JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
That Daily Deal is back at it.

6 MREs for under $20. OK, it doesn't come with the spork and a few other small items.

http://www.thatdailydeal.com/home.php?id=40655&past_deal=1

I ordered the last time I saw it on another forum (in October). It took over two weeks to deliver and they shorted me one MRE. But, they said they would take care of it. I'm still waiting. But whatever, I got free shipping with that order. So, I'm not that concerned.

+++++

My past experience with them,.....
I made my order on Oct 7th and recvd my order on Oct 31st. So actually, it was more than two weeks for delivery.

Anyway, I ordered 6 of the 6 packs. And as I said, they shorted me one MRE. This is how it broke down.

5- Penne Pasta w/Veg. Sausage
4- Chili & Mac
6- Spaghetti w/ Meat Sauce
8- Beef Ravioli in Meat Sauce
5- Veg. Lasagna
7- Cheese Tortellini in Tomato Sauce

Luck of the draw, I guess. But, I'm happy with my order.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Thanks for posting this.....for $3.25 a meal, can't go wrong. I just ordered some in case we have a bad winter and I can't get to down to buy food. I'm not very good about keeping much on hand.
I got the full order and it arrived in about 10 days.
Very happy with their service and might order another box or two.

That Daily Deal is back at it.

6 MREs for under $20. OK, it doesn't come with the spork and a few other small items.

http://www.thatdailydeal.com/home.php?id=40655&past_deal=1

I ordered the last time I saw it on another forum (in October). It took over two weeks to deliver and they shorted me one MRE. But, they said they would take care of it. I'm still waiting. But whatever, I got free shipping with that order. So, I'm not that concerned.

+++++

My past experience with them,.....
I made my order on Oct 7th and recvd my order on Oct 31st. So actually, it was more than two weeks for delivery.

Anyway, I ordered 6 of the 6 packs. And as I said, they shorted me one MRE. This is how it broke down.

5- Penne Pasta w/Veg. Sausage
4- Chili & Mac
6- Spaghetti w/ Meat Sauce
8- Beef Ravioli in Meat Sauce
5- Veg. Lasagna
7- Cheese Tortellini in Tomato Sauce

Luck of the draw, I guess. But, I'm happy with my order.

Aloha, Mark
Just placed an order. I love the mystery bonus option at check out, 98 cents for who knows what! Lol. I selected quantity 5. Free shipping too! Thanks for the link!
Cheers.

So my order arrives. Took about a week. For the price, no complaints. I ordered six. I get five chili Mac and a stew of some kind. Again, for the price, I can't complain. Good to keep in the back of the cars. In fact, I'm ordering more. Boy I tell ya, that mystery bonus for the extra buck. Lol. You get what you pay for and sometimes a little more. Like I said, no complaints with these people. They picked up where 1saleaday left off. Kudos to them.

I remember eating the MCI (we called them C-Rats). I thought they sucked.

Big time!

I have eaten the MRE. I think they suck too.
C-Rats kept me going through basic training and my first year in Germany. I had no problem with them. I still have my first P38 from basic. After eating C-Rats for a year we transitioned to those new fangled MRE's. Chicken ala King was boss. Lol. Then there was the cheddar cheese packs....
Now the German army had some serious field rations. They got a huge aluminum tray with lots of compartments filled with awesome food. It was totally five star compared to us. Back at the barracks we ate like kings though. We actually used to get lobster on a regular basis.

C-Rats kept me going through basic training and my first year in Germany. I had no problem with them. I still have my first P38 from basic. After eating C-Rats for a year we transitioned to those new fangled MRE's. Chicken ala King was boss. Lol. Then there was the cheddar cheese packs....
Now the German army had some serious field rations. They got a huge aluminum tray with lots of compartments filled with awesome food. It was totally five star compared to us. Back at the barracks we ate like kings though. We actually used to get lobster on a regular basis.

I always figured the ala king was someones idea of a joke.
Lobster? Maybe before Gramm Rudman. We'd have to take a drive down to Rhein Main AFB to get anything edible. Of course when you get 2 hour lunches that was do-able :).

Since I am snowed in, I decided to try one.
Tastes terrible, but filled me up which is all that matters.

Could it be that they are MREs? They are not usually considered "Fine Dining". When I was deployed I went from around 220lbs to around 160 in 6 mos. Mostly because I didn't eat unless I was basically starving. That was a loooong time ago. The best advise is find the packages you like and trade the meals. Maybe we can set up a thread here. Anyone got Beanie Weenies?

Last Edited:
Only thing good in the MRE's was the supplemental bread packs that didnt actually come with the MRE. No matter how old those things were they were still soft and fresh coming out of the wrap. No wonder my kids have 3 eyes.

Could it be that they are MREs? They are not usually considered "Fine Dining". When I was deployed I went from around 220lbs to around 160 in 6 mos. Mostly because I didn't eat unless I was basically starving. That was a loooong time ago. The best advise is find the packages you like and trade the meals. Maybe we can set up a thread here. Anyone got Beanie Weenies?
I've tried a couple since and they all taste exactly the same....like they use the same bad sauce on all of them. But that's okay, they indeed are not fine dining and only for occasional use. However, given your weight loss on them, maybe I should eat them full time. I could stand to lose a few lbs.

I always figured the ala king was someones idea of a joke.
Lobster? Maybe before Gramm Rudman. We'd have to take a drive down to Rhein Main AFB to get anything edible. Of course when you get 2 hour lunches that was do-able :).
I was in the 2nd Armored Cav. Our CO fed the border troops well. If the balloon went up I guess he wanted us to at least go out with a happy belly.
Although, we never got two hours for lunch. Lol.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top