JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
20120819_171858.jpg

I'd like to have a chat with the people that shot before me!

I was driving a Jeep Wrangler without the hard top (with my son) out to one of our favorite and dirtiest shooting spots. We picked up a ton of shot up junk and topped it off with beer cans and shotgun hulls from the area. Got pulled over by the local constable and he TRIED to site me for open container! I'm nearly 40 and have not had a beer since I was 16 and everyone I know-knows that. Keep those beer cans covered boys!

Stopped picking up hulls after the first hour. Tried to focus on the big stuff, plastics, computer parts. Trunk full with the seats down (Still not smart enough to bring bags).
Not all bad, though. Picked up a TON of OFB. 358 9mm, 112 40 S&W, 109 .223, 90 .45 ACP, 66 .45 long Colt, 12 .38.

Special thanks to Western Oregon Waste for covering the disposal fee.

WP_000495 (719x539).jpg

You Rock! Was that Browns Camp?
Peavine. Not the spot I use, just got tired of looking at it as I drove by. This is at a logging gate, about 3.5-4 miles past the end of pavement. I wouldn't suggest that it ever gets 100% cleaned up. I'd like it to be a quick, easy shooting spot for the idiots. Hopefully that way they'll leave the upper areas alone! As long as they don't start a fire and keep leaving their brass, I'll keep cleaning up after them.

Just returned from 20 days on wildfire in Eastern Oregon and had to go sight-in a rifle for nutria hunting. On the way out the door I even remembered to toss in some bags!! You will notice we have a bag of "nickles", a bonus worth $3.45!! LOL

ODFW has said they will shut down all shooting areas in the Tillamook State Forest permanently if the trash problem gets out of control again.

Um... can they really do that without changing the existing laws for the state of Oregon?

166.170 State preemption.
(1) Except as expressly authorized by state statute, the authority to regulate in any matter whatsoever the sale, acquisition, transfer, ownership, possession, storage, transportation or use of firearms or any element relating to firearms and components thereof, including ammunition, is vested solely in the Legislative Assembly.
(2) Except as expressly authorized by state statute, no county, city or other municipal corporation or district may enact civil or criminal ordinances, including but not limited to zoning ordinances, to regulate, restrict or prohibit the sale, acquisition, transfer, ownership, possession, storage, transportation or use of firearms or any element relating to firearms and components thereof, including ammunition. Ordinances that are contrary to this subsection are void. [1995 s.s. c.1 §1]

Nice work Angler!

Funny how ODFW wants to shut down the shooting spots, yet when we do something to improve the situation they refuse to acknowledge our efforts.

Picked as much as I could fit in my civic (2 full bags + some cardboard). I'll post pictures once I get a collection of full bags, as a third full bag will not fit in my car with all of the gear and 3 people!

edit: Definitely need a vehicle with more ground clearance, it's amazing where a civic can go, but damn, I'm lucky that I don't have holes in my exhaust.

Ive been meaning to do this, thanks for the extra motivation. We recently lost a camping spot that my grandpa has been using since 1970 and I grew up in because of people dumping trash. It makes me SOANGRY!

This thread has really made my day! Thanks a million to all of you who have stepped up and made the commitment to keep our shooting areas clean! I'm heading up to my spot(s) after this coming weekend to do some cleanup, and zero my rifle for the upcoming Appleseed event at Douglas Ridge!

Spent the morning up Granite Hill with the Wife. Wow, a bag full of shotgun hulls is heavy!!! We had to kill a frying pan but got a few bags of trash. Took her to Hong Kong for lunch for helping me.
Mike

I cannot recall a work effort so well excepted by the members of a there community and sport, that can compare to this one.
I have not been to a public range in over twenty five years but I can remember how so many people would just use ours range for a dump.
It became so filthy I wanted to shower after just being there for a shoot. Finally closed by the county leaving the real sportsmen just the forester areas miles out of town to shoot. Along came the trash and up went the gates.

I just want to thank everyone for there hard work and support throughout the states that have taken part.
Silver Hand

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads