JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow!! 12 pages. Possibly an NWFA record for the topic??
Not one bit of new information that I've seen.
No convincing arguments.
Not one revelation. No one admitted to changing their mind, or found Jesus or saw Elvis, or even Granny from the Beverly Hillbillies.
And yet I and several others have followed it, read it, and now commented on it.
How strange!!:rolleyes:

No joke,, my son (spec ops) shoots a 300 yard steel with his 9 that is the carbon copy of his issue weapon and he tends to twang it as much or more than he misses it. It music to my old ears to hear him down at his 10 acre place keeping in form!
I wouldn't want to be caught between his irons.
One of the perks of being spec ops is you get to shoot thousands upon thousands of rounds at the range annually! If I had known that 40 years ago I would've tried out! Now I'm lucky to get a sight picture at 30 yards with a pistol!o_O

Wow!! 12 pages. Possibly an NWFA record for the topic??
Not one bit of new information that I've seen.
No convincing arguments.
Not one revelation. No one admitted to changing their mind, or found Jesus or saw Elvis, or even Granny from the Beverly Hillbillies.
And yet I and several others have followed it, read it, and now commented on it.
How strange!!:rolleyes:
We all know The Lord is a Man Of War.
And carries a .45

after many hours of meditation and prayer. I have come to the revelation that the 9mm is for infidels and ladies. The 45 is the caliber of the just and worthy.

I carry a 9mm most often, but I like to carry old slab sides too. My buddy has a cz75 that just might be the next purchase.
I loved my CZ75, and it was with some regret when I sold it to come up with a down payment for a house. Someday, I'll own another. Hopefully, and original, pre-B, with "Czecholsovakia" written on the side.

Hello all, I wanted to chime in a little. I carry a xdm 40 , but have a 45 in multiple platforms and a 9mm in multiple platforms. 10 mm for my hiking weapon. In my opinion you can practice with one gun and grow your skills gradually until you can pick up any caliber and be a good shot with it. Just takes time for some folks. I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with any of these guns until I learned this trick. Start with a 22. Get good with it and learn what not to do then upgrade calibers until you can pick up anything and hit your target with it. Hope this helps

Hello all, I wanted to chime in a little. I carry a xdm 40 , but have a 45 in multiple platforms and a 9mm in multiple platforms. 10 mm for my hiking weapon. In my opinion you can practice with one gun and grow your skills gradually until you can pick up any caliber and be a good shot with it. Just takes time for some folks. I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with any of these guns until I learned this trick. Start with a 22. Get good with it and learn what not to do then upgrade calibers until you can pick up anything and hit your target with it. Hope this helps

I would agree with this completely until you start to shoot faster than controlled pairs. Some people just dont have the hand and wrist strength to run the higher octane stuff. Accuracy goes to crap, malfunctions increase as the gun works its way loose during rapid fire.

My Dad is a 45 guy through and through. He started to get some arthritis in his wrists and now he has to carry a 380 because its what he can control. Something is better than nothing.

I have .380/9/40/and 45 handguns I am a bigger is better guy. Lets face it most situations where you have to make the decision to use deadly force happens between 3-10 feet and speed of projectile doesn't matter at that range , given the choice I like the 45. Now as been said the best gun at 3-10ft is the gun you decieded to carry that day whether its a 22/380/9mm/45 etc.. This debate will never end, but with the guns I have I make the decision on what caliber I like best with what I carry on that day.

A .22 if rifle or handgun is always excellent practice. You can concentrate on the basics of marksmanship and effective gun handling without being bothered by recoil and a lot of noise. Without the basics, you won't be a very effective shot with anything, for any kind of shooting.

Then I got programmed by the USMC
Bigger is always better.
Finesse is under-rated.
Peace through superior firepower.
No survivors.
I shot a Quantico accurized 1911 for one of the many Marine pistol teams.
1000 rounds per month, for three years.

OoRah Marine! Thank you for your service. The US Army taught me similar things back in the late 1960's. Carried a Colt .45 in SouthEast Asia. Never had any problems with the round or the weapon. Cannot say the same thing for the M-16. To this day I am and remain a .45 fan. Saved my arse back when. Might do it again. Who knows?

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top