JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, because of all the leading causes of death chemical explosions is up there? I can't remember the last time I read about one. Every once in a while you hear about some idiot with gasoline. But even then it's rarely.

We don't need more regulation.
Well if you didn't read it
Must never have happened, good to know.

Or would some basic laws on education and maybe making it a little more difficult to just go buy explosives seem reasonable?
It would be much easier to answer your question if you didn't use the term 'explosive' in such a generalized term in nearly all your posts when some of the substances mentioned are not 'technically' an explosive - such as gas, or smokeless and black powder as I originally mentioned.

So do you want to rephrase your question in context of what we are talking about ?

It would be much easier to answer your question if you didn't use the term 'explosive' in such a generalized term in nearly all your posts when some of the substances mentioned are not 'technically' an explosive - such as gas, or smokeless and black powder as I originally mentioned.

So do you want to rephrase your question in context of what we are talking about ?
Nope. But good to know you can't defend your position.

Now answer a question of mine.

how would you feel about your neighbor having full access to those substances with no education on their chemical properties or how to properly use them. No laws against owning them but they do and very well could kill themselves, you, your family, burn your house down and so on. Is their freedom to be an idiot with explosives more important too you than your well being and that of your home and family? Or would some basic laws on education and maybe making it a little more difficult to just go buy explosives seem reasonable?
I'll take a stab at that one...not that anyone does or should give a hoot about what I say.

What my neighbor, or fellow man does concerns me not one whit. What they have concerns me not one whit. They're free to do, have or say anything they want, just so long as it doesn't infringe on me. Until it does infringe on me, it's not my place to do or say anything. If they wanna juggle lit sticks of dynamite while blindfolded, that's just fine by me. If they want to douse their house with gasoline, light it off and roast marshmallows, that's just fine by me too.

World might be a little easier to get along in if people cared less about their neighbor or fellow man and took a little better care of their own affairs.

I'll take a stab at that one...not that anyone does or should give a hoot about what I say.

What my neighbor, or fellow man does concerns me not one whit. What they have concerns me not one whit. They're free to do, have or say anything they want, just so long as it doesn't infringe on me. Until it does infringe on me, it's not my place to do or say anything. If they wanna juggle lit sticks of dynamite while blindfolded, that's just fine by me. If they want to douse their house with gasoline, light it off and roast marshmallows, that's just fine by me too.

World might be a little easier to get along in if people cared less about their neighbor or fellow man and took a little better care of their own affairs.
At least you can answer with the conviction of your beliefs. I respect that. Sad when a man can't. Just deflects.

MY position?

I never stated, indicated or referenced a position on anything. YOU are the one with the 'Position' - which seems to be regulate everything.
You asked me a question and I gave an answer of why I believe what I do. You did…nothing but complain about the premise and deflect. I'm still waiting for your answer.

Ok my answer.

With regard to NON EXPLOSIVE, commonly used, and long term available chemicals, some that are used in a wide range of applications, and are NOT routinely used for nefarious or criminal purposes then I do not believe any regulation is necessary or practical.
Good, thanks.

cf2e6084a2052e1bccd87b913e9e6e7b.jpg

Ok guys let's clear some stuff up here so we get the context right before we really start in on the so called "Experts"
First of all, those were NOT fireworks that were loaded in the back of that rig, those were IEDs found on site and then 10 pounds of TNT added for demo purposes! Second, fireworks are NOT explosives, ( proper term is Energetics BTW) fireworks are Pyrotechnics, there are MAJOR differences!

The Bomb disposal "experts" screwed up big time, pretty much everything they did was flat WRONG! The cashe of Energetics were placed inside the bomb containment/transport truck after the pallet of fireworks had been removed from the sight. The IEDs were NOT scanned to determine what they were composed of, BIG MISTAKE!!! They then added the TNT to the stash inside the disposal unit on site, BIG MISTAKE. Lastly, they decided to demo on site, BIG MISTAKE!

There were so many unknowns in play here, made so much more dangerous with the utter lack of handling and careful invistagating of what they were dealing with! Then, deciding to demo on site was the most stupid thing ever, they are damn lucky no one was killed! Those guys had NO business doing any of what they did, and should all be fired for the grose mishandling if the situation! The ATF agent who was there also dropped the ball big time!

^THIS.

Everyone should read the updated article. 10 lbs of IED (coke can sized devices with fuses) were found among the 5,000 lbs of fireworks. The fireworks were trucked off. The IEDs were placed in the containment vessel.

It is just incomprehensible that they decided to carry out the planned detonation in a residential neighborhood, and without evacuating the residents.

Edit: I don't see anywhere in these articles where they added 10 lbs of TNT. That seems excessive. But if they did, and they had 10 lbs of IED to begin with, and the truck was rated for 15 lbs, well...

Math matters.

Last Edited:
how would you feel about your neighbor having full access to those substances with no education on their chemical properties or how to properly use them
Like the last couple hundred years have worked out without major issues? Is this another "pandemic" that we need to continue the excessive use of emergency power declarations? Jesus, when will it be ok to be an American again without having to defend our position that doesn't effect anyone? The world seems out of control with hipster thinking lately. Some ideas are great but not all. It's time to get back to what made this country great, freedom of choice, not more regulations. Rant over.

Like the last couple hundred years have worked out without major issues? Is this another "pandemic" that we need to continue the excessive use of emergency power declarations? Jesus, when will it be ok to be an American again without having to defend our position that doesn't effect anyone? The world seems out of control with hipster thinking lately. Some ideas are great but not all. It's time to get back to what made this country great, freedom of choice, not more regulations. Rant over.
Personal responsibility, personal account, personal consequences, personal choice, and personal freedoms! We lost all of that some time ago when "Big Brother" decided to stranglehold us into compliance!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top