JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A lot of the 9 & 45 expanded bullets coming out of autopsies show expanded differences in thousandths of an inch, not some gargantuan measurement comparison.

Folks seem to think that the expansion difference from 9 to 45 is huge...unfortunately, more often than not, it's not that big of a difference.

I would rather carry a larger caliber, and the chance for a large sized expanded bullet is better, they won't shrink.

BUT, as usual folks seem to concern themselves with futile discussions, than with enough training to be able to run their gun efficiently, and place their shot (s) where needed.

A lot of people make comments about the 45 as being outdated. I hope they are referring to the 1911 and not the cartridge, because 9x19 predates 45 ACP.
YOU just had to go there didn't you?
May I start this part of the thread by saying
There is no finer weapon designed than that of Mr John Moses Browning in the form of the 1911.
Of course in 45ACP

The 10mm is obviously superior to both the 9mm and the 45ACP so we won't talk about that here.
It will throw everyone off a little.............more than usual :rolleyes:
Lol. The humble .44, magnum or special is proper medicine. Loaded of course with sharp shouldered Keith slugs.

th?&id=JN.uvWcMES4SirJJdAO6vWYDA&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0.jpg

I wonder if in a thousand years if people will be arguing which laser blaster wattage is the best for neutralizing Romulans?

Psst spoiler alert, obviously the bigger wattage blaster.

Shooting the .45 Cal Grease Gun was an experience I'll never forget; I was the first private to arrive in months (Carter was POTUS), and there was a huge load of ammo dropped-off at the fam-fire range. The Grease Gun was the most fun and least accurate.

Myself and the Sgt/Safety officer went through those cases of ammo (like kids in a candy store). I zeroed my M16A1, shot/qualified on the 1911, and fired the grease gun like one of the Untouchables...all day.

My hands have never been that swollen since.

By the time the M9 transition transition took place in the 82nd ABN (late 80s), I was a supervisor with responsibilities and only fired a few hundred rounds each day...then the pistols were assigned to officers, gunners, and soft-skilled soldiers.

I lamented seeing all the 1911 parts being dumped into a scrap-metal bin. The M9 was more accurate but heavier....and Uncle Sam was buying the ammo.

Today, I still love everything about firearms except for the amount of self-esteem (validation) that rides on the firearm choices or opinions of other people....it's a fool's errand to share that more perspective on anything is always much better than 1 stand-alone experience or opinion.

Addendum: it was always funny to watch a brand-new 2nd lieutenant say...

"this is how I always do it"

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top