JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
:D

Screen Shot 2023-07-19 at 1.27.39 PM.png

How long until the good idea fairy visits again? Tomorrow? A week? Have you actually finished a single "challenge" at all?

Just opinion :D in a real grid down, after two weeks your neighbors would smell you cooking food and come to your house to eat.

After 31 days your neighbors will be eating you.:confused:
Any of us who have been the ant, rather than the grasshopper will have to be able to make a hard choice if things ever do go south. Either be willing to stop with force those who want to take what you were smart enough to have ready, or give it all away. When Y2K was getting close Wife started to want to fall for some of the hype. Saying some were buying HUGE lots of food goods. I told her we were fine. Many of those storing all that stuff had no way to keep it. They would feed us in trade for keeping what they had.

I think maybe it's just that nobody really cares about these thread topics but they appear in everyone's new activity making it really hard to ignore. The threads never go anywhere, the follow through is non-existent and franky WTF does it have to do with guns? Another thread of another idea that goes nowhere.....that's why there's some flaming happening.

You can keep making these threads, no worries there. But you WILL receive opinions on them whether you like it or not. That's the price for putting your personal life on the internet. Suggesting the IGNORE feature to those that don't support your ideas isn't how it works.

Make your bed, lie in it kind of thing.

Last Edited:
"and franky WTF does it have to do with guns"

Preparedness & Survival
What-if scenarios, emergency plans, bug out vehicles, HAM radios, skill building, food storage, water purification, shelter, and more

"and franky WTF does it have to do with guns"

Preparedness & Survival
What-if scenarios, emergency plans, bug out vehicles, HAM radios, skill building, food storage, water purification, shelter, and more
Your diet, just like your finances are YOURS. They affect YOU and YOU alone. Again, talk all you want about them, but expect not everyone to give you warm fuzzies. What potential information would be useful to the rest of us....meaning that's great you're doing what you want but after reading your OP I don't see any information that will help the rest of us prep. It seems more like a diet exercise.

Last Edited:
Almost nothing is great anymore sadly. I try to not live on a lot of junk but now days pretty much eat what I like. Try to not go over board on real bad stuff but hey it's amazing I have lived this long :D
Protien bro, protien. Whey, meat, plant based......keeps you full longer, helps sustain muscle and doesn't put you in a diabetic coma. Carb-heavy diets is exactly why this country has an obesity problem......which is now the beauty standard I guess.....according to Lizzo and the internet.......

Protien bro, protien. Whey, meat, plant based......keeps you full longer, helps sustain muscle and doesn't put you in a diabetic coma. Carb-heavy diets is exactly why this country has an obesity problem......which is now the beauty standard I guess.....according to Lizzo and the internet.......
Meat and dairy are something I eat a LOT of. Over the years I have heard its bad, its good, its both sigh. Don't care I love it. Fortunately I never have been a fan of soda. I hear that corn sweetener that is in so much of that now is really nasty for causing people to look like blimps. So I do try to avoid it in anything. Probably too much bread in my diet but I do buy the higher end stuff which sure as hell tastes better. Not sure if its any more healthy but I figure it probably is at least a little better. Again though the Doc's told me I was going to be under the sod decades ago. So WTF, if it tastes good to me, its on the plan :s0140:

Meat and dairy are something I eat a LOT of. Over the years I have heard its bad, its good, its both sigh. Don't care I love it. Fortunately I never have been a fan of soda. I hear that corn sweetener that is in so much of that now is really nasty for causing people to look like blimps. So I do try to avoid it in anything. Probably too much bread in my diet but I do buy the higher end stuff which sure as hell tastes better. Not sure if it's any more healthy but I figure it probably is at least a little better. Again though the Doc's told me I was going to be under the sod decades ago. So WTF, if it tastes good to me, its on the plan :s0140:
Lol so many good tasting foods out there I don't eat. :D

Not a vary useful challenge for a "grid down" situation, IMO.

Simply from the perspective of no idea what true workload you would actually be doing. Given all of the other normalcy conveniences are still intact & used. You could extrapolate possible examples of necessary work in your test, without putting yourself in any risk. Say hauling 5 gallons of scum water twice per day, treating said water (but not using said water), along with splitting and hauling wood for 4 hours. Every day.

If your on vacation from work. ie no normalcy.

Perspective: we do not do much manual labor, as in all day manual labor. Recently we moved my shop, 8 trips over 2 1/2 days. Daily caloric intake about tripled. That was with normal conveniences.

So, yah, I'm just going with a change in diet on this one. No relevant challenge.

Go camping instead, and have fun with your family.

Not a vary useful challenge for a "grid down" situation, IMO.

Simply from the perspective of no idea what true workload you would actually be doing. Given all of the other normalcy conveniences are still intact & used. You could extrapolate possible examples of necessary work in your test, without putting yourself in any risk. Say hauling 5 gallons of scum water twice per day, treating said water (but not using said water), along with splitting and hauling wood for 4 hours. Every day.

If your on vacation from work. ie no normalcy.

Perspective: we do not do much manual labor, as in all day manual labor. Recently we moved my shop, 8 trips over 2 1/2 days. Daily caloric intake about tripled. That was with normal conveniences.

So, yah, I'm just going with a change in diet on this one. No relevant challenge.

Go camping instead, and have fun with your family.

Any of us who have been the ant, rather than the grasshopper will have to be able to make a hard choice if things ever do go south. Either be willing to stop with force those who want to take what you were smart enough to have ready, or give it all away. When Y2K was getting close Wife started to want to fall for some of the hype. Saying some were buying HUGE lots of food goods. I told her we were fine. Many of those storing all that stuff had no way to keep it. They would feed us in trade for keeping what they had.
Just seems to me that before long it would be really hard not being food. :confused:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top