JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
trashCleanup.jpg

Two trash bugs, a bucket of brass and a giant wood backdrop!

I have nothing but time and live in the Oregon City area.... Out of work do to a injury if someone can tell me some spots in a 25 mile range I'd be glad to go shoot some of my rifles and than spend the rest of the time cleaning up.... Have trunk & trailer if a group wants to get togather.... E-Mail me [email protected] No money, no job, but tons of time...

I'm a newbee and I know a place here near Woodland I go to shoot that will benefit from your idea. Will take the truck next time and take time for clean up. Thanks Joe.

I am also new to outdoor shooting. I live in Seattle and would like to help clean up...the only issue is that I don't know where to go.

Can somebody provide a list of outdoor shooting spots within 1hour of Seattle?

Thank you

Hey awesome people,

I'm tidying my basement and wanted to offer up some free stuff to the folks who posted photos here. You can pick it up at the Lucky Lab get-together on Tuesday, October 9th. I'll be there 6:30-7:30pm, wearing a Thunder Ranch cap.

Please PM me once with your top choice and two alternatives, in case they're already claimed.

1. UAG AR-15 Carbine Quadrail + covers
2. TacStar 4-pack shot shell carrier for Mossberg 5xx, NIB
3. 20 surplus HK91 mags
4. Remington 870 synthetic black buttstock and uncle mike's shotshell pouch
5. Beretta 21-A Bobcat + 1 mag (claimed)
6. Safari sling
7. Two MOLLE Double pistol mag pouches - ACU
8. Woodland camo triple M4 magazine pouch
9. Desert Camo MOLLE Sustainment Pouch
10. Triple M4 magazine pouch MOLLE, ACU
11. Two 40 mm grenade pouches, ACU or Paraclete smoke green

Note I'm not with NWFA, just a happy member.

Yesterday it became contagious. Because we started cleaning up others jumped in and started cleaning themselves. Great motivation NWFA!!!:s0155:
trashg.jpg
And can you believe the bag on the left is just shot gun shells. damn that bag is heavy.

Joe
Thanks again for offering up this great opportunity. It really looks like some of our local shooting spots are looking great. This is a great service all of the NWFA members are doing and it really gets me excited about the whole shooting community. I have always left a shooting area cleaner then when I arrived, I learned that in cub scouts and boy scouts. However I was always disappointed others didn't take the same initiative when I would pull into a place. I don't know when I will have time to go up but I am already planning on loading up my car top carrier with trash before I leave. Thanks again Joe.

Hey Guys,

I'm willing to do some clean up as I posted above. I have been out of work since Dec 2009 do to a nasty knee & back injury as well as some major heart problems. With that said I have tons of time in my life right now. I live just off 213/Lealend Road and love to shoot. It's the biggest stress releiver for me, but I have no idea were to go besides the clackamas range & I'd really like to fire some of my rifles... Please someone send me an e-mail with some areas to go and shoot that could also use a bit of clean up... my e-mail is [email protected] hell maybe we can go shoot togather... L.B.

Every time we go into the woods to shoot at TV's and refrigerators, we bring the carcass back home for the yard. The neighbors appreciate it and have put several of the items in their front yard gardens. Nothing is sharper to crawl over than sheet metal perforated a thousand times with copper jackets, and a certain political message may be made.

Soviet steel shells pick up easily with a magnet sweeper, but I have yet to find a way to get reloadable brass up besides the stoop-n-pick. Fortunately, brass is worth enough to pick it and sort it.

Don't go home with an empty trunk.

Cheers.

Sorry my buddy was helping me unload and threw the bags in the dumpster before I could get a pic...

People amaze me seriously I picked up so many balloon remnants and Styrofoam and paint thinner cans its just stupid and the amount of shotgun shells is stupid

Anyways this was out Goose neck road in polk county

2012-10-09 18.04.13.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Went shooting up memaloose yesterday, I feel that every weekend when I go shooting I could bring home a truck bed full and there would still be too much junk up there!

The smallest bag is full of shotgun hulls and we didn't even break the surface.

Photo-0004.jpg

Photo-0005.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a bit of information:
I went up to Livingston Mountain Camas WA to shoot the other day. Haven't been there in a few months. Turns out there is a Washington Discover Pass required to park... ( <broken link removed> ) I was busted, but just given a warning. There is also a mile section just pass the rock quarry ,owned by the paper mill, where you are not allowed to shoot. Sheriff busted me on that count... Talked my way out of that one too... I was allowed to pick up some trash... Was thanked by the Forest Ranger who busted me for not having a parking pass though... I always pick up good brass and while bent over, I also pick-up other treasures and trash.
All that and I only got off 21 rounds.
P.S. Don't get caught using a tree stump for a back drop, even if there is dirt behind it. I was told it could start a fire... Go figure... Got busted for that too.

I clean up after myself and the area around me at the range regularly, but the range is always clean when I go because everyone does their part so sadly I do not think I will ever meet this goal.

Went up memaloose today, got another 5 bags. It was snowing off and on. I think this is going to be a regular thing because my girlfriend is really into cleaning up the shooting area's. Thank god we ran out of bags :)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top