JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I get it but after several stops at the shop asking what all I need to do and told I'm done every time. What the heck should I have done? This is my third can and the third way filing, all of them have been individual filings but the process has not been consistent. My spidey senses kept telling me that something wasn't right so I kept on looking, dealer even told me I didn't have anything else to do when he looked at SS website, but after your earlier post found out that advice was B.S. So, say what or how you feel but when continually given bad advice what the heck is a person supposed to do, other than what I have been doing and being the squeaky wheel.
Well, actually pay attention. Attention to detail. Have you set up an ATF account yet?

I get it but after several stops at the shop asking what all I need to do and told I'm done every time. What the heck should I have done? This is my third can and the third way filing, all of them have been individual filings but the process has not been consistent. My spidey senses kept telling me that something wasn't right so I kept on looking, dealer even told me I didn't have anything else to do when he looked at SS website, but after your earlier post found out that advice was B.S. So, say what or how you feel but when continually given bad advice what the heck is a person supposed to do, other than what I have been doing and being the squeaky wheel.
I also do have to tell you I'm not used to this system yet either. All my other cans have been form 4s which I physically had to go to the local sheriff's office and get signed off on from them, so there's that.....

Unless you are on a trust. It is important to note that all of this is only for individual transfers. Trust transfers are still on the old schedule, so STBY for anyone (like me) who manages NFA items that way.

Yes, you could buy your NFA item as an individual and then transfer it to a trust later. This lets you possess it now while you wait for the trust transfer to process. But that will cost you two $200 transfer fees, one as the individual and one to the trust.

Overturn the NFA, it is the only rational solution.
I'm also questioning that. The way it was explained to me was that even though it's in a trust, I can still file as an "individual" under said trust, thus cutting down the time (since I'm the only person ON the trust)......

I'm also questioning that. The way it was explained to me was that even though it's in a trust, I can still file as an "individual" under said trust, thus cutting down the time (since I'm the only person ON the trust)......
IANAL but that is not how I understand it to work. If you file as an individual, you own the item. If you file on a trust the trust owns the item and you control the trust (but do not own it). If you file as an individual you can pay another transfer to put it on the trust, and you can posses it for the duration since it was transferred to you and the it is transferred to something you control, but you still have to pay twice to get it fast then get it to where you want.

If there is a way to do the fast transfer and get it into a trust and only pay once I am all ears, but you would think that would be a hot topic item and would be all over the place for how to do it.

Last Edited:
IAMAL but that is not how I understand it to work. If you file as an individual, you own the item. If you file on a trust the trust owns the item and you control the trust (but do not own it). If you file as an individual you can pay another transfer to put it on the trust, and you can posses it for the duration since it was transferred to you and the it is transferred to something you control, but you still have to pay twice to get it fast then get it to where you want.

If there is a way to do the fast transfer and get it into a trust and only pay once I am all ears, but you would think that would be a hot topic item and would be all over the place for how to do it.
I'll let you tomorrow when I hopefully get the call. I'll ask the questions

Ok, heres how it was explained to me. I've got a single shot unlimited trust. EVENTHOUGH it's filed under the trusts "name", I can still file as "individual" since I'm the only person on the trust. Make sense??? Because it doesn't to me.........Make it make sense to me or I'm just too bubblegumfaced to understand......

AND the Wolverines.......😉😘
Not to rub it in, but picked up my Dead Air Wolverine today! ;-). First thing i did was mount it to my Romanian AES10B RPK! ;-). Whole thing with empty drum mag weighs FIFTEEN pounds . . . ;-). So that makes 5 cans purchased and cleared in the last 3 weeks, with another one that just arrived at my FFL today, go to get the paperwork started tomorrow!
IMG_6956.jpeg
IMG_6950.jpeg

IANAL but that is not how I understand it to work. If you file as an individual, you own the item. If you file on a trust the trust owns the item and you control the trust (but do not own it). If you file as an individual you can pay another transfer to put it on the trust, and you can posses it for the duration since it was transferred to you and the it is transferred to something you control, but you still have to pay twice to get it fast then get it to where you want.

I agree, if there was a way to do it with fast approval with only one $200 stamp, that would be ideal. I wasnt going to take that risk. The way i figure, it is worth it to me to pay an extra $200 to get it essentially now, with almost no wait, use the suppressor, and then down the road move to a trust if i decide to with another $200. Back when all approvals were taking the same/similar timeline, it would have been probably better to do the trust route, one and done. But with 2-3 day approvals for many individuals now a reality, that changes the game . I bet those that have been sitting in line waiting for approval with their can in jail for almost a year right now would gladly pay $200 to have gotten it in three days instead. . .

I agree, if there was a way to do it with fast approval with only one $200 stamp, that would be ideal. I wasnt going to take that risk. The way i figure, it is worth it to me to pay an extra $200 to get it essentially now, with almost no wait, use the suppressor, and then down the road move to a trust if i decide to with another $200. Back when all approvals were taking the same/similar timeline, it would have been probably better to do the trust route, one and done. But with 2-3 day approvals for many individuals now a reality, that changes the game . I bet those that have been sitting in line waiting for approval with their can in jail for almost a year right now would gladly pay $200 to have gotten it in three days instead. . .
I think that depends on how many cans you already have. While I always want my can as fast as possible, any new cans I am buying now are to run as a dedicated can. So while I am waiting I am not without a can to use, just don't have the one I want to run dedicated yet. For me, it isn't worth the hassle or additional $200 for somewhat instant gratification. Everyone's situation is different and all I know is that this change in processing is a giant step forward in the right direction. I look forward to their continued improvement to include trusts.

Now we need suppressor manufacturers to increase production capacity to keep up with yet another surge in demand.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top