle or pistol. Don't think it would have mattered because that day I only had 10mm & 9mm.

My indoor range limits caliber to 223/5.56.

Ok - to clarify, pretty much all ranges have a rifle or pistol range, but despite the title which covers most peoples' understanding of what to use on that range, they also often/always have limitations on the calibers that can be shot on each.

At the range I am a member of, they have a rifle and pistol range, but .223, 7.62x39, 300 Blk out are restricted to the rifle range, even though there are pistols in those configurations.

A 10mm or 9mm carbine could be shot at either range, because although it is a rifle, it is still a pistol energy caliber.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top