JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't want to laugh at people's misfortune. But the reporter's word choice in describing the event was a bit too accurate...

News Reporter Nicole Comstock at 3:20...

"...everyone out here was blown away when that truck exploded..."

Ya think?

Bit surprised by how many folks think fireworks are just freedom sparklers, they are very real and dangerous explosive devices that should be banned or regulated, not because you don't deserve to have them, but to save homes, wildlife, and lives. We can love America without hurting other Americans or our land. If a bomb squad can't control them how do we expect regular people too.

oops my mistake didn't see other thread. Feel free to remove mods

Last Edited:
Ya just gotta love "EXPERTS' ....
..... they seem to find new and exciting ways to fauci-up even the most basic parts of their jobs.

But, "experts" have been with us for years.... only because lately as the population seems to be dumbing-down, have we made them Deities.

"ex"... "former, in the past, at one time, ignoring"
"pert" (a`dj.) mid-13c., "what should be obvious , unconcealed, manifest, apparent to the eye;"

Here people, let the Professionals show you how to do this safely. :s0140:
I wonder if the person in charge here went to the same school as the guy who was in charge of trying to blow up that dead Whale in OR years ago.

Bit surprised by how many folks think fireworks are just freedom sparklers, they are very real and dangerous explosive devices that should be banned or regulated, not because you don't deserve to have them, but to save homes, wildlife, and lives. We can love America without hurting other Americans or our land. If a bomb squad can't control them how do we expect regular people too.
By regulated we should only let professionals like these guys have them huh? Kind of sounds like that DEA agent who proudly told that class room full of kids he was the only one there qualified to handle a firearm. Just before he shot himself and it was only dumb luck none of the kids was hit.

By regulated we should only let professionals like these guys have them huh? Kind of sounds like that DEA agent who proudly told that class room full of kids he was the only one there qualified to handle a firearm. Just before he shot himself and it was only dumb luck none of the kids was hit.
Ideally no one should be handling high explosives unless highly trained. Human error is inevitable all we can do is reduce that risk of damage to life and property.

Hmmm....

IED's that are strong enough to blow up a heavy vehicle... Where have we seen that before?
Not sure I'd qualify a pile of fireworks legally sold in other states (which California bans) as IEDs, hardly improvised. Manufactured to do exactly what they did. But you put a cache of explosives in a small enclosed space… pressure is pressure.

Not a big fan of fireworks....however with that said...
I am also not a fan of banning them either.

For those that enjoy fireworks...
Enjoy them.
Please keep in mind safety and fire hazards.
Also please remember that some folks and many pets don't care for loud noises...Especially in the wee hours of the morning.

Freedom needs to be expressed and enjoyed.
Freedom also means that others are free to differ with you...and that does not always mean that they are wrong , or that they need to stop what they are doing...
It may just mean that they differ from you.
Andy

I don't trust the media to tell the truth about anything anymore.

Whatever was put into that truck was a lot stouter than the police were expecting. It makes me wonder if we're moving into a more dangerous phase of the "mostly peaceful protests".

Hopefully, it was simply a bunch of fireworks, and the police were just having a bad day.

I don't trust the media to tell the truth about anything anymore.

Whatever was put into that truck was a lot stouter than the police were expecting. It makes me wonder if we're moving into a more dangerous phase of the "mostly peaceful protests".

Hopefully, it was simply a bunch of fireworks, and the police were just having a bad day.
I have no issue with speculation and trust in media, and you're right we don't know the full details. But in my rudimentary explosives knowledge depending on poundage that truck is probably designed to transport this kind of stuff, but really doesn't matter if the pressure builds up so quick. You are actually kinda right, the truck itself turned into an IED as the sides of strong steel turned to shrapnel outward. Glad no one died.

Not a big fan of fireworks....however with that said...
I am also not a fan of banning them either.

For those that enjoy fireworks...
Enjoy them.
Please keep in mind safety and fire hazards.
Also please remember that some folks and many pets don't care for loud noises...Especially in the wee hours of the morning.

Freedom needs to be expressed and enjoyed.
Freedom also means that others are free to differ with you...and that does not always mean that they are wrong , or that they need to stop what they are doing...
It may just mean that they differ from you.
Andy
Fair enough, though I will say if you're around my house and being a dummy with fireworks or really anywhere that risks property or life I'll be the first to turn the hose on you or a bucket of water and ruin those fire works. I'll even pay for them, but reckless behavior with explosives is not freedom.

Fair enough, though I will say if you're around my house and being a dummy with fireworks or really anywhere that risks property or life I'll be the first to turn the hose on you or a bucket of water and ruin those fire works. I'll even pay for them, but reckless behavior with explosives is not freedom.
I think the term "firework" is a bit too all encompassing.

Everyone I know, including myself, has hit up one of the many tents that have popped up and plan to light off those "fireworks" on the 4th for the kiddo's entertainment. You know the ones I'm talking about - they're small sparklers that shoot up, maybe, 15 feet and spread the ashes at most 30 feet from center (assuming no wind). So, perfectly harmless to operate in the cement jungle or the middle of a cul-de-sac.

Now, if you're talking about mortars or anything that goes boom over 50 feet up...then I agree with your statement. There's too much kindling just waiting to catch to launch something up where you don't have control over the destination of the ashes. There's a reason the city does its show over big parks, rivers, lakes, the metro area, etc.

I think the term "firework" is a bit too all encompassing.

Everyone I know, including myself, has hit up one of the many tents that have popped up and plan to light off those "fireworks" on the 4th for the kiddo's entertainment. You know the ones I'm talking about - they're small sparklers that shoot up, maybe, 15 feet and spread the ashes at most 30 feet from center (assuming no wind). So, perfectly harmless to operate in the cement jungle or the middle of a cul-de-sac.

Now, if you're talking about mortars or anything that goes boom over 50 feet up...then I agree with your statement. There's too much kindling just waiting to catch to launch something up where you don't have control over the destination of the ashes. There's a reason the city does its show over big parks, rivers, lakes, the metro area, etc.
Very true. I posted either here or another thread the guidelines of what is an illegal firework for CA, and it's not all fireworks is limited to basically how much control one can have and the factors you mentioned. And good comment great info.

Dont worry the government is here to help protect you............ L.A.'s finest at work again. What's worse, the ATFE is here to figure out what went wrong.......I'm sure that info will be "redefined" a few times also.

:s0125:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads