JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bomb shelters typically need some food, water and sanitary supplies.
Stocking 50,500 shelters would be a major effort and cost a lot of money!
And Russia would declare it an "aggressive" move. . . "Preparing for war".

It makes more sense for countries in closer proximity to putler's regime where the threat of conventional bombing is more of a real possibility.

The U.S.... that type of threat isn't a great enough possibility for it to make economic sense to invest in those types of structures. Here, the potential is more likely nuclear... where shelters will make little difference. Die quick or die slow in nuclear winter. What's the point(?)

Finland and soon Sweden are sure welcome NATO developments out of all the hub-bub. 👍

I'm surprised the number is that low.

Because if I lived in a state bordering Russia, I'd have TWO just personally for me and mine. Finland has 5.5 million citizens, so that's 109 people per shelter. If you live next to Russia, those are rookie numbers. They need to bump those numbers up.

FDC1211F-AD95-43C5-ADB7-D21959B48F71.jpeg

I just don't understand why somebody hasn't just turned him into worm food. His own countrymen can't possibly believe he's got their best interests at heart, can they?
So far, taking out the man with the big Sombrero fails every time. Cough...Sadam, Gaddafi, any new #2 big man.

As Bullwinkle once said, "I think we need a other hat. That **** never works". The power struggle between the corrupt government and the mob (now with nukes) could make previous failures look like a pre school fight.

So far, taking out the man with the big Sombrero fails every time. Cough...Sadam, Gaddafi, any new #2 big man.

As Bullwinkle once said, "I think we need a other hat. That **** never works". The power struggle between the corrupt government and the mob (now with nukes) could make previous failures look like a pre school fight.
I completely agree with you. When we do it, things tend to go south. I don't get why one of his own folks hasn't capped his bubblegum.

There was a fad in the late 40's and 50's of what I know as a "basement house". I think they were marketed as a quasi-bomb shelter. There was one in town, and we used to ride our bikes by as kids to get a glimpse of the "Moleman".
378bd85c778bf359-uncropped_scaled_within_1536_1152.jpg

If we are talking nukes, there is no such thing as a bomb shelter. There are only fallout shelters. If you are in the blast zone, it's all over.

Yeah, yeah, I know, Cheyenne Mt, etc

When I was a kid they used to have us practice that crap. Even then I used to wonder who they were trying to fool? As if getting under my desk was going to do anything if a nuke went off :confused:

Hummmmm.......I guess you'll need some entertainment while you're in that bomb shelter. So, for tonight's (this week's) FREE MOVIE.....

The Unknown Soldier (English Subtitle)

Aloha, Mark

PS.....and what about in Norway?
OK, Ok, ok....save it for Friday Night.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR